The Grand Tour (Clarkson, Hammond and May) - Amazon Prime

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't know if any one here cares any more, but the last season of TGT started last week.

Three episodes are available so far - an episode in Detroit featuring 3 modern muscle cars (the top of the line Mustang, Challenger & Camaro), and a 2 part special in Colombia where they were tasked with doing some wildlife photography.

They've gone from strength to strength. The opening episode was good - especially after they listened to fan feedback and ditched the celebrity section.

The last special had all the magic back - we know it's scripted but they mostly made it feel like it wasn't scripted. Just three middle aged British men with wildly different personalities giving s**t to each other in a foreign location.

And next season is nothing but specials...

I thought the first episode was just okay. Maybe I just don't appreciate their humour any more, but watching Jeremy drive over multiple gardens because he doesn't like vegetables wasn't funny

The special, particularly the second part of it, was as good as Top Gear used to be back when they were the hosts. The obviously scripted stuff was a bit grating imo (making obvious jokes about cocaine but not say the word isn't clever), but some of the "unintentional" stuff was genuinely funny

Don't know if any one here cares any more, but the last season of TGT started last week.

Three episodes are available so far - an episode in Detroit featuring 3 modern muscle cars (the top of the line Mustang, Challenger & Camaro), and a 2 part special in Colombia where they were tasked with doing some wildlife photography.

Thanks for the reminder. Some of the stuff they do falls flat but some of it is the funniest TV.

Second best special the boys have ever done.
The best ones are done in South America IMO.

Second best special the boys have ever done.
The best ones are done in South America IMO.

Vietnam probably shades this and the Bolivia special.

The Argentina one was okay imo, more infamous for what happened in the end.

That moment when May threw a rock after Clarkson ran into his car while he was examining it was probably genuine.

Vietnam probably shades this and the Bolivia special.

The Argentina one was okay imo, more infamous for what happened in the end.

That moment when May threw a rock after Clarkson ran into his car while he was examining it was probably genuine.
Agreed. When Clarkson is suprised and shits himself, you can defenitly tell it's not scripted.

Good to see some of old Top Gear crew are still with the boys at Amazon and I'm pretty sure the guy who lost his hand (forgot his name) who was in the soccer match was in one of those international Top Gear v british Top Gear challenge.

Agreed. When Clarkson is suprised and shits himself, you can defenitly tell it's not scripted.

Good to see some of old Top Gear crew are still with the boys at Amazon and I'm pretty sure the guy who lost his hand (forgot his name) who was in the soccer match was in one of those international Top Gear v british Top Gear challenge.

Yep, it's the same person.

"How can it be handball? He doesn't have a hand!"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This was probably the best episode of the season so far. In-depth pieces on some interesting cars and then a brilliant tribute to Jim Clark meant there was very little wasted airtime and no obvious scripted attempts to be funny.

Even the Conversation Street segment was good with Hammond's horse rant (even if that was scripted, it was delivered in a way that made it seem like he's said something like that in the past)

This was probably the best episode of the season so far. In-depth pieces on some interesting cars and then a brilliant tribute to Jim Clark meant there was very little wasted airtime and no obvious scripted attempts to be funny.

Even the Conversation Street segment was good with Hammond's horse rant (even if that was scripted, it was delivered in a way that made it seem like he's said something like that in the past)
Little wasted airtime... that rant. Hmmm. Does nobody see the contradiction here?

I think this series is the best so far. A lot of quality stuff and they've skipped much of the boring stuff that didn't quite work.

I was curious and checked out the latest Top Gear series. That has also improved. I like all three presenters. The banter is a scripted but mostly works. Some of the segments are trying to reproduce the silliness of Clarkson, Hammond and May. It lacks the interplay between the old and cranky mates but it's still very watchable.

I can't see my right side mirror because of my sauna. A line that should never be said. Smh

Sent from my HTC 2PS5200 using Tapatalk

Yep.

I was a little annoyed by Clarkson at the start, mostly because those jokes are overplayed by this point, but the rest of the episode was brilliant and more than made up for it. Up there with Vietnam, Boliva and the Africa specials as the very best of what these guys have done

Lol thought what they did to Hammond and driving was funny. Showed Mongolia as a beautiful country and was different to them all having different cars.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back