MRP / Trib. Lynch To Tribunal

Remove this Banner Ad

Just arrived at punt road today with the Name : Tom Lynch
specially ordered in yellow & black

images

Here is the Tribunal Guidelines regarding high bumps

1. Rough Conduct (High Bumps) The AFL Regulations provide that a Player will be guilty of Rough Conduct where in the bumping of an opponent (whether reasonably or unreasonably) the Player causes forceful contact to be made with any part of his body to an opponent’s head or neck. Unless Intentional, such conduct will be deemed to be Careless, unless: » The Player was contesting the ball and it was reasonable for the Player to contest the ball in that way; or » The forceful contact to the opponent’s head or neck was caused by circumstances outside the control of the Player which could not be reasonably foreseen. In the interests of Player safety, the purpose of the rule dealing with high bumps is to reduce, as far as practicable, the risk of head injuries to Players and this purpose needs to be kept firmly in mind by all Players and will guide the application of the rule. Any high bump which constitutes Rough Conduct that has the potential to cause injury will usually be graded at a minimum as Medium Impact, even though the extent of the actual physical impact may be low. For the purpose of these Guidelines, head clashes that result when a Player has elected to bump are circumstances that can reasonably be foreseen. Players will ordinarily be liable if they elect to bump if not contesting the ball.

I've highlighted the 2 areas which directly impact the Lynch/Keath incident and also why it doesn't apply to O'Meara/Witherden incident.

The MRO will argue that Lynch tucking himself up constitutes a bumping action which then brings into effect the first highlighted part. Was it reasonable for Lynch to contest the footy, by making contact with Keath? The answer unfortunately is no and the only other out is if they can show that Jones made contact with Lynch that forced him into Keath. If the MRO doesn't believe that Lynch was legitimately contesting the footy then the 'decision to bump' (self preservation mode of tucking) unfortunately kicks in.

With the O'Meara/Witherden incident, both players were contesting the ball and while some will argue Witherden had no right to act like he did, it is still a reasonable attempt by him to contest the ball, even more so with O'Meara as he was leading towards the ball and had leapt to attempt the mark and it was only when he knew he was going to collide with Witherden that he stopped the action of attempting the mark.
Not gonna read through pages and pages of stuff but turns out I was found right after all and it was a BRACE and not a BUMP. Finally a right outcome.

Could this be the start of a miraculously turnaround by the AFL where we finally get sucked off by umps and media?

Or are we gonna get ****** so hard by the umps on friday that Dimma finally loses it in the presser and goes on a rampage that leaves no-one standing.
Don’t get sucked in by this… they would have given him 6 weeks if he wasn’t missing twelve through injury.

Can’t wait until Thursday night teams when dimma reveals the master plan and picks Lynch.

Would be a better twist than any M Night-shamalan movie.

Not gonna read through pages and pages of stuff but turns out I was found right after all and it was a BRACE and not a BUMP. Finally a right outcome.
I wasn't necessarily saying it was a bump, but was more explaining what the MRO was using as their reasons for sending it to the tribunal.

He should’ve continued going for the mark. As you said Lynch should have done. It’s all academic … tribunal agreed with all of us and disagreed with yours and Christian’s assessment of the incident. Sanity fortunately prevails.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
My opinion of the incident was that Lynch should have been cleared, my posts were explaining the reasoning behind the incident being sent to the tribunal.

As for your assessment that O'Meara should have continued to contest the mark, well sometimes it's better to keep your opinions to yourself than expose them for being foolish.

Has SEN blown up this morning? I’m in Brisbane so don’t get it and be ****ed if I’m downloading the app giving fatmedia more money

Remember it very clearly. Said it was “a football action, and clearly no case to answer”. What struck me was how quickly he just dismissed it and moved on. There was no discussion at all - Robbo queried it - but he basically shut it down immediately and dismissively moved on like the wise elder he thinks he is. This was the same year he'd defended Gaz Jnr three weeks in a row for high hits (and he was upset when he finally got suspended). His partisanship clearly clouds his judgement - and his blithe acceptance of the Stewart sanction confirms that.

I can't watch him anymore.
Yes, he is a weasel faced c. I can’t bare watching cause I’m constantly fighting the urge to tap him or the tv…

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Probably been posted already but common sense prevailed at the tribunal, from the AFL website.

"Lynch is also available for Richmond after his rough conduct charge against Alex Keath was dropped."

So to all the haters posting ridiculous stuff on social media, up yours! :D

Probably been posted already but common sense prevailed at the tribunal, from the AFL website.

"Lynch is also available for Richmond after his rough conduct charge against Alex Keath was dropped."

So to all the haters posting ridiculous stuff on social media, up yours! :D
A bit of a smart arse boy’s club troll there saying he’s available to play when injured.

I wasn't necessarily saying it was a bump
You were
My opinion of the incident was that Lynch should have been cleared
It wasn't

But glad it's all sorted. Totally felt like I was taking crazy pills with people trying to justify why the tribunial even had to look at it. It was not a bump, it was protection. All these slow mo cuts made it look like he had time to decide, just hilarious.

Remember it very clearly. Said it was “a football action, and clearly no case to answer”. What struck me was how quickly he just dismissed it and moved on. There was no discussion at all - Robbo queried it - but he basically shut it down immediately and dismissively moved on like the wise elder he thinks he is. This was the same year he'd defended Gaz Jnr three weeks in a row for high hits (and he was upset when he finally got suspended). His partisanship clearly clouds his judgement - and his blithe acceptance of the Stewart sanction confirms that.

I can't watch him anymore.
This sage only played in the back yard with a nerf football

Might call Whankley's show tomorrow and ask him how he likes to eat his bag of dicks
I would but my mobile number is blocked by sen

Could this be the start of a miraculously turnaround by the AFL where we finally get sucked off by umps and media?

Or are we gonna get ****** so hard by the umps on friday that Dimma finally loses it in the presser and goes on a rampage that leaves no-one standing.
Nah they will DP us with no lube

Remove this Banner Ad

Back