Game Day Port Adelaide FC 2019 Intra-Club

Who will crush their enemies, see them driven before them and hear the lamentation of the women?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Agree to disagree.

I would bet money TJ was acting under instruction.

Even if he wasn't it's fine. Do you reckon these kids won't go through hell if they play at the top level? Would you rather Tom prepare them for it or they get overwhelmed and feel like they don't belong the first time they get their head smashed into the turf after a tackle.

"PORT ARE SOFT FARKEN"

"DON'T DO THAT ITS MEAN!"

Another thing I noticed with the 6-6-6 was that the full forwards and full backs stayed in the goal squares for a long time. I don't think that's a requirement under the new rules (?) but it did make for a more traditional-looking set up for short periods on quite a few occasions. All the forwards made their way into the centre area once the ball was up the other end however.

Pushing their head into the ground afterward...just unnecessary. That’s not competitive, that’s being a bully. No one in the AFL is going to do that. Jonas was on the team that was getting flogged, so maybe he should have stopped trying to be a hard campaigner and started showing some real leadership by getting his side moving.

Have you ever watched a game of AFL before? Somebody does that 10 times a game.

Another thing I noticed with the 6-6-6 was that the full forwards and full backs stayed in the goal squares for a long time. I don't think that's a requirement under the new rules (?) but it did make for a more traditional-looking set up for short periods on quite a few occasions. All the forwards made their way into the centre area once the ball was up the other end however.
I hope you don’t mind the intrusion, just curious how the new rules worked.

So from what I can gather the half forward line are pushed up towards the 50 meter line but the full forward line are staying deep? Did this create a fair bit of space for this line to lead into?

Were the players grouped together or was there generally space between the groups of two, ie the forward and their direct opponent?

In general play did the teams drop a player back to make it a 7-6 as per the old days?

And one last one, the kick quick out, did the kick generally get to further up the ground?

Good presser. Spoke honestly. Ebo forward makes so much sense. Vossy had a nice smirk talking about Butters and his ability to hunt footy and not shy a contest...

I've been calling for Ebert to play forward for a couple of years now. Good mark. Good set shot. Has a defensive side so he can play on campaigners like Laird and make them accountable.

A player from each team has to start in the goal square but like 6 6 6 they can leave straight after the bounce

Did Cam Hewett do anything to suggest he is on the list for a reason other than having nude photos of kenny?

Seriously though, did Woodcock play? I think he is the only player on the list not mentioned in the thread......aside from his ‘hardness’
His best 22 prospects are firming

I hope you don’t mind the intrusion, just curious how the new rules worked.

So from what I can gather the half forward line are pushed up towards the 50 meter line but the full forward line are staying deep? Did this create a fair bit of space for this line to lead into?

Were the players grouped together or was there generally space between the groups of two, ie the forward and their direct opponent?

In general play did the teams drop a player back to make it a 7-6 as per the old days?

And one last one, the kick quick out, did the kick generally get to further up the ground?

Hopefully a more astute observer of the game can set you straight on some of these questions, but I'll have a go.
I reckon at least one of the half forwards stayed around 25m out on many occasions, but there was plenty of space for a full forward to lead into should the ball go forward relatively quickly.
The ones at the 50m line were close together - one of the videos posted by Boss351 give a brief look at the guys on the 50m line:

Can't help you with your last 2 questions I'm afraid

Hopefully a more astute observer of the game can set you straight on some of these questions, but I'll have a go.
I reckon at least one of the half forwards stayed around 25m out on many occasions, but there was plenty of space for a full forward to lead into should the ball go forward relatively quickly.
The ones at the 50m line were close together - one of the videos posted by Boss351 give a brief look at the guys on the 50m line:

Can't help you with your last 2 questions I'm afraid
Thanks mate

I disagree. That was match simulation and it’s clear TJ was told “make the kids earn and let’s see how they react”. ****ing good on him. They reckon Port Adelaide Intra club games and competitive training sessions were harder than actual games against opposition in the 50’s, 60’s and 70’s. Have a chat to Geof Motley next time you see him.
I can confirm that from the 77 side from my uncle and old man saying how ferocious their intra club games were, the stories I've heard if that happened yesterday this thread would be 2000 pages long and filled with outrage. Nothing wrong with Tommy throwing his weight around, the kids will get exactly the same when they play AFL and for the Maggies.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How did Duursma look for those there last night? Have been hearing a lot of feedback about Rozee all summer but not so much how Duursma is tracking or if could be a rnd 1 chance.
He didn't look lost, he was very involved in play and looked good on the wing. He also used the ball well. Some really nice kicks to advantage.

I can confirm that from the 77 side from my uncle and old man saying how ferocious their intra club games were, the stories I've heard if that happened yesterday this thread would be 2000 pages long and filled with outrage. Nothing wrong with Tommy throwing his weight around, the kids will get exactly the same when they play AFL and for the Maggies.

Agreed re how physical Maggies internal trials could be, I attended one in the early 70's when the late Bruce Light and a reserve's player named Chris Hunter got into a very physical altercation, and both landed some big hits.

That aside Tom Jonas's judgement as to when to hand out the physical stuff at crucial stages in the real stuff is what concerns me.

Making them earn it, that’s cool. Go as hard as you like. Not complaining about that.

Pushing their head into the ground afterward...just unnecessary. That’s not competitive, that’s being a bully. No one in the AFL is going to do that. Jonas was on the team that was getting flogged, so maybe he should have stopped trying to be a hard campaigner and started showing some real leadership by getting his side moving.
No, that’s showing them that they will have to put up with s**t during the season, if getting a drilling into the dirt puts you off your game or you can’t take it, then harden the * up.

Did Cam Hewett do anything to suggest he is on the list for a reason other than having nude photos of kenny?
mmmm......aah....... err....... nup
didn't get much of it from what I saw and even then wasn't all that clean. This year might be his last chance.

mmmm......aah....... err....... nup
didn't get much of it from what I saw and even then wasn't all that clean. This year might be his last chance.

I'm all for developing players, but four years for a non tall player who has shown nada and doesn't have a high ceiling is just weird. We must really love George? There's a mid year draft this year. Usually there will be some mature ager (not selected in previous draft) who by mid year would be rated as a second rounder. Seems a waste. Oh well. Hopefully Cam does something this year to show why he is rated.

Back