Prediction Draft rumours

Remove this Banner Ad

Nah..gut feel from all the commentary around trade period
It was never suggested like some others were with pick swaps about it, no people saying the swaps between GC and the Crows almost happened or what not. Was imo just your hope from posters info from your clubs own big footy pages or general supporters.

I don't really understand your point.

The kids are drafted on the night anyway, where they end up at the very end of the night is irrelevant, they are still getting drafted.

Clubs will still take into account their character, go home factor etc.

Words fail me if you cant see the difference between an 18 year old and a 22 year old in this type of situation.

Apparently one of the first rounders selected produced a medical certificate for interstate clubs stating he had a condition and could not be drafted out of his home state! Wonder who it was, have a fair idea...

What next ffs...

Apparently one of the first rounders selected produced a medical certificate for interstate clubs stating he had a condition and could not be drafted out of his home state! Wonder who it was, have a fair idea...

What next ffs...

Rumoured to be Bailey Smith, guess it's no different to Winged and a few others saying they will leave after 2 years.

Well Smithy did the right thing by saving interstate clubs two years in case they drafted him. Good on him.
I think he should play VFL for a year ,then go through SSP rookie draft eg boxhill . A top 10 player should be able to go everywhere mentally.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well Smithy did the right thing by saving interstate clubs two years in case they drafted him. Good on him.

This shouldn’t be celebrated mate.

If people are too fragile to cope with the idea of leaving mummy and daddy then a competition with 8 potential interstate landing spots is probably not a great idea.

AFL players make a s**t load of money primarily because it is supposedly a national competition which has massive commercial interest and TV Rights. It doesn’t seem quite right to leech off that but not embrace the fact you may have to live in a new city and wipe your own bottom.

This privileged selfish mindset that many of the spoilt young players have is a cancer to the game. Many people in life have to move from the nest to make their lives, some even have to leave their countries to advance themselves.

Watching these untried, unproven babies using any technique under the sun to manipulate selfish outcomes makes me positively want to puke, and that is regardless of whether they “save a team a draft pick”.

They need to grow up or learn a trade.

What sort of mental issue could you have that you can't move interstate but can play in an environment where you are going to be constantly scrutinised?

Rumor is that he has OCD and the massive change in routine would trouble him was the excuse.

Rumor is that he has OCD and the massive change in routine would trouble him was the excuse.

Once again, playing AFL football would be the worst thing he can do, such is the scrutiny that will be put on him. Wrong industry IMO.

I hear Gaming is a growing sport that you can do in the comfort of your own home next to the folks.

Once again, playing AFL football would be the worst thing he can do, such is the scrutiny that will be put on him. Wrong industry IMO.

I hear Gaming is a growing sport that you can do in the comfort of your own home next to the folks.

Having OCD doesn't make you more susceptible to scrutiny haha

I'm sure if it's true he has his own coping mechanisms to deal with it (maybe centered around living at home with his family) and was worried how he would react if they were taken away.

Having OCD doesn't make you more susceptible to scrutiny haha

I'm sure if it's true he has his own coping mechanisms to deal with it (maybe centered around living at home with his family) and was worried how he would react if they were taken away.
What if you are sure it's not True .

I enjoy how everyone just latches on to random Bigfooty rumours as if they are absolutely true. There's been literally zero evidence whatsoever that Smith demanded to stay in Victoria, yet everyone is suddenly talking down his character as if he's gone and slapped their child or something

I enjoy how everyone just latches on to random Bigfooty rumours as if they are absolutely true. There's been literally zero evidence whatsoever that Smith demanded to stay in Victoria, yet everyone is suddenly talking down his character as if he's gone and slapped their child or something

To be fair the rumour was started by the Herald Sun and then it was also supported by AFL.com's Cal Twomey and FOX Sports Matt Balmer. The latter two reported it's what club's believed prior to the draft and what fueled the dogs belief that they could trade back in the draft and still get him.

If it is true, it'll come out eventually.... just like it did with Wingard.

David Beckham is OCD and I’m pretty sure he came under much more scrutiny than Bailey Smith ever will. He went ok in his chosen sport.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back