Tom Lynch - itshappening.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spot on bro I’m not sure what part of “free” Slobbo doesn’t get. You can’t have this system in place with restrictions. It’s choice for players that have given 8 plus years to a club.

Dumb arse would be up in arms if he wanted to leave Foxtel or HS and he his choice was to go work for the Bendigo Advertiser or Ch 31
There is a problem with your example, neither the Bendigo Advertiser or Ch 31 would take him.

Just quietly how good is the leadership at tigerland

Gale and Peggy then balmey and dimma

Cotch/rance/jack captain in waiting vlas

Astbury another good leader/Prestia vice captain at suns soon to be lynch captain of the suns

Then we have graham and Coleman jones who were south Australian skippers
100% its no coincidence that these past eight years have been more stable and successful than the previous three decades on and off the ground

Slobbo slurring and scapegoating Buckley’s comments and shifting blame from what I could tell from his live liver chirossis exam on WTF360. I can smell the UDLs and chicken Twisties through my Sony Bravia.
Pissed my self laughing over this! lol

I love the NBA and EPL comparisons
Lebron James, unarguably the best player in the game, went to a team that didn’t even make the playoffs
Prior to that he moved twice as a FA - from the cavs (best record in the league in his last year) to the heat (5th in the east), then back from the heat (runners up in his last year) to the cavs (missed playoffs).
Every time he’s gone to a shitter team.
The , the EPL have those great things called the salary cap and draft that we don’t and that means they aciheive great equality.
Slobbo seriously has no idea. There is no limit on NFL teams signing any free agents they have a system similar to the AFL with restricted and non restricted free agents with a shorter time frame to become free agents. Maybe he would be an advocate of the franchise tag for Tom to be forced to stay on the GC even though I'm sure he would have no idea what that even is. And I'm 100% certain the intricacies of the NBA soft salary cap would be way over Robbo's head such as the Bird Rule, Luxury Tax etc etc. How he has a job as the chief football writer and on television is incredulous. He should be seated alongside that nuffie in the Essendon cheer squad with the red black and damn proud banner and starting that We are Essendon rubbish chant

L
My source is the entire AFL media suddenly losing their s**t over Tom Lynch’s potential move when they’ve known about it for months.
Should hopefully get Joel Bowden and Dan Jackson back to the club one day too. Both very much in the Gale mold I’ve heard
When benny gale takes over from GILL
dan and joel hopefully come on board

Slobbo logic 6 weeks ago:

Herald Sun’s chief football journalist Mark Robinson has backed out-of-contract Sun Tom Lynch to end up at Collingwood in 2019.

It comes after Pies coach Nathan Buckley’s recently said Lynch should sign wherever he wishes and not be persuaded by the AFL.

“A guy told me he was going to Collingwood,” Robinson told AFL 360 Extra.

“I found it really intriguing Nathan Buckley’s reaction to Paul Roos’ comments this week.

“No other coach has spoken out about what Paul Roos said.

“Paul Roos said that the AFL should get involved and not let Tom Lynch leave the Gold Coast, which was odd anyway because Roosy doesn’t like the AFL getting involved in anything, but he is probably looking after Stuey Dew because he is his mate.

OK Slobbo - so you didn't have issue 6 weeks later it's changed. What's changed? Your medication Slobbo?

You try and pot Dimma for an innocent comment 4 years ago but we only need to go back 6 weeks for you Slobbo. You're a disgrace to the human species.

Slobbo seriously has no idea. There is no limit on NFL teams signing any free agents they have a system similar to the AFL with restricted and non restricted free agents with a shorter time frame to become free agents. Maybe he would be an advocate of the franchise tag for Tom to be forced to stay on the GC even though I'm sure he would have no idea what that even is. And I'm 100% certain the intricacies of the NBA soft salary cap would be way over Robbo's head such as the Bird Rule, Luxury Tax etc etc. How he has a job as the chief football writer and on television is incredulous. He should be seated alongside that nuffie in the Essendon cheer squad with the red black and damn proud banner and starting that We are Essendon rubbish chant

Not to mention the Golden State Warriors example isn’t pertinent because timing was huge. Had Klay Thompson and Draymond Green locked into long term deals at the market price BEFORE the new CBA came into effect. The jump was 24 million because owners and NBAPA couldn’t agree with a cap smoothing solution. Which was (after they moved Andrew Bogut and Harrison Barnes) enough to sign a max player. Potentially lose Kevin Durant and Klay Thompson next season and if not, Draymond Green the year after.

