Autopsy Positives and Negatives: Up the Bloody Coasters edition

Remove this Banner Ad

+ i didn't think we played good football for the majority of the match until the last quarter and still found a way to win, with a man down.

- Shep

hopefully we can hit our straps with the two most important games of the year left.

Will have to watch again without the nerves but boy was that a good game.

Yeo, Redden & Sheed really lifted. Really liked what they all brought to the table. Yeo was dynamic, Redden was classy, and Sheed bought composure when we were under a lot of pressure.

The last quarter was epic, to come back like that and kick on was excellent.

Duggan was probably my negative, thought he got beaten defensively far too much today, especially in the 2nd. Perhaps we didn’t get the shuffle right when Shep went down.

First finals for Ryan, Cole, Rioli, DV. All had their moments - although DV seemed to struggle with the step up in pace with ball in hand.

Sheptember just isn’t the same - so upset for Shep to see him go down. Hopefully he will be ok for preseason and it isnt a massive layoff.

Other negative was the commentary tonight, i would have preferred basil to Darcy.

Don't think we need Lycett against the Dees. He was terrible tonight, odds are anyway that Gawn will monster both our rucks so we should bring in another mid.
We aren’t changing our structures so late in the season (if we don’t have to).

This is finals footy and its how i determine good players. Actually pressure situations in general.

Negatives.
The people on here who back Masten the flour bag. What is his use if he cant play hard footy and stop turning it over.
And the idiots who wanted Sheed dropped considering he was being played out of position and id take him over Masten every day of the week. Hes not afraid and holds his cool. People again not following how good Venables forward defence is.
Shep going down.
Lecras has had it(retirement beckons)

Positives
JK got some touch. Hopefully can work more at training..
Schofield the unlucky one being called up.

INS Schofield
OUTS Shep.

This may sound like a big call but i think we need to drop Lecras.
Bring in Petruccelle put him on the wing/Half fwd. His pace could break open the game.

+these players believe in themselves, play as a team and just will not give up
+incredible game of football

-umpires. Get ****ed you useless ******* campaigners
-shep :(
-old bat in front of us that was literally putting her hands over her ears and scowling back at everyone yelling. Go home ffs and never come back

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watched the game with the boys and got home to have a read of bigfooty and facebook (a mistake, i know). Gobsmacked to see how many collingwood fans are salty about the umpiring; i thought they got a pretty decent run.

Free kick count was 23-23 so the umpiring was spot on, because the free kick count was even and that’s all that matters.

Except when it isn’t all that matters, it’s all about the ones they didn’t give, the time, the moment, the place on the ground, the context. Basically it’s a bunch of factors unless the Eagles win the count in which case it’s the count.

Having a sneaky look on the pies board, came across this beauty.

2 things I have been thinking about....

1. Was it raining before or during the game? If not, could it have been possible the groudsman wet the ground to give West Coast an advantage?

Yeh, cause we are awesome in the wet...
Hmm, perhaps a sneaky tactic we could use in the prelim....lol.

Rioli is a man possessed.

Tackled and chased like a Rioli all night. The good one.

All Riolis are good. Watchu talking bout

Having a sneaky look on the pies board, came across this beauty.

2 things I have been thinking about....

1. Was it raining before or during the game? If not, could it have been possible the groudsman wet the ground to give West Coast an advantage?

Yeh, cause we are awesome in the wet...
Hmm, perhaps a sneaky tactic we could use in the prelim....lol.
Bahahahahahahaha that's hilarious! Was raining before and during!

Free kick count was 23-23 so the umpiring was spot on, because the free kick count was even and that’s all that matters.

Except when it isn’t all that matters, it’s all about the ones they didn’t give, the time, the moment, the place on the ground, the context. Basically it’s a bunch of factors unless the Eagles win the count in which case it’s the count.
Umpires made less mistakes than the players tonight, lot of opportunities not put away by both sides. Great effort considering how hard-fought and contested the game was.

+ this team continues defy their critics, friend and foe.
Yeo has gone next level
Hurn was immense, missing his right hand man and held the line.
Sheed, found time to dispose efficiently without getting caught as per
Liam Ryan was good and if a couple of handballs had found him we would have got home easier.
The noise in the last 5 minutes was out of control and the boys surged on the back of it.
Jetts goal was huuuuge.
Thought the umps were ok, went our way in the first qtr and evened up after.

-Shep, I love Shep, so sad.
Duggans kicking
arseclowns on here doubting the boys.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back