Bluemour Discussion Thread XII - Facts Not Welcome (cont in pt 13)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What he say?
The other day bagged us re the jet and just before they were talking Dom Tyson, where he might end up and his options, he suggested Tyson was better playing in the demons VFL rather than at Carlton, always having a dig

But sps DOESN'T have a higher ceiling. Dow will be a top 5 mid in the comp (ceiling is 30 possie 1.5 goal per game midfielder) and will have a chance at brownlows. SPS ceiling IMO is a 25 possession silky player with good vision and time on the ball.
Thats not absolute. I think SPS could become the best player on our team. May always be underrated but he's got that Simon Black, Pendlebury movement in traffic which is just sublime. His vision is incredible, he's generally very very clean, can tackle and his disposal is brilliant.

Point is, why the * do you want to put a ceiling on any of our young guys?

Much to my disgust, everyone in the media, absolutely, undeniably hates Carlton with a relentless passion.

It's never going to change.

A'holes all of them!

Only some of them hate us. Most of them are just contemptuous, and that's our problem, not theirs. All we have on the positive side are those who like us, because nobody respects us. We need to earn it.

Much to my disgust, everyone in the media, absolutely, undeniably hates Carlton with a relentless passion.

It's never going to change.

A'holes all of them!
I'm very pleased to see Andy Maher smashing all the arrogant and overpaid radio hosts on SEN in the ratings.

Re the media hate for Carlton - generally true with some notable exceptions in addition to supporters and former Carlton players: Dunstall, Brereton and the Marngrook Footy Show.
Surprisingly Eddie has always been pretty good. But then he's a lot smarter than the others. He knows that trolling a club doesn't equal ratings.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How old is Matt Thompson anyway? He looks like he is far older than he probably is?

Isn't the VCE over two years?

aTKsITA.png

https://au.linkedin.com/in/matt-thompson-048ab134

Calm your farm Batman I was responding to your analysis of the players you mentioned where you basically labeled everyone as "hanging on" "ok" ect even though they finished fourth, you can keep bashing your keyboard it doesn'tmean you are making any sense.

I don't want be a part of your silly comparison with the 2000 list but I will say it is a totally different landscape now with free agency and the ability of players to move clubs.

Well there's making sense v not understanding. Don't worry, back then people rated us, rated our system, rated our players and yes, we did have a lot of good players from other clubs on our list, that's something which has always happened, maybe it happens more frequently but good players going from one club to another club where they win a flag has been happening since Barasi.

And for the record out VFL side was 3rd in 2000 and made the preliminary final only to be knocked out by the eventual premiers. I't didn't stop us from bottoming out in two years time.

It's not that silly really, we won a flag, were mostly a top side with a short fall, rose back up, came runners up 4 years later, then we were a really good side and favorite for a grand final berth but failed, finished second, then we were 5th then we were last with 3 wins. A list loaded with expremiership and AA players.

They've had more success and more sustained success but like us they have an old list and a very long list of aging stars who are still carrying them like we had in 2000 who probably have another few years left in them. Like us they have been neglecting the draft, haven't taken a first round pick since 2015.

The only difference is when they start to really rebuild they will have a core of midfielders and some good fringe players to do it around and no draft penalties and are much better placed to start a rebuild than we were. Yes things have changed. No priority picks and bigger gaps between picks and free agency. I don't think that matters. I think this could be one last crack at it next season before a 4 or 5 year rebuild commences.

I don't know their list well enough but I would think in 2020 they will be no threat and rebuilding, maybe sooner. Comparisons to us aren't exact but there are plenty of similarities.

Hawthorn will be hoping to hang on to success for as long as they can and that depends on how much they can get out of this older group and how long they can hang on for. They will use these older players as salary dumps and replace them with what ever top talent they can get a hold of. Keep them around for development and competitiveness. I just question whether the job will get out of hand and escalate.

Not saying they will bottom out but will possibly go through what Collingwood has since 2011ish and if it does take 4 or 5 or more years to possible win a flag then going to hawthorn as an over 25 year old for success might be interesting.

Then again we still have some years ahead of us too. It's just that in my opinion it's slightly less.

Can’t Beleive it! I’m at the RACV Royal pines resort, on the Gold Coast!! (Up here for my daughters National Clubs Gymnastic Champioships) And There is An NFL international Combine on!!! All these Yanks are walking around saying Who dis Dylan Shiels we’re do I find him! Is he signed yet!! I gotta meet the dude!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back