Social Science What do you think about?

Remove this Banner Ad

I think a lot about that moment that you take your very last breath of life. What happens next, do the lights fade away, does it just end? Is your mind still completely with it at that very last moment even if you can’t physically speak or move? I’m not afraid of death I’m looking forward to it.
Life's last great adventure.

I had this random dream I was in a old folks home.
And they took my dog away.

So I wanted to stab the nurse.
I dunno if it was the Israel/Palestine stuff going on but I had a very realistic dream of a group of terrorists coming into a village I was in and we were trying to escape

Life's last great adventure.
Imagine if life ends the way you believe it does, if you believe in heaven that’s where your soul or consciousness goes, if you believe it’s over then you get nothing, for me I’ll end up haunting people and travelling the world as a ghost, good times

Ill often think about the number of votes ill get for each round in the song comp and who gives me votes. Then I think of a theme.

Often think about my footy stats system to rival sc and afl stats.

I prob think about roman empire once a month. Usually when i think about infrastructure or roads or social structure. I ladt thought about how they used water.

Ive wondered things like " what is the optimal slope for a car to drive up a hill for fuel consumption"

The other day I thought about how far away are we from a realistic human behaviour simulation where you could adjust any variable to discover how humans would react in given situations. I wondered if you could simulate a fight in various environments and what the outcome would be under certain parameters. For example: an untrained 100kg guy vs a 65kg mma fighter. The opportunities are limitless

Ill often think about the number of votes ill get for each round in the song comp and who gives me votes. Then I think of a theme.

Often think about my footy stats system to rival sc and afl stats.

I prob think about roman empire once a month. Usually when i think about infrastructure or roads or social structure. I ladt thought about how they used water.

Ive wondered things like " what is the optimal slope for a car to drive up a hill for fuel consumption"

The other day I thought about how far away are we from a realistic human behaviour simulation where you could adjust any variable to discover how humans would react in given situations. I wondered if you could simulate a fight in various environments and what the outcome would be under certain parameters. For example: an untrained 100kg guy vs a 65kg mma fighter. The opportunities are limitless
I try not too think too much about the song contest too much anxiety 😂

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Since my cataract surgery on Monday, I've thought about how weird it was that my eyes were open (or maybe just the one with the cataract) and I could hear the surgeons speaking to each other about what they were doing.

On SM-A135F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Since my cataract surgery on Monday, I've thought about how weird it was that my eyes were open (or maybe just the one with the cataract) and I could hear the surgeons speaking to each other about what they were doing.

On SM-A135F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Friend of mine had a cornea transplant and he said the needle in the pupil is as horrific as it sounds.

I think a lot about that moment that you take your very last breath of life. What happens next, do the lights fade away, does it just end? Is your mind still completely with it at that very last moment even if you can’t physically speak or move? I’m not afraid of death I’m looking forward to it.

Depending on the circumstances, it could be like going to sleep. We do it a few times per day. But that one time we don't wake up.

Or there could be something that might suddenly take us without warning - such as a heart attack, car crash, meteor strike.

At the moment I’m thinking about nba fantasy and how I can beat my son and all his mates in our league, I know a bit but these lads love their nba 😬

30 Rock Fellow Kids GIF by PeacockTV
30 Rock Fellow Kids GIF by PeacockTV

my list was much longer until i took out all the lines about what's for dinner
  • what mischief will i get up to when everyone else in the house is asleep
  • how can i gain more free time in pursuit of my hobbies while my life is wasting away
  • how can i compartmentalise the bits of my life so they are not blobs of activity i may or may not have the discipline to properly devote time to
  • am i ever going to learn guitar
  • am i ever going to learn piano (again-ish)
  • am i ever going to xyz (list is endless)
  • what music i would make and record
  • is my artist practice really worth investing time into
  • should i be exploring fashion choices that stretch my comfort zone or stick to safe-safe
  • i am quote-mining philosophers from the internet, it would be better to read it in context, but i can't help it
  • i think about death much less than i used to - too busy. i wonder whether i should be scared or not, what will do the trick. i think about whether my parents have a fear of death, and hoping they don't.
  • superhero movies will one day have their own version of disco demolition night. we might be there already, people gather online but there's nothing to throw on the fire.
i think about the roman empire sporadically - generally when i browse wikipedia, which is a lot. it reminds me of the deep dives i've taken through lots of empires and dynasties. the way wikipedia is set up allows you to follow the succession of leaders (with some bumps where rule was in turmoil or disputed) from the beginning really, with varying amounts of text available on each. not much sticks, i assume that's as it's not terribly practical information. i've dived down the line of roman emperors, east and west, egyptian pharoahs, english. some french, probably others when looking up things like hapsburg jaw.

i think about reading, and i think about how we can be fooled into thinking we understand something just because we can recite some facts we read on wikipedia.

my theory is our perception of time changes to make it feel faster, 'the year has flown' as we get older because our brains can't remember as much. be that diseased, ageing or full. our days are essentially shorter as there's less remembered, less recall. in our ageing state, things become less poignant and more useless, our needs and desires are pared back as we think we know the world and we're concerned with making it through the day, the world and its experiences

i think about the inconsequentiality of existence. among other cosmological crap i think about the death of the universe and what it entails. heat death, big bounce, etc. i want to think of pantheism, and how the bits that have made up me may or not reconstitute themselves. i sometimes feel some peace knowing that i will dissolve into chemicals and atoms as everything else, i will become something else and the same as everything else as far away and further than we could possibly imagine.

I guess when I was younger I used to daydream local scenarios playing out, e.g. tsunami, red dawn/tomorrow series, wake up last person on Earth, an epic walk/cycle/paddle trek, what if your school was your private house and which room would be your bedroom, home invasion tactics, etc. Those sort of grounded fantasies based upon where you live were good value and recurring. The planet Neptune has loomed in my thoughts and dreams since a very young age too, always felt very drawn to its vibe.

My daydreams particularly into 2006/2007 were just constant ways Geelong would win a flag.. on loop.. walking between classes etc etc .

:$
Haha that was totally me with the Eagles in the mid 00s too. Those predawn jogs, part time jobs, walking between classes, etc. the fixture was memorised! 😂

sucky rebuilding is so chill

Remove this Banner Ad

Back