7Cricket Vs Fox Cricket

Who has the better coverage?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Seven. I would've chosen Fox comfortably if not for the A-grade twat that is Mark Waugh. He's insufferable and a certified Marsh lover. Next.

Also Mark Howard should not commentate ball by ball. He's an ok presenter/interviewer but his commentary is shite. E.g "...bunts it down the ground for six!" or "Just like swatting peas!"...lol.

7 missing Lyon's hattrick ball in favour of showing an ad was unforgivable.

With 7 that isn't a surprise, during their tennis coverage they would often miss the first point of the next game. I think their problem is they don't understand sport has its own timing, just because they can tell the AFL when to resume play that doesn't apply to Cricket or Tennis or other sports.

With 7 that isn't a surprise, during their tennis coverage they would often miss the first point of the next game. I think their problem is they don't understand sport has its own timing, just because they can tell the AFL when to resume play that doesn't apply to Cricket or Tennis or other sports.
That'll be next

Can't bowl the next ball until the light flashes

They always missed the first game of every set

I remember 9 missing the decisive delivery at the MCG in 1982, when the Poms beat Australia by 3 runs. They returned from the ad, and Jeff Thomson was already out. The fury from the viewing public was justified!!!

Fox is excellent.
Commentators talk about the game and the technical side rather than about themselves like the sycophants on 9 did.
Isa has an Awsome knowledge of cricket but doesn’t over do it and asks great questions.
Neroli has a beautiful happy disposition and laugh and brings fun happy side to coverage... and she knows her cricket as well.
Good graphics and stats. Such as batsman against inswing versus out swing etc
No adds between overs, only at drinks. Kerry OK is technically astute and does his research, so far he has managed to keep his stupid laugh to a minimum.
Warney is warney.
Gilchrist and Hussey are great, casual respectful and not full of them selves at all.

Big ticks for Fox.

My neighbour who only has FTA popped over for a session and said 7 and Fox are chalk and cheese

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why anyone with Fox would even think about watching 7 when they can escape the adds is beyond me. Fox have their annoyances, just as 9 did, but I really can't care less so long as they're trying to talk cricket.

Nine were always able to dictate when overs were to be bowled for their ads. Fox are the "host" broadcaster for these Tests so since they have no ads they probably dgaf. Seven are the "hosts" for Big Bash though so I'd expect they'd be able to halt overs to fit in their ads for MKR.

Honestly I like both. People annoy me on both coverages like Mark Howard on Fox and Slater on 7- but overall I think both are doing well.

Fox graphics and production values are better but isn’t that to be expected with them being owned by the same company which owns and produces Sky Sports (Nz and England cricket) & Star (India) plus countless overseas sport like TNF & American’s game of the week in the US. 7 are doing pretty well considering all of that.

Ponting and Brayshaw are the best on 7 and Isha and Gilchrist are my favourite on Fox.

I personally just like having the choice. 9 were terrible the last two years with Clarke, Healy and Slater.

Honestly I like both. People annoy me on both coverages like Mark Howard on Fox and Slater on 7- but overall I think both are doing well.

Fox graphics and production values are better but isn’t that to be expected with them being owned by the same company which owns and produces Sky Sports (Nz and England cricket) & Star (India) plus countless overseas sport like TNF & American’s game of the week in the US. 7 are doing pretty well considering all of that.

Ponting and Brayshaw are the best on 7 and Isha and Gilchrist are my favourite on Fox.

I personally just like having the choice. 9 were terrible the last two years with Clarke, Healy and Slater.

Did LOL earlier today when KoK describing an Indian tail ender batting style as being "an open-faced slapper". Gilly lost it laughing while Isa only just barely manged to keep going.
He's had some rippers. "Lyon could get him out with a wet tomato" when describing Rahane in the first innings. Almost fell off the chair laughing.
I haven't really found myself annoyed or bored with the coverage. Warne's full of himself, but his insight is second to none, and it was great that the commentary was scathing of the captaincy/bowling for a change, instead of cheering and acting like a pack of annoying bandwagoners.

Haven't watched any of 7 and no need to really. Coverage on Fox is so much better than anything Chan 9 produced, it's hard to believe they only just got the rights. It's pretty nice not having the same crap repeated every session too.

Both Fox and Seven have made it easy for me to waste hour after hour watching this match on TV when I should be getting other things done! Hats off to both I say, although if Slats would * off that would be nice.

One thing that’s started to piss me off a bit on any Australian cricket coverage - even radio - is this never ending criticism of captains and their decisions/tactics. I have no problem with them pointing out some questionable decisions and ideas but they harp on about it for overs at a time when in reality maybe they need to accept that just like batting and bowling, captaincy is a skill and even the best don’t always get it right all the time. Point out the possible mistake and move on.

Watching people convince themselves that Fox is far better because they've spent money on it gets fairly repetitive.
It's almost as if the excellent variety between the commentators and the complete lack of ads have had some sort of brainwashing effect making us thoroughly enjoy the coverage and not really feel the need to turn over and sample the alternative. Good point, I'll have to work on that.

Back