MRP / Trib. Nankervis Straight To Tribunal

Remove this Banner Ad

He didn’t snipe him
Jim Henson Netflix GIF by The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance
Good likeness

Can someone explain this to me (from the AFL website):

"The AFL argued for a four-game suspension, saying Richmond was put on notice regarding high contact earlier in the season when Nathan Broad was given four matches for a sling tackle"

First of all - a sling tackle is not high contact.
Second - was Richmond warned 'Any more shenanigans and we will come down harder on the club'? Maybe that's why Mansell got 3 for a football action.
Third - was only Richmond 'put on notice'? So other clubs got a freebie, and were only 'put on notice' after one of their players did something wrong?

I've never heard of a tribunal or the governing body warning a club, for the action of one of their players.

Bizarre.

"The AFL argued for a four-game suspension, saying Richmond was put on notice regarding high contact earlier in the season when Nathan Broad was given four matches for a sling tackle"

Second - was Richmond warned 'Any more shenanigans and we will come down harder on the club'? Maybe that's why Mansell got 3 for a football action.
Third - was only Richmond 'put on notice'? So other clubs got a freebie, and were only 'put on notice' after one of their players did something wrong?

I've never heard of a tribunal or the governing body warning a club, for the action of one of their players.

Bizarre.

Even the tribunal and MRO have it in for us. They as you pointed out are two different incidents. Just shows how much of a farce they are.

Bizarre.
Wtf? Richmond was put on notice? That's bizarre. I get it if Broad was put on notice, but Nankervis' actions have nothing to do with Broad's actions.

Strange.

Bizarre.

I suspect by "Richmond was put on notice" she meant merely that the club - or all the players at the club, should have been given pause for thought after the Broad suspension. It was a red herring bit of nonsense she threw in to give the impression of making an argument. There was no real argument to be had for 4 weeks because the incident was too similar in nature to the Degoey incident, which had received a 3 week ban, only 5 weeks earlier. This incident had clearly been played and referred to by Richmond in the Nankervis defence, as some reports had the AFL advocate desperately trying to distinguish between the two incidents.

Basically, if Nankervis got a greater or lesser penalty than Degoey it would have been laughable, and really the AFL should have some mechanism for handing the player an instant 3 week penalty in this type of case(where the case is so similar to a recent precedent the tribunal has ruled on.)

I expected 4, but 3 a about right.

Nank really shouldn't have followed through like that - stupid and dangerous.

He does that sort of thing a lot, gives away frees and now a suspension. Love him but one little change and he'd be better.

Bizarre.

That is absolutely obscene!
Imagine if we were to now judge prisoners individual crimes differently because 'his mates' were convicted in unrelated incidents?

'Put on notice'?! The AFL is f*rrrrrrrked!

Bizarre.
Actually high contact is exactly what Broad was charged with.......Careless conduct, severe impact, high contact.

That is absolutely obscene!
Imagine if we were to now judge prisoners individual crimes differently because 'his mates' were convicted in unrelated incidents?

'Put on notice'?! The AFL is f*rrrrrrrked!
Realistically we have been on notice since the incident on the Gold Coast off field. AFL have hated us more so from that and impacts every area from umpiring to the tribunal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Realistically we have been on notice since the incident on the Gold Coast off field. AFL have hated us more so from that and impacts every area from umpiring to the tribunal.
What exactly happened @ GC ? Does anyone actually know? Is it kept with Lynch’s goal video ?

Bizarre.
The AFL arguer sounds like a grade 5 teacher who has lost the plot at the boys in the playground.

I suspect by "Richmond was put on notice" she meant merely that the club - or all the players at the club, should have been given pause for thought after the Broad suspension. It was a red herring bit of nonsense she threw in to give the impression of making an argument. There was no real argument to be had for 4 weeks because the incident was too similar in nature to the Degoey incident, which had received a 3 week ban, only 5 weeks earlier. This incident had clearly been played and referred to by Richmond in the Nankervis defence, as some reports had the AFL advocate desperately trying to distinguish between the two incidents.

Basically, if Nankervis got a greater or lesser penalty than Degoey it would have been laughable, and really the AFL should have some mechanism for handing the player an instant 3 week penalty in this type of case(where the case is so similar to a recent precedent the tribunal has ruled on.)
Why did it even need to go to the tribunal? The clear precedent was De Gropey's bump, how hard is it for Michael Christian to just give Nank 3 weeks and be done with it, let us challenge if we had wanted to rather than wasting time.

Michael Christian seriously has the easiest job in the world. Probably gets paid a shitload to not do much and any somewhat difficult decisions he just passes on to the tribunal.

Bizarre.
Very bizarre. If the club had a constant record of high contact maybe yes. But putting the club on notice because of one incident is a worry, and have all other clubs with one incident been put on notice? I.e. pies with DeGoey's bump?

3 weeks is a fair result. Was worried we wouldn’t get him back for the dogs game which is a season defining game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back