Timing for Warriors is everything. They also drafted Curry, Green and Thompson’s at picks that weren’t top 5, and traded their best player (Monta Ellis) for Bogut then after a few season flipped him and Harrison Barnes (whom they drafted after top 5) for KD.

Then Houston example. Which is one season. They also just lost two of their most important players in Trevor Ariza and Luc Richard Mbah a Moute.

So no Robbo. It is not a valid comparison.

Not to mention the Golden State Warriors example isn’t pertinent because timing was huge. Had Klay Thompson and Draymond Green locked into long term deals at the market price BEFORE the new CBA came into effect. The jump was 24 million because owners and NBAPA couldn’t agree with a cap smoothing solution. Which was (after they moved Andrew Bogut and Harrison Barnes) enough to sign a max player. Potentially lose Kevin Durant and Klay Thompson next season and if not, Draymond Green the year after.

Timing for Warriors is everything. They also drafted Curry, Green and Thompson’s at picks that weren’t top 5, and traded their best player (Monta Ellis) for Bogut then after a few season flipped him and Harrison Barnes (whom they drafted after top 5) for KD.

Then Houston example. Which is one season. They also just lost two of their most important players in Trevor Ariza and Luc Richard Mbah a Moute.

I also find the comparison of Durant and Lynch ridiculous.
Lynch is at a basket case that likely will remain a basket case the rest of his career, he wants to move home and get some success.
Durant was at a very good team that lost to the Warriors in the conference finals in a 7 game series after being up 3-1, instead of coming back and trying to make up for it the next year he joined the team that he was beaten by, not even remotely similar scenarios.

To be fair to Robbo I barely understand bird rights, supermaxes, luxury tax, soft cap. I do know GSW will be paying a hell of lot of tax next year. But I think their are like 4 teams under the cap right now

KD is the only one who’ll leave IMO. The other 3 will be warriors for the majority of their careers/primes

I also find the comparison of Durant and Lynch ridiculous.
Lynch is at a basket case that likely will remain a basket case the rest of his career, he wants to move home and get some success.
Durant was at a very good team that lost to the Warriors in the conference finals in a 7 game series after being up 3-1, instead of coming back and trying to make up for it the next year he joined the team that he was beaten by, not even remotely similar scenarios.

Great point. The reality is there are no comparisons.

We also haven’t even pointed to the clear naïveté. As Tiger71 could probably verify, we registered our interest with Lynch’s management last season. As Collingwood has done with Stephen May according to rumours.

The reality is that these things take long periods of time to work out, both for players and clubs. If North got Dusty and/ or Kelly last season, they wouldn’t be in for Gaff or Polec this season. I find it hard to believe that lolnorf didn’t have a plan in place should neither sign on.

Thus, this time last year we weren’t a premiership team. That was still the Doggies, and look what has happened in 18 months for them. Surely you can’t suggest that if they shouldn’t be able to sign a quality FA because you won a premiership? Nothing is guaranteed. Last team to do it was Sydney with Buddy. Zero premierships won since.

There’s no comparison.

To be fair to Robbo I barely understand bird rights, supermaxes, luxury tax, soft cap. I do know GSW will be paying a hell of lot of tax next year. But I think their are like 4 teams under the cap right now

KD is the only one who’ll leave IMO. The other 3 will be warriors for the majority of their careers/primes

With the risk of getting far to off topic, don’t forget that Lakers will have cap space next season, Thompson’s old man is a Laker legend and still works for the Lakers...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We also haven’t even pointed to the clear naïveté. As Tiger71 could probably verify, we registered our interest with Lynch’s management last season. As Collingwood has done with Stephen May according to rumours.

The reality is that these things take long periods of time to work out, both for players and clubs. If North got Dusty and/ or Kelly last season, they wouldn’t be in for Gaff or Polec this season. I find it hard to believe that lolnorf didn’t have a plan in place should neither sign on.

Thus, this time last year we weren’t a premiership team. That was still the Doggies, and look what has happened in 18 months for them. Surely you can’t suggest that if they shouldn’t be able to sign a quality FA because you won a premiership? Nothing is guaranteed. Last team to do it was Sydney with Buddy. Zero premierships won since.

There’s no comparison.

We have been working on lynch the last 24 months not just 12

With the risk of getting far to off topic, don’t forget that Lakers will have cap space next season, Thompson’s old man is a Laker legend and still works for the Lakers...

