What are your New Years Eve plans?

Remove this Banner Ad

L̶a̶s̶t̶ ̶y̶e̶a̶r̶ End of 2016 went to a great house party. Probably 100+ people there (a good 30 at least that I knew), everybody was drunk and on MDMA and stoned, 'surprise' appearances from those living overseas who'd back home to visit their families for Christmas, we all walked to a hill to see the city fireworks. I'd started a new job a couple weeks earlier so the stress I'd had about starting that was gone and I felt really feel relaxed. Most people kept going until 4-5am when those of us still left did bulbs and snorted ketamine before falling asleep. A great night and, at the risk of sounding like Silent Alarm with the early onset nostalgia, a memorable last New Year's Eve of my 20s.

What a difference a year makes... The stupid job made me work to 11pm and my new year started sober on the tram ride home. Had the same shift on Christmas Day too so that was also ruined. Need to get job someplace that closes on Christmas Eve and doesn't reopen until the Monday after January 1st.
hmm falling asleep after hitting the bulbs?

shits not really adding up but sounds lit

edit- maybe the ket levelled things out

Was in bed by 11 boys!

Nice not waking up with a prick of a hangover, might spend the half the money I otherwise would have on a game or some clothes and a few books or something. Sit in a park, have a read, grab a solo pint somewhere, see if anyone wants to come along for the ride. With any luck I'll end up kicking on all night today with the blow ins still sleeping it off.

Went to a bar in Vic Park.

Was a great setup with none of the douchebag lads prevelent in Perth CBD, Northbridge and Freo. The Red Ale on tap was sensational and had a few cheap Mojito zooper doopers and jellyshots. $5 BBQ hotdog and potato salad was good quality given the price. Got drunk without getting wild. Good company of similar aged down to earth tradies and young professionals.

Hey friends,

The time is upon us again. What're you doing this year?

My options are a) nothing or b) casual gathering at my cousin's joint.

Go b pb.

Cousins are great- one new years i went to my cousins they had their own fireworks and we set the backyard on fire

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have a Paella then watch the fireworks on tv 1 hour ahead of time out of NSW in Qld.
So I can go to bed early
Usually get woken up as tourists let fireworks off on the beach
Can vary depending on where they come from
Usually quite a good display
I can watch from the bedroom window so its not too bad

Last edited:
Small party(About 6-8 people) at my place. Will be lucky to see the New Year in as I'm usually in bed by 10. The others can party on without me.

Trying to avoid the city. Having a Barbie at a mates house with a few drinks and then they aren't massive party animals I might go to a other mates house which is only a 5 min uber away

Remove this Banner Ad

Back