Official Match Thread Season 26 Round 17 Baghdad Bombers vs West Coast Wonders at Abdu Prison

Remove this Banner Ad

All good.

Lets move on. At the end of the day, we are all here to have fun.

The Wonders have the Bombers to deal with, and we need to make sure they watch the finals from the outside.

Also, I reckon the Bombers vs Wonders is one of the best Match ups this league has.

Thanks for the advice.

Apologies if I don't get your posting style right here, but let me give an example on how your arrogance and inclusion of your team mates in that arrogance could work.

" Bombers in serious trouble coming up against the form player of the competition and 2nd most goal scorer in SFA history.

[insert stats to prove how good you are and how in form you are - this probably should be about 3 paragraphs long]

So in closing I don't see how the Bombers win this game, after my 28 goals. How can I not kick that many with the precise kicks from JT_the_Man that Cactus_ deliver to me every game"

I know its not your style of writing, and you don't even need to do that often, maybe about 10-15% of the time.

Anyway, thats enough from me.

Mate, you're just finding out what most here know. Don't get me wrong, I like his schtick, but unfortunately, it hasn't evolved at all in his time in the SFA.
When done over a dozen or so posts, it is great. It creates engagement, actually no, it demands engagement and that is a rare quality here.

But it get's stale. It get's old and before you know it, he turns into the pain in the arse Uncle who tells the same stories, the same jokes with the dame delivery style that in fact, highlights an inability to adapt or change and is masked by this 'brashness' that permeates through just about every one of his posts.

It really is the epitome of a 'rinse and repeat' style of posting.

From this day forward, I, Kohphi, as long ad I am Captain of the Baghdad Bombers decree that in all future matches against okeydoke7, he will now be forever be known as westinghouse7.

wer.jpg

Great to see the team PM has managed to placate things. You can now all continue being the vanilla boring campaigners we all know and love.
I think this is a great time to offer every Bombers Player a discount 'Honorary Wonders Finals S26 Membership package'.

Come and support your favourite Wonders Players in the Finals, and cheers along with the masses as the Wonders are #firsttosix. Membership will include an invite to the Wonders Premiership, Best and Fairest Dinners.

Or alternatively you can go to my media thread for a great things to do in the off-season - Link: https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/top-10-things-to-do-during-the-sweet-f-a-off-season.1208801/

Either way, Enjoy your last game this Sunday.

Wonders are an out of sync rabble

You say that like it's a new thing?

Get out from under the rock you've been hiding.

#lolwonders

I think this is a great time to offer every Bombers Player a discount 'Honorary Wonders Finals S26 Membership package'.

Come and support your favourite Wonders Players in the Finals, and cheers along with the masses as the Wonders are #firsttosix. Membership will include an invite to the Wonders Premiership, Best and Fairest Dinners.

Or alternatively you can go to my media thread for a great things to do in the off-season - Link: https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/top-10-things-to-do-during-the-sweet-f-a-off-season.1208801/

Either way, Enjoy your last game this Sunday.

Thanks for the offer but I am going with this option.

We win Sunday and the Roys lose. Then my friend you will get a front row seat to watch the greatest finals team in modern history. Am I right TheCoach16

The Wonders have even managed to provide the Bombers’ best banter this week.

What can’t we do?

Well played U2tigers.

Lol.. at least have the courage of your convictions..

proxy-31.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks for the advice.

Apologies if I don't get your posting style right here, but let me give an example on how your arrogance and inclusion of your team mates in that arrogance could work.

" Bombers in serious trouble coming up against the form player of the competition and 2nd most goal scorer in SFA history.

[insert stats to prove how good you are and how in form you are - this probably should be about 3 paragraphs long]

So in closing I don't see how the Bombers win this game, after my 28 goals. How can I not kick that many with the precise kicks from JT_the_Man that Cactus_ deliver to me every game"

I know its not your style of writing, and you don't even need to do that often, maybe about 10-15% of the time.