Doesn’t his brother play baseball for the Giants? Or maybe it’s the dodgers?

Still don’t think he leaves, he said recently he plans on being a warrior for life and they he’d take a discount to keep them together.

There’s no comparison.
Not buddy. Lol Tippett. Lol. Who was the biggest FA available at the time. I still believe the Tippett contract screwed Sydney. Buddy worth every penny in Comparison and They Wouldn't have lost the players if they didnt have both buddy and tippett.
Hawthorn were premiers when buddy left.

Not buddy. Lol Tippett. Lol. Who was the biggest FA available at the time. I still believe the Tippett contract screwed Sydney. Buddy worth every penny in Comparison and They Wouldn't have lost the players if they didnt have both buddy and tippett.
Hawthorn were premiers when buddy left.

Yep you’re right. My point still valid though I feel lol.

Not sure if that's a rule

But it hasn't stopped the same 3 or 4 teams domination for the last decade.

He just made it up there is no restrictions. Pats played in the superbowl this season and signed 7 blokes in free agency.
So many people change teams in the NFL if you blocked teams from participation in free agency it would decimate them

Yep you’re right. My point still valid though I feel lol.
Yep. Its a double edged sword. No guarantee if ultimate success. Gain a big name lose some lesser names.
Altho the tippett trade wa such an "un Sydney" move. I couldn't believe they did it. Maybe Still drunk after the flag i think.

There needs to be cap restrictions for teams that win fewer than 5 games. Make it harder on clubs that do what Carlton do, which is delist and trade away a whole starting lineup for magic beans at the draft.

What’s forgotten about in US draft sports is that it’s expected that you try to win and recruit and trade appropriately for the future but also the coming season. They’d laugh a team like Carton right out of the league.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't say I do nothing for you campaigners. Just transcribed Robbo's rant, word for word, from Tuesday night.:

Gerard: The battle for Tom Lynch is intense:

Robbo: That's real. That's been real for ages. That's been real for 12 months. This Free Agency, Gerard, I write about it occassionally, I find it staggering that the best team in the competition and now the third best team in the competition Collingwood, and the best team Richmond are two of the front runners For Tom Lynch.

Tom Lynch is the hottest free agent out there and when the AFL Players Association demanded Free Agency, and the AFL agreed, SURELY THEY WEREN'T THINKING THAT THE BEST FREE AGENT IN THE GAME WILL GO TO THE BEST TEAM IN THE GAME. That is not right. We are in real danger, Gerard, of creating what is happening in the NBA now, which is just a disgrace. All of the- A lot of the good players are going to the Warriors, the Rockets are just signing Carmelo Anthony. We are putting together this two-tiered system and you do know that Tony Cochrane has spoken this afternoon or earlier tonight, reported by Fairfax how he is disgusted in Free Agency. I'm not disgusted in it, I'm just mesmerised by- Surely, the Players Association didn't think this is right.

Back to the question, IT is INTENSE because he is a really good footballer, and he can help your football team get better. But why can't he go to the Dogs? Why can't he go to Essendon? Why can't he go to Carlton? He's not. HE'S GOING TO THE BEST TEAM IN THE COMPETITION. THAT IS NOT FREE AGENCY IN THE AFL.

Gerard: It will be an interesting moment in the sport if the Tigers go back to back and Lynch does go there as a Free Agent.

Robbo: Interesting, and I suspect the AFL, Gillon McLachlan will come out and say "Well, they're the rules." Well, I think, and I was only made aware of this this week and I know we have gotta move on, I was only made aware of it this week that, in the NFL, there's a top group of teams that can't, that are not allowed to take Free Agents. If this is going to continue, WE MUST BAN the top groups of teams, 2, 4, 6, whatever it is, from getting free agents, because we will have a lopsided competition, just like the rubbish that goes on in the Premier League.
When FA came in what did he think was going to happen?

They can all get stuffed ! When we were near the bottom all the expansion clubs got all the good picks , instead of getting pick 2 ending up with 6 etc, we get our act together & win a flag & now it's unfair that we might land a big recruit from one of the clubs we had to suffer for ?

What a joke

They can all get stuffed ! When we were near the bottom all the expansion clubs got all the good picks , instead of getting pick 2 ending up with 6 etc, we get our act together & win a flag & now it's unfair that we might land a big recruit from one of the clubs we had to suffer for ?

What a joke

Well said sir :thumbsu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back