The Australian Greens - What are they Doing?

Remove this Banner Ad

Do you have a problem with women? What is wrong with that?

Gawd...always with the Gender card

Why would anyone bring their baby into Parliament or into a loud and pressured work environment?
Was it for the benefit of the baby or the benefit Of Larissa Waters?
From her Bio, nothing more than PR for Larissa

Why would anyone bring their baby into Parliament or into a loud and pressured work environment?
I imagine she did it and still be at her workplace.

Do you think that they should not work whilst breast feeding?

It is not unique to Australia happens in other countries, three that I can think of - Canada, Argentina, Iceland, also thought in the US and UK but could be wrong. Still not sure why you find it strange.

Wooooooooooooooow.

How do you make the jump from someone questioning why a newborn is being brought to parliment to then asking if they have a problem with women?

Amazing.

If you have a problem with breastfeeding, which is a totally natural evolutionary process by which mammals (Class Mammalia; named for the Latin 'mamma', for breast) give nourishment to their young, and have done for approximately 150 million years since they first evolved, then I'd suggest that it is you that has the problem. In fact, in Australia, breastfeeding is considered a fundamental human right protected by law, and is not a privilege.

Wooooooooooooooow.

How do you make the jump from someone questioning why a newborn is being brought to parliment to then asking if they have a problem with women?

Amazing.
It is nowhere near as difficult as you make it sound

I imagine she did it and still be at her workplace.

Do you think that they should not work whilst breast feeding?

It is not unique to Australia happens in other countries, three that I can think of - Canada, Argentina, Iceland, also thought in the US and UK but could be wrong. Still not sure why you find it strange.
So parliament should be a creche for babies and children?
Board meetings the same?
Truck drivers?
Miners in remote locations?

It was a publicity stunt and nothing more.

Strange you think it was a genuine action by her

If you have a problem with breastfeeding, which is a totally natural evolutionary process by which mammals (Class Mammalia; named for the Latin 'mamma', for breast) give nourishment to their young, and have done for approximately 150 million years since they first evolved, then I'd suggest that it is you that has the problem. In fact, in Australia, breastfeeding is considered a fundamental human right protected by law, and is not a privilege.
My issue is using a baby for self promotion.
Dont we have laws protecting children from exploitation?

So parliament should be a creche for babies and children?
Board meetings the same?
Truck drivers?
Miners in remote locations?

It was a publicity stunt and nothing more.

Strange you think it was a genuine action by her
Again, why not? What is wrong with it?
Exploitation of the child? Ha Ha Ha.

2018-11-26_200506.jpg

How come she didn't have maternity leave?

Not that I think there is anything wrong with her breastfeeding in parliament mind you, just curious why, if the baby was under 1, she was required to be at work at all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Answer my questions first as I not the one with complaints against it.

Glad there are other countries that don't have a problem with it either.
As I said
It wasnt about her baby
It was all about Larissa waters
That she highlights this non event on her bio as a first! shows her true intention...publicity

Here is the future and the reason the Greens will remain a force

The Age‏Verified account @theage 14h14 hours ago
Students across Australia will walk out of their classrooms on Friday to tell politicians that climate inaction is not good enough
I hope that they will be appropriately punished if they are meant to be in class....

Protest all you want, but do it on your own time.... Likewise with the teachers who walked off a little while ago about asylum seekers....

As I said
It wasnt about her baby
It was all about Larissa waters
That she highlights this non event on her bio as a first! shows her true intention...publicity
No, something she believed in that was passed by the current government and has since allowed others to do the same.
Exploitation? Still waiting.
Still waiting for you to tell me what is wrong about breastfeeding in the workplace.

Here is another example not exactly a boardroom but in the office.
Revenue
and Financial Services Minister Kelly O'Dwyer recently held a routine meeting with the head of a major bank in her Melbourne office.

No one has said women shouldn't breastfeed...
You are creating your own narrative here

Not really - you just seem to be offended by a woman feeding her child naturally. Would you rather she stopped going to work for 12 months on maternity leave? Or was forced to give up her full time job as soon as she got married (as women in the 50's had to)?

If she wants to work after giving birth, she should be allowed, and if she needs to feed her child and it doesn't interfere with her job, she should be able to. It's not like she's driving a B-double and is going to get distracted.

Not really - you just seem to be offended by a woman feeding her child naturally. Would you rather she stopped going to work for 12 months on maternity leave? Or was forced to give up her full time job as soon as she got married (as women in the 50's had to)?

If she wants to work after giving birth, she should be allowed, and if she needs to feed her child and it doesn't interfere with her job, she should be able to. It's not like she's driving a B-double and is going to get distracted.
I am offended by that am I?
Amazing you reached that conclusion based on...your own bias

If you can't see that was nothing more than a publicity stunt you are naive.

I hope that they will be appropriately punished if they are meant to be in class....

Protest all you want, but do it on your own time.... Likewise with the teachers who walked off a little while ago about asylum seekers....

https://www.canberratimes.com.au/na...st-the-climate-emergency-20181115-p50g8p.html

10 & 11 year olds?? Fair dinkum spare me.... Older Secondary kids perhaps would understand the complexities of this issue but Primary School kids??? Not a bloody chance this is them doing any sort of "self thought".

No, something she believed in that was passed by the current government and has since allowed others to do the same.
Exploitation? Still waiting.
Still waiting for you to tell me what is wrong about breastfeeding in the workplace.

Here is another example not exactly a boardroom but in the office.
Revenue
and Financial Services Minister Kelly O'Dwyer recently held a routine meeting with the head of a major bank in her Melbourne office.
Yes.. she was exploiting her baby for her own publicity.

Yes.. she was exploiting her baby for her own publicity.
Nope, don't agree and I am sure that the other female parliamentarians who breastfed their baby since don't agree either.
Positive achievement and worth noting.

Stop looking for hidden agendas, sometimes it is what it is.

Still waiting for the other question to be answered.
What is wrong with breast feeding in the workplace?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back