Anyway, thats enough from me.
I do send okeydoke7 some precise kicks, don’t I?

25 goal assists this week.

Thanks for the offer but I am going with this option.

We win Sunday and the Roys lose. Then my friend you will get a front row seat to watch the greatest finals team in modern history. Am I right TheCoach16
Mr September says yes...

There is a forgotten victim here that I for one refuse to forget and wish to acknowledge before he gets swept under the rug. The poor rookie Wonder who has had his SFA experience absolutely destroyed by the selfish and insular nature of okeydoke7

Stay gold ponyboy!

There is a forgotten victim here that I for one refuse to forget and wish to acknowledge before he gets swept under the rug. The poor rookie Wonder who has had his SFA experience absolutely destroyed by the selfish and insular nature of okeydoke7

Stay gold ponyboy!
Piss off Soc

Nice to see all of the discussion is STILL about me despite the below post claiming I am stale and boring.
Mate, you're just finding out what most here know. Don't get me wrong, I like his schtick, but unfortunately, it hasn't evolved at all in his time in the SFA.
When done over a dozen or so posts, it is great. It creates engagement, actually no, it demands engagement and that is a rare quality here.

But it get's stale. It get's old and before you know it, he turns into the pain in the arse Uncle who tells the same stories, the same jokes with the dame delivery style that in fact, highlights an inability to adapt or change and is masked by this 'brashness' that permeates through just about every one of his posts.

It really is the epitome of a 'rinse and repeat' style of posting.

From this day forward, I, Kohphi, as long ad I am Captain of the Baghdad Bombers decree that in all future matches against okeydoke7, he will now be forever be known as westinghouse7.

View attachment 585364
I like the above rant, particularly the Westinghouse7 comment. That’s some of your best, I must say.

To suggest there has been no evolution in my posting in my career is to show ignorance.

I started as an ‘upstart’ newbie determined to break up the boys club and challenge the stubborn veterans (the exact style of posting I now have to face off against every week now roles have reversed).

I became an absolute s**t and an antagonist and got a bad reputation.

I took a couple of seasons off.

I returned with a shift in persona and style. I came back as a much nicer poster. A bit friendlier. More laid back. Less inclined to step on toes.

Despite my opinions on big issues not changing, I found that I had a lot more support. People agreed with me more. I was more liked (voted in the top few of the beez trophy a few times, voted league’s best media performer 3 times running).

So I was at the top of my game between S15-18 with that shift if you believe the Sweet FA.

Except on many respects I wasn’t. This league is far better when people are willing to speak their minds and say what they really think. This league is better when people are willing to voice their opinions regardless of backlash. This league is better when there are posters who don’t care for reputation.

When I stood down as administrator I decided to ‘being back the biff’ a bit, but TFW pissed me off by charging me for bringing the game into disrepute so I went quiet.

I’m back in a big way and I’ve decided I give zero shits what people think, I’ll be antagonistic and more arrogant than ever because the league is more colourful with all different sorts of posters.

I have constantly evolved and watched on as the Sweet FA sheep slowly change their opinions about me based on my persona. Unable to separate some logical opinions and arguments from one’s persona. It’s a laugh.

People say they don’t like it and it’s boring and it’s stale. Yet people also tag me and mention me all across the league because I’m known for it. It generates discussion. It creates some banter. It fires people up (like all of you and even my teammate U2tigers).

I know exactly how to post to be more liked across the league and even within my team. But I genuinely think the league is worse off for it. And to be honest, I don’t enjoy it as much. I like the fantasy aspect of this game. I like being able to play FF and kick goals in a fantasy game. I like being able to adopt a narcissistic persona you’d never get away with in real life (unless you’re Warwick Capper).

So I’ve evolved and will continue to evolve. But only when I want to. And because I want to. Because anyone who says they aren’t here for their own enjoyment is kidding themselves.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back