Autopsy Rd 18 v Hawks - There is nothing to say

Remove this Banner Ad

Patrick Cripps is a star for you guys. i have seen a fair few Carlton games this year however i know use are blooding youngsters but they aren't showing enough. Also can some of you guys shed some light on what you think of Bolton as a coach? I was watching the game yesterday there were many passages coming out of defence where the players just didn't pull the trigger they had many options down the middle however just consistently stuck to the boundary often to 2 on 1's or kicking it out on the full?

To which my counterpoint becomes, what exactly makes you think it isn't? being pointed out? It isn't as though we're not copping it from most quarters most weeks, is it?

In what way are things being sugar-coated, in any way whatsoever?

This is part of what I really don't understand. What exactly do you think Bolton should say at his press conferences; what do you think Bolton isn't doing that he should be doing; what 'changes' can be done that would immediately fix things in quick order?

From where I'm sitting, there isn't a great deal that can be done that isn't already being done.

It the vibe, definitely the vibe :)
I just like to go with "The sky is falling"

We will come good, just takes time.

Thoughts on this loss. The bad is obvious so ill point out the not so

Polson & Kennedy got there hands on it more this week, both looked stronger and more confident in there body to move in and out of contests, so that was a massive plus

Jacks continued his progression in the backline liked his game

Weits & Marchy were left to carry the load hopefully this combination can continue for the last 5 rounds

LOB also i lked his workrate

Patrick Cripps is a star for you guys. i have seen a fair few Carlton games this year however i know use are blooding youngsters but they aren't showing enough. Also can some of you guys shed some light on what you think of Bolton as a coach? I was watching the game yesterday there were many passages coming out of defence where the players just didn't pull the trigger they had many options down the middle however just consistently stuck to the boundary often to 2 on 1's or kicking it out on the full?
The jist of it is we have one of the longest Injury lists in the comp and half the players playing shouldn’t be.

Bolts can’t reallt be judged fairly on that. Young guys are getting smashed with huge workloads they simply wouldn’t have at any other club. Only one player hasn’t missed a game this year due to injury for us. To add to that he only had a 2 man bench by half time and Pickett spent a fair time being tested for a concussion too. Look at the difference in rotations used.

Although, Weits was vastly improved on the weekend, Kennedy played one of his best games for the club, Fisher was tracking as BOG before he went off injured, Polson had his best game for the club, Dow and Lob are tired first years who are hardly training so they can get up for games, Charles Curnow is a star, Mckay was good around the ground but had the yips a little, his talent is obvious, Marchbank has shown how good he is. He simply shouldn’t be playing. Isn’t fit. Pickett is only just reaching match fitness and by champion data’s metric was one of our best, then we’ve got Jack Silvagni, who has played 47 different positions this season, has just been thrown back and acquitted himself quite well. Is strong in the contest and finally we have SPS whose disposal is sublime but again, he isn’t fit.

Youth is showing plenty. It’s everyone else in the team (and all of those that are missing) that are the problems.

We sorely miss Docherty as a general down back, we miss some of the toughness and long kicking that Williamson brings, Cunningham’s speed, A. Silvagnis mongrel and leadership, Kreuzer hasn’t been fit once this year and was almost AA last year, another main stay down back is gone in Plowman, Casboult playing when he shouldn’t be.

We all knew this year would be tough. That our midfield was under developed. To then have our whole defence obliterated by injuries and everyone else on the list spending time in rehab has made it a very tough year. Bolts has kept the club United and motivated. Think that is worth a s**t ton at the current time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hawks had their structure down to perfection. Players would look up and there was no easy option for the kick so a lot of the younger kids woild panic and then sell others into trouble etc.

Think as far as your assessment of youngsters go you are being harsh on....Charlie Curnow, Fisher, Dow, Polson, Harry (still a baby giraffe out there) etc.

Not sure if mentioned but Howe got 2 weeks for hit on Cripps. Straight to tribunal for tripping Fisher...hopefully season over for the flog.
Good s**t..
Hawk board has been telling everyone it wasn't Howe's fault lmao that Fish accidentally tripped . And 1 week for his coward punch..

Flog of the highest order that one..

The single biggest issue we have isn't injury or waiting for youth to development - because those will, naturally, get better with time.

It's the how and why we can't defend the ground. We are consistently the easiest team in the competition to transition the ball and score against; and this is playing a relatively deep lying zone.

Whilst Plowman, Docherty and a core back six playing alongside one another each and every week would absolutely help continuity, what are we doing day-to-day, week-to-week on the track between absolute floggings to train a system of defence that at least *looks* organised? Sure, the replacement players aren't going to be of the quality of Docherty, but they should be far more aware of the plan than they seem to be.

It doesn't take talent to know where to stand when they have the ball, where to run when we have it etc etc

Hawks had their structure down to perfection. Players would look up and there was no easy option for the kick so a lot of the younger kids woild panic and then sell others into trouble etc.

Think as far as your assessment of youngsters go you are being harsh on....Charlie Curnow, Fisher, Dow, Polson, Harry (still a baby giraffe out there) etc.
there was a fair bit of handballing to a stationery player or someone hot - the handpassing to the feet of a player has improved a little thank god - we still have to reach down to accept too many though

I have a different view on Howe's actions - he was playing under instruction to go hard and did on the bloke he was given the task to tag. Howe will cop a week for an intentional but low impact punch and the trip will be declared to be accidental high impact and ignored. Clarkson will put him as a team player of the week and he will be well on his way to becoming another 'good bloke' at Hawthorn.

Whoever is in charge of mongrel at Carlton is clueless.
No, there is mongrel and then there is thuggery a-la Howes actions.
I hope no Blues player stoops to his actions.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back