Autopsy North v Hawthorn post match thread. - Rd 3, 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Ziebell and Tarrant are two of my favourite players - but those two misses and Tarrant’s ‘pass’ signed, sealed and delivered our fate. Our coach is a ******* idiot but let’s be real our on-field leadership is letting us down BAD.

This is it.

kangatime - I"m beginning to think you were right about getting Rozee.

Basically the upbeat of his latest propaganda presser was that if teams keep slogging away they "come out alright in the end"

This slip belies his mentality. He thinks being "alright" is an achievement.

Was it worth the risk when we just traded in Hall and Polec? Not to mention drafting Scott.

I'm not the biggest fan of the current crop of fitness gurus but Scully had red flags all over him. We don't have the best track record for ankle and foot injuries either.

If they are willing to have Garns (no dig at him) on the list for 6 years, then taking Scully for nothing is a no brainer to me.

LMac was s**t! My favourite moment was when the ball was kicked into the forward 50 by Hawthorn, LMac 1 on 1 with Bruest, you could tell by the type on kick and the way the ball was spinning that it was going to fall short yet LMac elected to play from behind and was comfortably outmarked to the point where he was barely in the contest. The guy is brain dead as a footballer. Sorry
He's had worse games but yes that wasn't great.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Basically the upbeat of his latest propaganda presser was that if teams keep slogging away they "come out alright in the end"

This slip belies his mentality. He thinks being "alright" is an achievement.

I’m more pissed about the presser than anything else today.

Scott has lost the ******* plot

LDU(19), Thomas(19), Scott(18), Ahern(22), Walker(20) and Taylor(19), this is a ton more midfield talent than Laidley left Scott, but they need a better quality coach if we are going to turn them into elite footballers. The question is will they get developed better than the other kids Brad has had access to.
In fairness:

Jack Ziebells was only 19 when Scotts took over, and looked like a brilliant prospect at the time.
Levi Greenwood was 20 when Scotts took over, taken at pick 32 and so highly-regarded he was compared to Archer.
Andrew Swallow was only 22 when Scotts took over.
Matt Riggio was 21 when Scotts took over, taken at #28 and rated highly.

On paper, at the time, were these guys so much worse than the youngsters today?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In fairness:

Jack Ziebells was only 19 when Scotts took over, and looked like a brilliant prospect at the time.
Levi Greenwood was 20 when Scotts took over, taken at pick 32 and so highly-regarded he was compared to Archer.

Ziebell, Atley, Greenwood, McDonald the high profile names who have failed to develop under Scott.

His player development across his tenure has been a steaming pile of dogshit outside of Cunnington and Brown.

2 players he has developed in 10 years. 2 ******* players.

In fairness:

Swallow was a gun until he did his Achilles but we had the inability to play Swallow, Cunnington, Ziebell and Greenwood in the same midfield, 2 were probably a maximum in terms of on the ground at the same time. Ben only blossomed when Swallow went down and Ziebell had his run of injuries and suspensions that year. Levi was pants until he had the opportunity to play his best role. We also got hit with the interchange cap when Cunners and Ziebell were country boys with no tank, I can't fault Brad for a lack of a crystal ball. However, we had a tendency to pick sliders, we were most likely going to take Sidebottom until Ziebell slid. We took Atley because he slid, etc. I am not sure we ended up recruiting the kind of players we were looking for, mostly made last minute decisions on a lot of players we ended up taking.

But yeah, we butchered a lot of talent during Brad's time.

It should be mentioned here.

Tom Scully was interested in coming to us last year. But failed a medical with us....yet came back to play round 2 for the hawks.

If that isn’t an indictment on our medical staff then I don’t know what is.

Could sure use his skills off half back right now.

List management weren’t keen either because they thought Tyson was better for team balance...yeah because we needed another slow inside mid.

**** me.
Sorry but that's wrong. Scully was only going to Hawthorn.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

As an avid reader but not as avid poster, i was determined not to come here to read all this and get my mood further down. But somehow here we are.

Firstly the list is fine.

And i’ve been a big fan of brads even through 2017. And still believe he is a “good bloke”.

But the confusion that is written across all the players faces is evident. A smart person is someone who can explain something complicated, to a child. Brad cannot do this. The players uncertainty with ball in hand, fear of mistakes and unmistakable positioning errors are down to what is deployed in the coaches box.

You could see clarko changing things in front of you and you could see brad rolling onto plan B which consisted of rolling Ziebell into the middle. Annnnnd not much else.

Heck i even smiled when thomas kicked that 45 degree pass right into the middle to 3 hawthorn bloke because it was obviously his instinctive brain telling him where our players should have been to take the game on, VS where brad told them to be, which is so obviously unnatural.

Now this post is going no where like this club who i dearly adore as a paid up member for many years but geewhiz, i can live with players playing bad because they will come good, the when it’s coming from the box what hope do the lads have.

Ahh heck it, i’ve made myself moody

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

It should be mentioned here.

Tom Scully was interested in coming to us last year. But failed a medical with us....yet came back to play round 2 for the hawks.

If that isn’t an indictment on our medical staff then I don’t know what is.

Could sure use his skills off half back right now.

List management weren’t keen either because they thought Tyson was better for team balance...yeah because we needed another slow inside mid.

**** me.

Dusty and Gaff say hi

Remove this Banner Ad

Back