Marvel Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Etihad Stadium(or Marvel Stadium) is a dump of a ground. s**t seats no atmosphere and no one attendances the stadium. Bulldoze the ground and build a 70,000 stadium with no roof.

Collingwood use to get 45-48,000 to every Etihad game now we along with Richmond and hawthorn struggle to get close to 40,000. Fans hate the ground with all the restricted viewing.
Magneto could bulldoze it in seconds.

Goodbye Etihad.

Marvel Stadium it shall be known as from September 1st for 8 years

Thoughts!?
Embarrassing.

Trojan Stadium?

Literally should just be called "sell out stadium"

ITT people showing they can get outraged over anything.

"Lol how lame naming it Marvel."

"Why is Etihad or Telstra or Colonial or Optus or Spotless better?"

*crickets*

It is clearly more than just a name change. You and so many others in this thread are missing the point entirely.

Marvel/Disney/whoever obviously plan to bombard us with their mythical superheroes and take the gameday experience “to the next level”. Personally, I do not care for this cheesy fantasy crap and would prefer my football gameday experience was not invaded by comic book characters.

Corporate brands like Etihad/Telstra/Optus are better/preferable because their advertisements are subtle in comparison to what Marvel will throw at us.

Melbourne is crying out for a 3rd suburban boutique stadium more than ever now.

Funny how people get so mad about s**t that just doesn’t matter.
Most stadiums have corporate names these days, most people have a name for each stadium that they use that doesn’t change with each sponsorship change.

I call it ‘the dome’ coz for me it seems right and rolls off the tongue. Some people call it docklands and seem to take great pride in that. I really don’t get the people that get angry about this.

Never watched these movies, no idea what all these references mean.

Hope the AFL provide some kind of character catch up for all of us ignorants.

The only one who sounds familiar is Magneto and Titanium man....

Don't see how people have a problem with this but etihad/optus/AAMI is okay

The only problem I have is that they've said there will be related activities etc. All I want to do is watch the footy. If we have to have naming rights for stadiums so be it, but we have enough non-footy crap going on already without some extra Disney stuff as well, IMO. Maybe others like the idea of that but I am only interested in footy and wish the AFL would just focus on that.

Funny how people get so mad about s**t that just doesn’t matter.
Most stadiums have corporate names these days, most people have a name for each stadium that they use that doesn’t change with each sponsorship change.

I call it ‘the dome’ coz for me it seems right and rolls off the tongue. Some people call it docklands and seem to take great pride in that. I really don’t get the people that get angry about this.
It is possible to think something is a bit s**t without assuming they are 'outraged' or melting down. Pretty much everything spoken about on this board is trivial, including the football itself, so nothing wrong with having an opinion on it.

Don't see how people have a problem with this but etihad/optus/AAMI is okay
What about those of us that had a problem with Etihad/Optus/AAMI; can we be annoyed? Seriously, Bill Hicks had the right idea about marketing almost 30 years ago.

I would not be surprised if it was announced a deal for tenant clubs to wear marvel superhero themed match day jumpers ala NRL.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Never watched these movies, no idea what all these references mean.

Hope the AFL provide some kind of character catch up for all of us ignorants.

The only one who sounds familiar is Magneto and Titanium man....

It wasnt long till the robbery that was due to happen at a quarter to three in the Main Street.....

I would not be surprised if it was announced a deal for tenant clubs to wear marvel superhero themed match day jumpers ala NRL.

Home sides wear capes, away team tackling numbers go through the roof (roof to be left open).

Away side supporters can wear those Batman v Superman hats they put out two years ago, just to enhance the rivalry.

I couldn't quite believe it when I heard the news lol. It could be quite amusing. I'm not a fan of stadiums being named after companies in general, though, it's getting quite ridiculous. I doubt few except those who have to refer to Kardinia Park as GMHBGBA stadium or whatever.

Etihad Stadium(or Marvel Stadium) is a dump of a ground. s**t seats no atmosphere and no one attendances the stadium. Bulldoze the ground and build a 70,000 stadium with no roof.

Collingwood use to get 45-48,000 to every Etihad game now we along with Richmond and hawthorn struggle to get close to 40,000. Fans hate the ground with all the restricted viewing.
So Collingwood used to get 45000 plus to games at the same stadium with the same restricted viewing that they can't get 40000 to now?

It is hilarious looking back at all the posts saying “I don’t see what the big deal is” or “It’s no different to Etihad/Telstra Dome”.

The season has not even started and already we have seen the Dogs release the worst jumper of all time inspired by a cheesy Marvel character. It’s not like we ever saw St Kilda wear a strip inspired by an Arab flight attendant...

What’s next, goal umpires dressed up as Spider-Man? :drunk:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back