2023 (Tenacious) Annual Carlton Board Phantom Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Yawn! Is that Harley Reid kid still available? Goes ok.

Port Adelaide - Pick 75

Luca Slade (Sturt)

Midfielder | 181cm | 72kg | 11/03/2005

Stats (SANFL U18 Grand Final 2023):
26 disposals, 6 marks, 1 goal

Slade led all comers on Sunday and was an integral part of Sturt’s push for an upset victory, pushing until the very last kick of the day – which he goaled with. The robust top-aged midfielder was made to rush by hand in the hot early exchanges, but adjusted nicely to drive his legs and penetrate the lines by foot. With the game up for grabs in term four, he showed good intent to snatch ground and take the game on where possible.

I do like players who stand up in grannies.

Port Adelaide - Pick 76

Vigo Visentini (Sandringham)​

Height: 204cm
Weight: 99kg
D.O.B: 05-09-2005
Leagues: AFL U18 Championships, Coates Talent League Boys

SNAPSHOT: “A former state volleyball representative, Vigo Visentini showed continued improvement as the season went on and ended the year as one of the most in-form rucks in the draft pool.”

With the luxury of rucking to an elite, premiership midfield in the Coates Talent League this season, Vigo Visentini is a player who started the year a little slowly, but came home with a wet sail after the National Championships to push himself as a genuine National Draft possibility.
The brother of Port Adelaide’s Dante, Vigo shares a few of the same traits as his brother – namely his aggression and physicality in the ruck contest. He mixed his time between Sandringham Dragons, Xavier College and Vic Metro in 2023, rucking in each side with stints up forward.

Port Adelaide Pick 77​

Patrick Weckert (Eagles)​

South Australia

TALL FORWARD

Height: 191cm

Weight: 93kg

D.O.B: 23-01-2005

Leagues: AFL U18 Championships

STRENGTHS:

• Contested marking
  • Scoreboard impact
  • Set shot goalkicking
  • Strength

IMPROVEMENTS:

• Speed
  • Upside

Patrick Weckert was highly touted coming into 2023 off the back of an incredible debut at Reserves level in 2022. In the match against North Adelaide, the schoolboy kicked 8.1 from 10 kicks. That held him in good stead for this season, though he did not quite hit the same heights. Weckert turned out thrice in the top flight for a combined eight disposals, three marks and one goal, before running out the remainder of his season in the Under 18s and Reserves.

Still, his aerial ability - 5.6 per game and more than one contested mark per game - was his go-to weapon. That, along with his set shot goalkicking proved influential, and he earned a place in the South Australian Under 18 team. A readymade third tall of sorts, it will be a case of whether or not Weckert can improve beyond the more traditional forward role of mark and goal given his size. He is more of a rookie prospect now, but could be a player teams take a punt on.

And that's it for another year. Thanks TENACIOUS for organising, great job. Thanks list managers for an absorbing and enlightening few days.

Last edited:

Missing Wil Dawson from Weagles list above.

Well done again Tenacious :thumbsu:

When you look at each teams' selections with the picks they had, I can't see any club that would be disappointed with their haul. The clubs with the highest picks always select the 'guns', but personally I prefer to see the value for money lower picks to find the 'winners' in the draft from a club perspective.

I reckon bradfisher14 did a great job with the Lions who only came in the 2nd round, but walked out with Arie Schoenmaker, Billy Wilson and Aiden O'Driscoll. Similar with Bletch with WCE - who got Harley Reid with pick 1, but managed to also jag Lance Collard and Luke Lloyd with 2nd round picks.

Freo only coming in mid way through the 2nd round, but ending up with Jack Delean, Clay Hall and Tarkyn O'Leary was an absolute coup for ferrisb - despite getting gazumped at the post with each of his picks.

And personally, I really liked the Tigg's picks of Koen Sanchez, Logan Morris and Nathan Philactides with a couple of 2nds and a 4th round pick.

It really does demonstrate though that there's some genuine value all through the draft - and I trust that Voss, Austin and his crew will be all over it on draft night.

Thanks for organising TENACIOUS - as we all know everyone is a winner for participating

So Excited Reaction GIF

As for CFC I’m happy to keep our picks at #22 & #28 - I’m sure we’ll get two good players

Pick #22
Dream - Tholstrup
Happy with CEdwards

Pick #28
Lual
Moir
Simpson

Stop copying my picks Mitch..
Interesting pool that we’re after…
Selected Lual again as per another mock.
“After selecting a ruckman in Mitch Edwards with the last pick of the first round in our first edition Mock Draft, the Blues look elsewhere given neither the Western Australian nor Will Green are available at Pick 28.

Lual would only better his line-breaking skills under the tutelage of Adam Saad at Princes Park, with the Talent League Team of the Year representative to be joined by the likes of Arie Schoenmaker or Tew Jiath in potentially being in the Blues' sights”.

HUGE thanks to TENACIOUS.

Everything ran so smoothly, except for some muppet that held things up twice.... :p

Love all the links in the 1st and 2nd posts, where you could so easily jump to the relevant picks.

The club x round matrix here was an especially nice touch. Showed how scary North's draft hand is.

Just one more suggestion, next year's thread should be called 2024 Tenacious (Phantom) D(draft) and the Picks of Destiny ;)

HUGE thanks to TENACIOUS.

Everything ran so smoothly, except for some muppet that held things up twice.... :p

Love all the links in the 1st and 2nd posts, where you could so easily jump to the relevant picks.

The club x round matrix here was an especially nice touch. Showed how scary North's draft hand is.

Just one more suggestion, next year's thread should be called 2024 Tenacious (Phantom) D(draft) and the Picks of Destiny ;)
Maybe next year we could do it over 2 nights or have a reverse top 10 like draft night.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back