Carlton in the Media (articles, podcasts etc) - Part 2 (cont. in Part 3)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am normally a reader of BF and have never posted.But today I am compelled to vent.

I despair at the media coverage of football in general - just too many people (cannot see fit to use the term "journalist" to describe the vast majority of them) commenting on afl. There needs to be a proper accreditation process.

I simply ingnore the media commentary about Carlton.

I also mute the channel 7 game commentary for all games , not just Carlton games.

SOS was awesome on Monday night, mind you with the exception of Juddy, he was dealing with 3 muppets on that show.

But the thing that the ******* media does that shits me the most, is when they refer to us as "the once proud club" , I have always been a proud of Carlton. At least weve had the guts to tackle our situation.

I believe in Bolts and SOS. And will be patient.

Was at game 3 weeks ago against Port, and was proud. But the media forget about that sort of performance.

I am going to the game tomorrow, and would love a performance by the blues that would make tools like Lloyd the sniper eat their words.
Love it, Andrew.

I am normally a reader of BF and have never posted.But today I am compelled to vent.

I despair at the media coverage of football in general - just too many people (cannot see fit to use the term "journalist" to describe the vast majority of them) commenting on afl. There needs to be a proper accreditation process.

I also mute the channel 7 game commentary for all games , not just Carlton games.

SOS was awesome on Monday night, mind you with the exception of Juddy, he was dealing with 3 muppets on that show.

But the thing that the ******* media does that shits me the most, is when they refer to us as "the once proud club" , I have always been a proud of Carlton. At least weve had the guts to tackle our situation.

Was at game 3 weeks ago against Port, and was proud. But the media forget about that sort of performance.

I am going to the game tomorrow, and would love a performance by the blues that would make tools like Lloyd the sniper eat their words.

Hi

I think pseudo expert is too strong a phrase, even in this context. Literally anyone can pay for a website and write bullcrap. Constructing it in the formula of an article doesn't alter the fact it's bullshit written by a nobody. These things literally aren't worth paying attention to, nor giving any "air time" to.
Unfortunately they have already earned a click before you realize it’s a nobody just click bating. We need a warning.

In the words of John Kennedy Snr - "don't say - do!!!".

Don't be a lurker as you've clearly got plenty to contribute.

Thanks for posting.

Nice first up post :thumbsu: Even better christian name :thumbsu::thumbsu:

Don't know if I've replicated my own stupidity, but on two different platforms, I've got about 10 minutes of your content looping for an hour and a half. That's what I got when I listened to your part 1. Disappointed because it sounded good.
That's really odd, not sure what would be driving that. Please give it another crack when you can, I've posted links in the sig!

Apparently Marc was 3rd in line after Juddy wanted to hand over the captaincy. Carrots (too injury prone) and 29yo Simmo (too old) were the prime candidates.

Murphy's body language wasnt good and he let Crippa lead the team into the race when he should have. It means Murph is a failure as a captain.

Or something like that. I just skimmed it.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Caro might hurt herself if she tries to spin this any harder
Failed to get the alternative Richmond ticket over the line in '16
Coffee with Tom Elliott/Mathieson gives her new prey
Looks at Carlton, sees Carrion, pulls Trigger
Blinks
Misses the real melbourne disasters....
Saints norf bombers
In mediocrity
In perpetuity
Meanwhile we climb
and climb
and relegate them to
obscurity

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes - Malthouse is a flog.

Says Murphy is not a great captain - but he is the one that first appointed him.

Usual tripe from a bitter old fart trying to stay relevant.
even worse murph always stood up for him in the media no matter how ridiculous malthouse was being. often you could tell that he didn't want to but always remained loyal. it seems that lotalty is a one way street for mick malthouse.

That's really odd, not sure what would be driving that. Please give it another crack when you can, I've posted links in the sig!
Tried all platforms you offered except spotify. Part 2 plays fine but part 1 is broken. Tried it on pc, iphone, and on android tablet throughout the evening. Plays the first 18 minutes fine, but just after the comment about the player who was all australian in u17 and u18, when sos was on the board...... it starts playing a repeat of earlier in the podcast. It continues to loop like this throughout. The time stamp reads correctly though, like it was an upload error. Have you checked it? I'm eager to listen to part 1. Part 2 was great.

Hey guys, posted a new thread earlier regarding a second Carlton centric podcast put together by some mates and I.

It was since shunted to the backwater Siberia that is a page so deep within the forum, so far away from it's intended audience - you, passionate Carlton fans - so to render it inaccessible. If the main Carlton page is Broadway it's currently sitting somewhere in Wyoming.

I was told I could place links in my signature (I can't, won't accept even one character), but am obviously keen to share what we've come up with!

