Autopsy Hawks fall in a heap against the Dogs - Rd 2, 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Those uneducated low life human beings that called themselves "umpires" yesterday should be absolutely ashamed of themselves, not even their own mothers could have loved them yesterday. But I suppose when they have Gill's hands up their arses pulling the strings, then we have no chance.

So we have all mentioned those bloody awful free kicks that turned the game somewhat, but the one that was straight out cheating, corrupt etc was Hendo's deliberate.
I don't care who you are, but that was just a bung of a kick that came of the side of his boot and a complete accident and for it to be called deliberate was and is, a complete bloody disgrace!!

Credit where credit is due, the Dogs were just better, they wanted it more than us and if our players think that you can let the oppo score 9 goals to 1 in a qtr and still think you will win the game.......well......? I don't even know what to say!?

I will mention Smith and Bruest, I admit that a lot of our players were off or just downright lazy yesterday, but these 2 need to get their heads out of each others arses and play footy instead of thinking they are invincible and can do whatever they want...........Infuriating!

Oh and our club will not do anything about the woeful umpiring. We better respond next week.

we played that bad that we made caleb Daniel look like a star fmd.we turned up expecting to win and got our right wack...ive seen it so often we get on top think weve done enough then go to sleep,its attitude that cost us yesterday not umpires...umpiring while not great is a easy cop out

Piss of crab, it wasn’t a brain fade by O’Meara, it was a push to the chest that happens 100 times a game. The Sicily one was even worse and the Worpel decision a joke as the umpire hadn’t even started his walk into bounce the ball. Now piss off back to your own board and hope you’re crap poor club is enjoying living on handouts from all of us wealthy clubs who are run properly.
I'll be absolutely livid if the AFL don't come out and say the following decisions (all in the 4th) were wrong:

- Jaegar tap to the chest resulting in Rough kick at goal overturned
- Scully 50 after getting told 'play on'
- Sicily decision with scores level

I'll be absolutely livid if the AFL don't come out and say the following decisions (all in the 4th) were wrong:

- Jaegar tap to the chest resulting in Rough kick at goal overturned
- Scully 50 after getting told 'play on'
- Sicily decision with scores level

I think the worpel free is the most outrageously incorrect one, purely due to the fact that within the AFL rules it nowhere states you can give a free kick for what Worpel did prior to the centre bounce. It is literally not a rule where as the punch/pushing debacle is up to "interpretation"

Not sure if it is a fitness issue but our last quarters have been a problem in both games and the JLT.

Hmmm this is something I am monitoring really closely this year with Russell gone.

I know it was JLT but we had zero run after half time against the Tigers and yesterday during the last qtr we looked as tho every petrol ticket we had was spent during the 3rd qtr charge.

we played that bad that we made caleb Daniel look like a star fmd.we turned up expecting to win and got our right wack...ive seen it so often we get on top think weve done enough then go to sleep,its attitude that cost us yesterday not umpires...umpiring while not great is a easy cop out

Very very good call. Hawthorn don’t like being front runners. The ease we got our soft goals in the first qtr had me concerned...... and we continued to try and play the same way.

Is there footage anywhere of Worpel in the circle? The AFL app highlights package conveniently shows the free kick being taken but not the offence.

Also any footage of Scully 50m? At the game on the big screen replay I thought he may have moved after the ump decided he had played on but just before the ump actually called play on and when the ump realised this he decided to give 50 instead, even though all parties knew he had played on. Surely you let that go rather than punish him for you being slow to signal the decision.

Is there footage anywhere of Worpel in the circle? The AFL app highlights package conveniently shows the free kick being taken but not the offence.

Also any footage of Scully 50m? At the game on the big screen replay I thought he may have moved after the ump decided he had played on but just before the ump actually called play on and when the ump realised this he decided to give 50 instead, even though all parties knew he had played on. Surely you let that go rather than punish him for being slow to signal the decision.
I watched the replay of the Scully free at the ground. He moved as the umpire was raising his arms calling play on. Not before.

Titus O'Reily... https://www.titusoreily.com/afl/the-monday-knee-jerk-reaction-afl-round-two

You know a decision is bad when you feel sorry for James Sicily. The one that occurred during the centre bounce was not soft, it wasn’t there.
If they call those, then they’ll be forty free kicks before the opening bounce on Grand Final day when everyone bumps each other a bit.
The Bulldogs can only take what’s given to them, and it’s not their fault the umpires had been instructed by AFL House to ensure Hawthorn lost.
The Doggies have to be commended for getting back into the game after letting it slip and for the first time in some time, they showed some slick and enthusiastic ball movement.
Added to that the performance of Josh Schache and Bulldogs fans can have some hope for the year.
The Hawks can’t blame blowing a five-goal lead at three-quarter time solely on the umpires; they’d been giving up a lot of inside 50s all game.
But losing the momentum through those decisions put some context around this loss.
Clarko’s coffee with Gil this week is going to have a lot of yelling.

