Dom Sheed 'on the verge of greatness'

avishka5

150 game legend.
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Zombie Lover
Sep 1, 2014
Perth SOR
AFL Club
West Coast
Just watched the mini Doc. Had a tears running down my face. Love the bit where they show Dom down in the dumps for EP and then transition to him celebrating after nailing an all time classic. A true redemption story that.

Doashuey

Premiership Player
Sep 13, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Just watched the mini Doc. Had a tears running down my face. Love the bit where they show Dom down in the dumps for EP and then transition to him celebrating after nailing an all time classic. A true redemption story that.
Link?

liam123

Club Legend
Sep 29, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
Don’t get me wrong I love him for what he did.

However, considering he was in poor form for much of last season I don’t think we can judge him to be on the verge of greatness due to 1 straight kick and strong preseason form.

Here’s to hoping he turns A grade this season though

jesterwester

Premiership Player
May 1, 2007
Australind
AFL Club
West Coast
Really excited to see what Dom can do this year. It really looks like he’s hit this year with the belief he not only belongs, but belongs on the top tier.

I don’t think that’s just that kick though, either- his finals series in general was exceptional so I think the penny had dropped a bit earlier. Is he set for greatness? Boy, I hope so.

Doesn’t seem like the additional fame has gone to his head. I keep on coming back to this on what a premiership can do to a footballer.
4DB3C975-A84D-4A74-B33E-6462CFD88335.jpeg

avishka5

150 game legend.
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Zombie Lover
Sep 1, 2014
Perth SOR
AFL Club
West Coast
Don’t get me wrong I love him for what he did.

However, considering he was in poor form for much of last season I don’t think we can judge him to be on the verge of greatness due to 1 straight kick and strong preseason form.

Here’s to hoping he turns A grade this season though
His finals series was elite. He was moved on ball and matched it with two of the best midfield units in the game. It wasn't just one kick etc.

He's got the haul marks to be a clearance/stoppage beast. Its up to him cause his tank has been poor throughout his career.

Last season we just couldn't fit him in our best side and he suffered as a result. His finals and JLT form warrants him a spot in our 22. Masto might have to make way with Gaff taking the main wing spot, while Sheed, Redden, Hutchings and a Venables all rotate through there.

Trouto

Premiership Player
Jul 3, 2007
Bunbury
AFL Club
West Coast
Sometimes it is just up to the player to realise his own potential. Perhaps Dom knows he is good now after the 2018 finals and will no longer doubt himself?

Truckosaurus

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 19, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Really excited to see what Dom can do this year. It really looks like he’s hit this year with the belief he not only belongs, but belongs on the top tier.

I don’t think that’s just that kick though, either- his finals series in general was exceptional so I think the penny had dropped a bit earlier. Is he set for greatness? Boy, I hope so.

Doesn’t seem like the additional fame has gone to his head. I keep on coming back to this on what a premiership can do to a footballer. View attachment 635212

Libba was already a ******* though.

GoGeta

Team Captain
Mar 4, 2013
Vic
AFL Club
Geelong

Doesn’t seem like the additional fame has gone to his head. I keep on coming back to this on what a premiership can do to a footballer. View attachment 635212

You laugh now but when the ''Friar Tuck'' catches on, the joke will be on you!

Apr 30, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Anyone else watch tonight's game and whenever the ball was up the Punt Rd end right forward pocket just think of it as Sheed's pocket, kind of like Eddie's pocket at Adelaide oval?
Sure did.

Can't wait till they do a Toyota ad re-enactment of it someday. I can visualise it now - Steven Curry could play Maynard and get virtually mugged by the other guy playing Rioli. Sheed takes a mark and runs all the way to the goalsquare before putting his hands up to say 'I'll just take the set shot.' Followed by about 9 takes of him missing the set shot before finally getting it right for the cameras. Cue celebrations.

Back