Marvel Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

It is hilarious looking back at all the posts saying “I don’t see what the big deal is” or “It’s no different to Etihad/Telstra Dome”.

The season has not even started and already we have seen the Dogs release the worst jumper of all time inspired by a cheesy Marvel character. It’s not like we ever saw St Kilda wear a strip inspired by an Arab flight attendant...

What’s next, goal umpires dressed up as Spider-Man? :drunk:
St Kilda have made radical changes to their jumper for promotional purposes long before Marvel bought naming rights to Docklands, and they aren't the only ones.

I have not read anything that suggests the Bulldogs are being forced to wear the Thor-rible jumper, which was the crux of the hysteria in this thread. Find a quote or line from a report to the contrary and you have a point.

It is hilarious looking back at all the posts saying “I don’t see what the big deal is” or “It’s no different to Etihad/Telstra Dome”.

The season has not even started and already we have seen the Dogs release the worst jumper of all time inspired by a cheesy Marvel character. It’s not like we ever saw St Kilda wear a strip inspired by an Arab flight attendant...

What’s next, goal umpires dressed up as Spider-Man? :drunk:

It is funny that people are still hysterical about it

The bulldogs get a bit of coin that ultimately takes a bit of pressure off the AFL funding model

St Kilda have made radical changes to their jumper for promotional purposes long before Marvel bought naming rights to Docklands, and they aren't the only ones.

I have not read anything that suggests the Bulldogs are being forced to wear the Thor-rible jumper, which was the crux of the hysteria in this thread. Find a quote or line from a report to the contrary and you have a point.

Almost all jumper changes in the past have involved a simple colour change (the yellow Pura Light milk St Kilda jumper, the light blue M&M Carlton jumper, the Orange Mobile Kangaroos jumper etc.). No-one has ever gone to the extreme of making a lame armour imitation design that looks like pokemon balls.

"The Thor-inspired guernsey was unveiled by Wood at Tuesday night’s jumper presentation and marks the first match at the newly renamed Marvel Stadium."

“Kids see us as superheroes and role models, just as they see the Marvel characters on the big screen, and now we can combine the two through footy, which is a unique and exciting opportunity.”

Marvel have clearly influenced this jumper and it certainly would not have happened if Etihad retained the naming rights. I'm not sure why you're trying to deny any sort of link.

The bulldogs get a bit of coin that ultimately takes a bit of pressure off the AFL funding model

I'd rather the bulldogs got a portion of the $3.56m in bonuses that AFL executives took home last year to save them from shitting on the legacy of the club and embarrassing their fans.

Exactly. People will lose their mind over the most stupid s**t these days and if anyone thinks it's the worst jumper ever then they clearly haven't checked out the rich tapestry of Hawthorn abominations throughout history.

Exactly. People will lose their mind over the most stupid s**t these days and if anyone thinks it's the worst jumper ever then they clearly haven't checked out the rich tapestry of Hawthorn abominations throughout history.

No, the "Thor-dogs" design has taken the worst jumper title from Hawthorn's 1995 pre-season diamond jumper for mine. You'd have to be either a massive comic book geek or child to think otherwise.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remember the Carlton mnm jumpers? The AFL sold its soul to the corporate world a looonnnng time ago, people are just nostalgic. Thats not saying I don't hate the Bulldogs jumper, I absolutely do

Meh if fans say nothing, this s**t will only get worse. Maybe Essendon will decide to dress the playing group up as 22 Hannah Mouncey’s to celebrate the transgender community next time?

Now that would be amusing.
:( If you need a hug because nobody is paying your hysterical shouting enough attention I'm here for you mate.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back