Hot Topic The Pres, CEO & the Board

Remove this Banner Ad

I like what's happening. Club has reviewed and restructured key positions and added more over the past 2-3 years. Not rushed but decisive and handled professionally.

Personally I have been impressed and still believe club is very much heading in the right direction. On and off the field things are looking up and there is genuine hope for the future

Go Blues!

Terry Wallace said great appointment. Class bloke, hard worker etc. Coached him at Bulldogs (reserves)
So what your telling us is we're Doomed! :) TW possibly worst judge of talent in the history of the AFL. I do admire him for being so s**t at something but still getting a high paid gig from it :D

So, like our CEO, we have another inexperienced professional in a key position at our club. Another player that will be thankful to MLG for giving him his big break in football.

Lloyd comes with neither the experience of being a Football GM, or IP from a successful high performance environment.

Anybody was an upgrade on Andy McKay, but can anybody actually see this Lloyd being the agent for change that we needed in this position?

The optics on this are terrible. Were all the experienced candidates we went to not available, or unwilling to come to Carlton?
He's been at Freo since 2008, was a part of their climb up the ladder and where they nearly got a flag or two. Now they're rebuilding well and looking good for the future with a reasonably exciting list. How is that not a high performance environment...

So, like our CEO, we have another inexperienced professional in a key position at our club. Another player that will be thankful to MLG for giving him his big break in football.

Lloyd comes with neither the experience of being a Football GM, or IP from a successful high performance environment.

Anybody was an upgrade on Andy McKay, but can anybody actually see this Lloyd being the agent for change that we needed in this position?

The optics on this are terrible. Were all the experienced candidates we went to not available, or unwilling to come to Carlton?
**** me do you ever stop whining? how is he meant to get experience as head of football if no one is willing to give him a go? we might've unearthed a gem for all we know

Do Chips Ahoy still exist ?
Surely a packet for the monster will cheer him up.

imported_9300650859227.jpg

Incorrect, I'd be happy if we actually employed somebody with runs on the board of being a Football GM, in a successful environment. Lloyd meets neither of those two criteria.

Do you want the messiah appointment CM?

Whilst he hasn't been in that role previously he does have a very solid grounding. 7-8 years as a player agent and then list manger. He should intimately understand the current workings of afl so IMO no issue that it will be his first gig as a Footy GM. I think it helps that he is not from Carlton and should have the capacity to intelligently analyse the performance of our list build.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do you want the messiah appointment CM?

Whilst he hasn't been in that role previously he does have a very solid grounding. 7-8 years as a player agent and then list manger. He should intimately understand the current workings of afl so IMO no issue that it will be his first gig as a Footy GM. I think it helps that he is not from Carlton and should have the capacity to intelligently analyse the performance of our list build.
So he has plenty of experience with list and player management. Great; we already have a GM of List Management and Strategy though...

Where has he earned the experience of managing a coaching panel? One as inexperienced as ours requires an experienced head sitting above them for guidance. I just don't think we're getting that here.

It would be great to see what he presented to the club as a mandate and operating ethos during interviews.

Obviously we can't get that detail, maybe at the AGM we will get some insight into this.

So he has plenty of experience with list and player management. Great; we already have a GM of List Management and Strategy though...

Where has he earned the experience of managing a coaching panel? One as inexperienced as ours requires an experienced head sitting above them for guidance. I just don't think we're getting that here.

Maybe reserve judgment until coaching appointments are announced?

No one can or should complain when a thorough process has been put in place, will we get every decision right? No ******* way, but it will be an informed decision instead of somebody else’s opinion

Not that tossers brother is it? And when does a list manager qualify as head of football?

Well.....be thankful we’ve moved on from thinking neutering dogs and cats was a good pointer to a footy managers gig

Be thankful also a thorough process was carried out in determining who filled the gig.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back