Aug 26, 2004
CHANEL BOUTIQUE!
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
"Goddess"
All you need to know about Finals can be found in here:-

*MOD NOTICE:- RESALE OF FINALS TICKETS

Finals tickets may be resold at face value plus reasonable costs being no more than the generally legal limit of 10%

*Please be aware that giving someone your Membership barcode means that person can access tickets to future finals matches using your barcode without your permission.

Finals-Hub-Header.jpg

:carlton: The 'Baggers are back in finals and it's time to get on board and be stronger together.
Stay up to date with all the information you need to ensure you get access to tickets, events, merchandise and more. :carlton:

seating-map-png.1788693

2023-finals-ticket-prices

*UPDATE FOR GRAND FINAL BALLOT SHOULD CARLTON QUALIFY:-

BALLOT EMAIL WENT OUT TODAY 18TH SEPTEMBER.

The issue is not with Ticketek. Yes their platform does not perform well … but it has no impact on ticket allocations - they are just an easy target.

GF seat allocations is an AFL issue.

It’s absolutely appalling that the majority of standing room tickets for this weekend’s game have been allocated to the members of the competing clubs.

The AFL could easily fix this. And it can also allocate more seats to competing clubs.

The reason why the clubs are not publicly critical of the AFL is because they are all on the same gravy train.

The more money made on GF day … the greater funds available to distribute back to clubs.

The fewer seats available to competing club members, the more seats/packages are available for non-competing clubs to sell off for top dollar.

It’s an insidious model which the AFL should be taking responsibility for amending. Just don’t expect the clubs to be leading the charge to force that change.

I just don't get the breakdown.... I get there's corporate etc. But I'd love to see how they break it down so that the two competing clubs only get 17k seats... unbelievable.
If the AFL had its way, all seats would go to corporates, theatre-goers, tire-kickers, back-scratchers, "celebrities" and other assorted hangers on.....

I just don't get the breakdown.... I get there's corporate etc. But I'd love to see how they break it down so that the two competing clubs only get 17k seats... unbelievable.
Would guess it is something like
MCC 23K
AFL Members/Medalion Club 17K
Grand finalists 34K
Other teams 8K
Players/officials 2k
Corporate/Packages 15k

The reality is that with memberships doubling in 10year, members are going to struggle to get tickets. Clubs will need to start limiting the guaranteed ticket membership packages.

Had to laugh a Kelly saying Collingwood should get a bigger allocation than clubs with lower membership.

Grand Final allocation
100,024 maximum crowd…

Gil Mc Lachlan’s breakdown of the ticketing allocations on SEN Whateley this morning…

1. Club 1. 17,000
2. Club 2. 17,000
3. MCC. 16-26 % crowd allocation
4. AFL. 13-18 % crowd allocation
5. All AFL Clubs receive a ticket allocation
6. AFL Entitlements/Contractual obligations also take a share
7. AFL Sold Corporates 9 % only

Collingwood CEO Craig Kelly called on the AFL to improve on members tickets allocation from 17,000 to 20,000

But departing chief Gillon Mc Lachlan told Kelly there was no suitable options to for change…

Mc Lachlan also moved to defend the ticket allocation that sees club members make up just over a third of the crowd, by the breakdown of stats above…

MCC 23K
Grand finalists 34K
Other teams 8K
Players/officials 2k
Corporate/Packages 15k

The reality is that with memberships doubling in 10year, members are going to struggle to get tickets. Clubs will need to start limiting the guaranteed ticket membership packages.

Had to laugh a Kelly saying Collingwood should get a bigger allocation than clubs with lower membership.

Already happening at our Club for PI Members.

Captain's Club is capped at 15K (which I am lead to believe also includes LL & Carltonians 2/2 & 2/3 categories)

All above categories have been waitlisted for several years as are some other categories.

MCC 23K
Grand finalists 34K
Other teams 8K
Players/officials 2k
Corporate/Packages 15k

The numbers breakdown is in the article I linked, but it's as an image

MCC 23K
Grand finalists 34K
Other teams 8K
Players/officials 2k
Corporate/Packages 15k

This is already happening with guaranteed ticket memberships. A few years back Collingwood had more guaranteed members to tickets available. The ACCC or Consumer Affairs got involved and since then clubs have had to cap these membership types.
My hubby and daughter are P1 Collingwood members and did get tickets. While happy to get a seat they are fuming with their tickets. Basically top deck and row EE. Collingwood has said they will find tickets for those who missed out. They missed out because they chose to ignore the instructions from the club to tick the box to take a standing room ticket. Now these members could end up with better tickets than my family got.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The numbers breakdown is in the article I linked, but it's as an image
I was pretty close. Actual breakdown is
MCC 22.5K
AFL Members Club 15.5K
Medalion 3.5K
Grand finalists 34K
Competing teams 3K (not sure what that is. Would have thought it was the above)
Other teams 5K
Players 1k
Corporate Partners 1K
Corporate Packages 7.5k
AFL Contractual Obligations 7K (not sure how this would be different to Corporate Partners)

The 1956 renovations pushed the MCG capacity to 120,000.

Following the 1992 (Southern Stand), and 2005 (Northern/Members) renovations, the capacity is just on 100,000.

In the past 30 years since the Southern Stand was built, AFL club membership has increased every year (bar 2000). Total membership in 1992 has gone from 192,000 to 1.2m in 2023. And while a big chunk of that is interstate teams (with 4 new teams since 1992), even the Victorian clubs only have increased their membership by 600% or so.

Collingwood membership alone exceeds the capacity of the MCG.

Melbourne's population has increased from 3.1m to 5.2m in those 30 years.

The facts of the matter are that the MCG capacity hasn't kept pace with demand. And nor is it likely to - if it was feasible to build a 200,000 seat stadium, there would be issues with transport - would probably require dedicated train stations, and upgrades of the rail infrastructure etc.

There is planning going on to increase capacity to 115,000, but that's only a marginal improvement. It still wouldn't satisfy the demands for tickets this year, let alone if it was a Carlton v Pies GF (which probably would fill a 200,000 seat stadium).

Grand final tickets truly brings out the worst in some people. The same stories year after year. It resembles a fight to the death in a packed coliseum. Wait on, that’s the actual GF.

The last GF I attended was the 1999 GF. I was an AFL member with full entitlement in those days and the process of securing a ticket was much easier. Alas the problems of 2002 and I symbolically ‘burned’ this membership and went back to buying a membership through Carlton.

The wilderness years ensued but I always pondered my chances of ever getting a GF ticket and thought they diminished with each passing season. Then my son started punishing me to upgrade our tickets and to appease him I did it. Even though we were P1 I still thought ‘subject to competing’ and ‘subject to capacity’ would thwart any chance of a GF ticket.

And then we were so close that I could touch it. Even had the email from Ticketek confirming a ticket if Carlton beat Brisbane. So I would have been happy to get a ticket although a standing room ticket would make it impossible for me to attend the game. However I wouldn’t begrudge another Carlton member getting lucky with the ticket allocation. It’s the luck of the draw and I accepted that when I registered for the ballot.

As we weren't actually included in any GF ticket ballot are Ticketek refunding the fee/s?
Reply from Ticketek;

You would need to reach out to your club regarding the process for the ballot refund as the ballot was run by said (sic?) at the club's direction; Ticketek merely acts as the agent for venues and promoters and facilitates the sale of the ballot on their behalf.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back