Injuries 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Prob in an ideal world the club would have been able to wait until after tomorrow’s review with the surgeon. The players are currently on a 4-day break.

He may have surgery after the surgeon review tomorrow and result in a second press release with a slightly changed recovery timeframe.

This kind of happened with Stephen Hill - end of Nov the club indicated that he was on modified training after some leaks and then a week later after he missed the team photo was advised that he had undergone quad surgery on 3/12/2018.

Jesus now this has happened.
Losing Neele is starting to really sting.
It was always going to hurt. We were lacking depth before he went, and moreso now. All it means is another season of development for Brayshaw and Cerra with Bewley or Conca stepping through more than we might have initially intended

Well live, just can't afford the lose more seniors from the middle

Club needs to be a bit better at communication than this.

They knew on Saturday, at least put something on the website on Sunday
This. :thumbsu:

Is it usual for a hamstring to tear to that extent after an innocuous collision or does it point to another issue?
Sheppard and Treloar busted hamstring tendons being pushed when at full sprint could have been the same mechanism. Tiny bump at the wrong time. Still Treloar and Sheppard made full recoveries. I wouldn't put that type of soft tissue injury down to overtraining etc just bad luck.

Sheppard and Treloar busted hamstring tendons being pushed when at full sprint could have been the same mechanism. Tiny bump at the wrong time. Still Treloar and Sheppard made full recoveries. I wouldn't put that type of soft tissue injury down to overtraining etc just bad luck.
Both knew right away though.

It was always going to hurt. We were lacking depth before he went, and moreso now. All it means is another season of development for Brayshaw and Cerra with Bewley or Conca stepping through more than we might have initially intended

Well live, just can't afford the lose more seniors from the middle

I was confident with Blakely filling the hole of Neele some what.
But now hes out we will really miss Neele.
In a way I felt that Lachie was holding back Blakelys development some what and now that Blakely has his eye on the prize, he has gone and gotten himself injured.
I was backing him to have a really good year:'(

I was confident with Blakely filling the hole of Neele some what.
But now hes out we will really miss Neele.
In a way I felt that Lachie was holding back Blakelys development some what and now that Blakely has his eye on the prize, he has gone and gotten himself injured.
I was backing him to have a really good year:'(
Yes me too. North is my "next most likely" young bloke to force his way in. But it will be a team solution rather than an individual.

Not ideal and ruins an almost excellent preseason, but why are so many people having kittens about this? It's hardly fyfe/walters level of loss.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not ideal and ruins an almost excellent preseason, but why are so many people having kittens about this? It's hardly fyfe/walters level of loss.
Don't think you realise the structural implications. Structure or lack thereof was why we're so bad the last 3 seasons. Now someone is going to have to either play out of their preferred, or we'll have to blood another untried first gamer in there. As opposed to the perfect plug and play player who was ready to take the next step in Blakely. His preseason is now compromised so he won't be able to bounce back and be 100% until maybe late in the season. The knock on effects are potentially massive.

Don't think you realise the structural implications. Structure or lack thereof was why we're so bad the last 3 seasons. Now someone is going to have to either play out of their preferred, or we'll have to blood another untried first gamer in there. As opposed to the perfect plug and play player who was ready to take the next step in Blakely. His preseason is now compromised so he won't be able to bounce back and be 100% until maybe late in the season. The knock on effects are potentially massive.
Yeah it's a bummer.

Not sure it's costing us the flag though. :rainbow:

Probably means more time in the backline than mid when he does return and more inside minutes/responsibility to Brayshaw, Cerra, Conca, Colyer etc.

Yeah it's a bummer.

Not sure it's costing us the flag though. :rainbow:

Probably means more time in the backline than mid when he does return and more inside minutes/responsibility to Brayshaw, Cerra, Conca, Colyer etc.
Mate the flag was ours to lose ;)

Jeez, the structural changes associated with having Lobb and Hogan forward will far outweigh the (possible) structural downside of not having Blakely. Not sure what you are on about but this is not massive IMO, structurally or otherwise

Last edited:
Jeez, the structural changes associated with having Lobb and Hogan forward will far outweigh the (possible) structural downside of not having Blakely. Not sure what you are on about but this is not massive IMO, structurally or otherwise
Not sure if serious.

Good call!
Yep. Not sure why everyone's heading for the razor blades. We get Logue back into the back 6, Conca, Mundy, Fyfe, Hill, Hill, Langdon, Brayshaw, Cerra, Banfield, Bennell, Tucker and Valente is an exceptional mix of talent in the midfield. And we can welcome him back in time for finals ;)

I think Bewley is a definite stater for round 1 now, we ll see how he goes. As mentioned above Mundy can easly fill that role. Nerver good to have a player getting injured but if he is back and firing round 6 then so be it. Our injury list isn't the worst i've seen in recent pre-seasons ( touch a massive bit of f****** wood). If you want to feel better look at Carlton injury list at the present.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back