Bluemour Discussion Thread XII - Facts Not Welcome (cont in pt 13)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Time for the club to show some strength, I'd actually full believe we're doing things right (not that I don't think we are) It'll just confirm my thoughts if we went out and got Shiel Setterfield and McGovern, Fasolo and then Walsh in the draft, it'd blow my mind if we did and get me so up, we need a huge off season, going along stale.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Sounds to me like we're just throwing out hail Mary's if what you say is correct.
I wouldn't have thought a so called professional sporting org would work like that
Surely months of planning goes into each potential acquisition?
Not, oh well we missed out on him, lets try him, him, him, and him.

Not hail Mary's it's very smart mirrors and smoke.

I'm hearing talk of AFL House granting special draft compensation for the Hawks for the loss of Rioli. Extraordinary circumstances or something like that. That coupled with their first should satisfy GWS.

So will we be getting the same Compo for the Irish AWOL? Extra extra extraordinary stuff eh?

I'm hearing talk of AFL House granting special draft compensation for the Hawks for the loss of Rioli. Extraordinary circumstances or something like that. That coupled with their first should satisfy GWS.

I find that very hard to believe.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jesus if Gerard’s looking for his mutiny, sorry Aph - MUTINY!!! - here it is.

Following the Motlop compensation last year, clubs would be on the warpath. I’d expect Liddle to be on the march to Docklands with his hand out as well, considering Byrne.

If that actually eventuates and the AFL do introduce starting positions, I will genuinely start to question my commitment to this sport.

Regardless of how Rioli left that club (much respect to him), if the AFL did something like that then fans will turn their back on the comp for some time.

Why not just give compensation to every club when a player retires then?

Last edited:
Regardless of how Rioli left that club (much respect to him), but if the AFL did something like that then fans will turn their back on the comp for some time.

Why not just give compensation to every club when a player retires then?
Yep.

Seems absolute bollocks...........................so probably true.

I'm not sure what's so extraordinary about a player retiring. I assume the same offer would be available to us as compensation for Byrne.

How the **** does Shiel get to Hawthorn when we supposedly have what we have to offer and they are not exactly winning Grand Finals at the moment.

The AFL seriously needs to bring in a team of forensic accountants over their.

Just absolutely had a gutful of this. Surely the AFL sees something is seriously wrong here. These pricks keep usurping other teams - this just happens, does it?

******* Dawks and their merchant banker and pollie buddies.

Hope they implode in '19.

Shits me that I have to travel on the same tram line as (many of) their self-entitled, checked-shirt-wearing, khaki-pantsed, cuff-linked, born-to-rule supporters.

/melt

Correct mate.

I'm Sick and tired of this shit it just seems that the clubs up the top just get whoever they want and magically can fit them all under the salary cap even after winning premierships.
I think a point system or something of the like needs to be introduced where the top clubs if willing to trade in a "big fish" get pushed up the draft/lose a player.
So e.g. Richmond have played in a flag in last 5 years, if they land Tom Lynch they are pushed to 2nd round of draft,
So then need to give something up to get back into first round not just the AFL hands compensation to GC.
Richmond have to give up lose player/draft position to lower club from bottom up etc and have to decide if Lynch is worth not being in first round.
Where as Carlton,GC,Brisbane etc can still get the fish but don't have to give anything up player/draft position wise as no finals for certain time.
I'm sick of the top clubs just getting all the good players for not giving up anything so stay up the top never bottom out.
Anyway just my vent on the whole free agency crap that has made it extremely hard for the bottom teams to become relevant again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back