It's in two parts and modelled on a look back, taking stock and looking forward.

Part One - a look at two eras: 2009-2014 and 2015-now, taking in matters on and off field.
Part Two - a look forward, presenting our list ladder and one of the most thorough and thought provoking draft scenarios you'll see at any stage between now and the trade/draft period.

If the mods wouldn't mind, I'd really appreciate the opportunity to get this content to as many ears as we can. We love this Club and, I believe, have put together an engaging listen.

It can be found on iTunes, Radio Public, CastBox by searching "The Ian Prender-Cast"

Thanks again, guys, if you have a listen I hope you enjoy it!

Part One:
Web link: https://bit.ly/2L7QBXE
iTunes: https://apple.co/2uLQKVG

Part Two
Web link https://bit.ly/2Lc2CLF
iTunes: https://apple.co/2uLQKVG

It wasn’t moved by any of the Mods on here.

I hazard a guess it was moved by Chief to the Podcasts, Blogs & Videos Board

Chief

Yes - Malthouse is a flog.

Says Murphy is not a great captain - but he is the one that first appointed him.

Usual tripe from a bitter old fart trying to stay relevant.

FFS, getting a little tired of those putting the knives into the club when down - they’re really lining up now. Very brave. Especially putting knives into individual players.

M Murphy was handed a s*&t sandwich, to quote Spinal Tap. Reckon he can hold his head up.

The club is clear that it’s embarked on a long term strategy - there’s going to be pain on the journey, especially with the list we had in 2014.

No individual player is responsible for what has happened this year - Murphy, Weitering, whoever else gets chucked by the media or posters. Absolute garbage.

And instead of bagging individual players, how about talking about a strategy that will make the Blues a powerhouse again? For mine, the club made a good decision three years back. Yes, it won’t go perfectly - no plans do. But it’s clear we’ve got much more young talent than we did 3 years back. Yes, we’ve traded some good, mature players on the way - this was needed to be done to get the young talent in.

Happy to give it 2 more years to see where we’re at. To criticise now, after 3 years, WTF? Look at the Cats, Hawks, they didn’t turn it around in 3 years.

Have a nice day.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Apparently Marc was 3rd in line after Juddy wanted to hand over the captaincy. Carrots (too injury prone) and 29yo Simmo (too old) were the prime candidates.

Murphy's body language wasnt good and he let Crippa lead the team into the race when he should have. It means Murph is a failure as a captain.

Or something like that. I just skimmed it.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app
on ya katman.....so you have a HS account?

More Carlton Rubbish writing...

http://www.sportingnews.com/au/afl/...-logiudice-silvagni/ps7r2i7lxobm16lch63pen58w

Gee whiz we are copping a lot of s**t at the moment:rolleyes:
Didn't get past the first paragraph. This is a perfect example of why I don't read or watch too much footy media anymore. There are just so many dickheads out there who think they have a better handle on footy than those who have actually played, coached or administered the game. So easy to take pot shots, but none of these no-hopers will ever hold a position of any importance within the AFL.

"Average age" is the most overrated and stupid statistic in football.

10 x 50 year olds in a team with 12 x 6 year olds would give an average age of 26 years old.

That would mean we would have an average age of 26 years old.

So we should beat Richmond?

Anyone that uses "average age" as a pretence for "analysis" is a flog of the highest order.
:clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping:

"Average age" is the most overrated and stupid statistic in football.

10 x 50 year olds in a team with 12 x 6 year olds would give an average age of 26 years old.

That would mean we would have an average age of 26 years old.

So we should beat Richmond?

Anyone that uses "average age" as a pretence for "analysis" is a flog of the highest order.

I won't tag Ron the Bear but his ears must be burning.

FFS, getting a little tired of those putting the knives into the club when down - they’re really lining up now. Very brave. Especially putting knives into individual players.

M Murphy was handed a s*&t sandwich, to quote Spinal Tap. Reckon he can hold his head up.

The club is clear that it’s embarked on a long term strategy - there’s going to be pain on the journey, especially with the list we had in 2014.

No individual player is responsible for what has happened this year - Murphy, Weitering, whoever else gets chucked by the media or posters. Absolute garbage.

And instead of bagging individual players, how about talking about a strategy that will make the Blues a powerhouse again? For mine, the club made a good decision three years back. Yes, it won’t go perfectly - no plans do. But it’s clear we’ve got much more young talent than we did 3 years back. Yes, we’ve traded some good, mature players on the way - this was needed to be done to get the young talent in.

Happy to give it 2 more years to see where we’re at. To criticise now, after 3 years, WTF? Look at the Cats, Hawks, they didn’t turn it around in 3 years.

Have a nice day.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

White noise mate … helps to sleep at night ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back