List Mgmt. CONFIRMED - Gary Rohan a Cat for pick 61

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought it was interesting that Rohan wasn't happy about being traded to the Cats, whether that was initially, or still the case...

Thats some serious pace, has a bit of class about him too and bloody good hands, if he can get back to that sort of form i would happily add him to the best 22.

Has always had a lot of talent and x-factor just no footy smarts.

His highlights look great but they only happen once every 5-6 games and then he goes missing again.

Have to admit I lost patience with him in the end but I do hope he finds whatever it is he needs at Geelong to take that next step in consistency in his game that he couldn't find at Sydney.

His highlights look great but they only happen once every 5-6 games and then he goes missing again.

Have to admit I lost patience with him in the end but I do hope he finds whatever it is he needs at Geelong to take that next step in consistency in his game that he couldn't find at Sydney.
Jordan Murdoch MKII... Still offers more than the other spuds we keep on our list.

shades of Stanley

Thought it was interesting that Rohan wasn't happy about being traded to the Cats, whether that was initially, or still the case...
That surprised me too. I thought I read somewhere he wanted to come "home". Just hope he is happy now. Can't have two unhappy souls in the team

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's got to get the ball first. At 9.8 disposals a game, getting it is the problem.

I honestly think getting the ball is the most overrated aspect of the games. Sure you want your mids to be able to win the ball but you don't want to be picking 22 kick chasers. No matter who you are you spend 99% of any game with the ball not in your possession. When you're playing deep defence or deep forward as Rohan has a lot then you can have significant impacts on games without getting the ball much. The important thing is to be doing all the right things without the ball (which Murdoch was good at) but then making your few disposals count (which Murdoch was a bit of a liability at).

I honestly think getting the ball is the most overrated aspect of the games. Sure you want your mids to be able to win the ball but you don't want to be picking 22 kick chasers. No matter who you are you spend 99% of any game with the ball not in your possession. When you're playing deep defence or deep forward as Rohan has a lot then you can have significant impacts on games without getting the ball much. The important thing is to be doing all the right things without the ball (which Murdoch was good at) but then making your few disposals count (which Murdoch was a bit of a liability at).
In some ways you're right, however even if he goes at 80% disposal efficiency we're talking about 8 effective disposals a game or 2 per quarter. It's not enough unless you're a dour fullback in the mode of Lonergan taking out the oppositions most dangerous forward. As an attacking forward/ wing (which has been his main gig) or a creative half back, it is not enough to play regular league footy.

In some ways you're right, however even if he goes at 80% disposal efficiency we're talking about 8 effective disposals a game or 2 per quarter. It's not enough unless you're a dour fullback in the mode of Lonergan taking out the oppositions most dangerous forward. As an attacking forward/ wing (which has been his main gig) or a creative half back, it is not enough to play regular league footy.

Menzel averaged less than that this year and people are up in arms that he was delisted. In fact in his time playing deep forward he's got pretty similar stats to Menzel (a few more tackles and a few less goals). The fact is unless you're gong through the middle or a designated receiver like Thuoy you're not likely to rack up disposals. The difference between 7 effective disposals and 9 effective disposals is highly unlikely to be more important than all the things you do without the ball.

Menzel averaged less than that this year and people are up in arms that he was delisted. In fact in his time playing deep forward he's got pretty similar stats to Menzel (a few more tackles and a few less goals). The fact is unless you're gong through the middle or a designated receiver like Thuoy you're not likely to rack up disposals. The difference between 7 effective disposals and 9 effective disposals is highly unlikely to be more important than all the things you do without the ball.
Menzel kicked 20 more goals than Rohan this year. Hardly a few less.

Menzel kicked 20 more goals than Rohan this year. Hardly a few less.

Rohan didn't play deep forward much this year. Across 2016-17 he kicked 47 goals in 34 games while still being shifted into defence at times. Since returning from his groin injury Menzel kicked 13 in 8. Yeah Menzel kicks more goals but Rohan has shown an ability to hit the scoreboard fairly well.

Rohan didn't play deep forward much this year. Across 2016-17 he kicked 47 goals in 34 games while still being shifted into defence at times. Since returning from his groin injury Menzel kicked 13 in 8. Yeah Menzel kicks more goals but Rohan has shown an ability to hit the scoreboard fairly well.
and in 2016-17 Menzel kicked 73 from 38 games. I think people might be up in arms with the Menzel delisting because he's a 40 goal a year forward and our forward stocks aren't that great so now we're left with Hawkins. Rohan averages 0.6 goals per game and is on the park less. Should make for an interesting 2019 anyway.

Nah we’ll be right.

* Hawkins will kick 70 goals next year
* Dahlhaus who kicked 1 goal in 2018 will play all games next year and kick 35
* Rohan will average 7 tackles and 1.5 goals a game.
* Dangerfield will improve his goal kicking and kick 50
* Gaz, at 35 will move to a permanent forward and be like his dad.
* We will average 140pts a game next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back