Umpire made a mistake on the ruling wrt Worpel. He had nut begun his run in to bounce at that point. We were screwed all day, just ask the neutrals.
Umpire told Hawks players to clear the circle, Whorpel took the longest route through, delaying the ball up. If it was a deliberate ploy it got pinged. He doesn't seem a dumb player (I like him), so maybe it was deliberate. Clarkos been very creative with rule interpretation for a long time (blocking the man on the mark etc), maybe this was a way of delaying a restart, we were on a roll at the time after all.
Most everyone agrees the Schache free shouldn't have been paid, very soft and a crucial time, Im not sure you can extrapolate that to the whole day. As always there were some decisions each side questioned/feels hard done by. That's the nature of our game.
The 6-6-6 rule didn't help your blokes (you couldn't flood back to stop us). But both teams played to the same rules, we got pinged earlier in the game. Clarko still got it right, the better team won on the day.

thats the first game ive seen since Lloyd got 3-4 goals gifted to him in the first quarter of the 2001 prelim final that felt like the umps actually cheated for our opponents.
I take it you slept through the 3rd q of the 2013 prelim...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There was little to discuss, but a couple of observations:

1. Having sat in the same seats for 11 years, it was strange to be in seats about 20 metres away, but away from old friends; it is a gold Member Reserve section, but we were infiltrated by Footscray people who just took advantage of lax security. Davo23 was a bit embarrassed to get into an altercation in front of family: apparently, saying "Go back to Footscray" is a pretty severe insult, and the opposition "ladies" near us felt that was sufficient to unload their vitriol on us!

2. The whole result came down to some fortunate free kicks and lack of run in the last quarter; the latter was understandable after 2 very important midfielders were injured; the former were not.

3. I'm still in shock: I can't remember ever being at a Hawks game and seeing such a capitulation, even in the terrible early 1960's. Plenty for the coach to work with, I guess.

Forget that one, let's prepare for next week.

Go Hawks

Wasn't there a game against Brisbane Lions, with the Sam Mitchell deliberate kick? Can't remember when that was

-1. Jaegar tap to the chest resulting in Rough kick at goal overturned
2. Scully 50 after getting told 'play on'
3. Sicily decision from the centre bounce
4. Worpel in the middle
5. Picking out Impey on Gowers when the umpire saw both use clenched fists on each other
6. Hendo deliberate out of bounds

That's 6 clear cut wrong decisions with 4 coming in the last term. That is definitely enough to influence a game & these umpires should be dropped for this week.

We still should have held on to a 5 goal lead but oh man the umpires definitely helped get the dogs over the line.

Umpire told Hawks players to clear the circle, Whorpel took the longest route through, delaying the ball up. If it was a deliberate ploy it got pinged. He doesn't seem a dumb player (I like him), so maybe it was deliberate. Clarkos been very creative with rule interpretation for a long time (blocking the man on the mark etc), maybe this was a way of delaying a restart, we were on a roll at the time after all.
Most everyone agrees the Schache free shouldn't have been paid, very soft and a crucial time, Im not sure you can extrapolate that to the whole day. As always there were some decisions each side questioned/feels hard done by. That's the nature of our game.
The 6-6-6 rule didn't help your blokes (you couldn't flood back to stop us). But both teams played to the same rules, we got pinged earlier in the game. Clarko still got it right, the better team won on the day.

Go back to Footiscray, mate.

Umpires gave you the game.

Wasn't there a game against Brisbane Lions, with the Sam Mitchell deliberate kick? Can't remember when that was

It was a game against Brisbane, where Dunstall took the players into the shade of the stand.
We then got run down in the last quarter.

He still takes stick for it.

That is the problem you didn't get pinged early. FFS Gowers did first to Impy what Impy did as per the rest of the bullshit "pushing" frees. If you cannot see you got more than a fare advantage take off the RWB glasses and listen to the neutrals. Where did you hear the umpire ask to clear the circle?

The worpel free was incorrect and not paid due to delaying the game, rather it was incorrectly paid for entering the centre circle before the bounce. If it was paid for delaying the game would've been just as bullshit

That is the problem you didn't get pinged early. FFS Gowers did first to Impy what Impy did as per the rest of the bullshit "pushing" frees. If you cannot see you got more than a fare advantage take off the RWB glasses and listen to the neutrals. Where did you hear the umpire ask to clear the circle?
On the telecast, and its still there on the replay

The worpel free was incorrect and not paid due to delaying the game, rather it was incorrectly paid for entering the centre circle before the bounce. If it was paid for delaying the game would've been just as bullshit
During the act of bouncing you mean? As per the rule

Refer to post #556 regarding the dodgy frees.

There were clearly 2 sets of rules going on yesterday. That final quarter was particularly one sided, and combined with the pressure bulldogs applied (credit where due), it ensured that we had no chance of defending our lead. No matter how you spin it, it was disgraceful. #FREEKICKBULLDOGS

Remove this Banner Ad

Back