Review Round 3 vs Bulldogs @ Marvel Stadium. Sunday 2:20pm

Remove this Banner Ad

The youngest team again this round and we again were able to run out the game. Just love it.

For interest, our average age was 24y0mth, Dogs were second youngest, 24y3m. Surprisingly, Richmond was the 3rd, 24y4m. So called young teams Carlton and Lions were 24y9m and 25y2m (same as Port), respectively.

To see Suns jumping Dogs was wonderful. Some exciting links through the middle. One could see better synergy and boost in confidence. In the 2nd QTR Dogs came back strongly. But our defence was fantastic and we were able to absorb the pressure and adjust in the last 7 min of the quarter. I thought we should had put Dogs away in 3rd QTR. In the last quarter, 4-6 umps calls were shockers plus some silly mistakes from kick-ins late.

Still a lot of work in the midfield, especially to take advantage of Witts's taps. Somehow we were able to mitigate Dogs dominance in clearances. But make no mistake Dogs midfield is elite and play together for some time. Dogs is actually a very good team and I predict they make finals.

Many players played well. But for me it was defence, Hombsh and Collins. Harbrow, Weller, Hanley run from HB was also great. Miller had a fantastic start to the season, Bowes and Fiorini as well. Martin is starting to deliver on his promise.

Carlton humiliated us the last 2 years at home. Time for payback.

At the start of the season didn't know what to expect from the Suns would the doomsdayers be right or the good vibes coming
from within the club give us supporters a glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel.
So far have been absolutely thrilled with the way we have performed.Not just because we have won 2 games but the determination and
desire we have shown to never give in.
The great sign from yesterdays game was trying to pick our best five players it was so difficult because any one of a dozen players
could have been chosen, cannot remember this happening ever before.
Yes we still have a long long way to go but the harmony and connection between the players is as good as of I have ever seen from the Suns.
Next weeks game will be a massive challenge once again ,Carlton flogged us last time so we will need to have the same intensity as the
first three games.
Particularly pleasing so far is the general improvement in all our young players who are starting to believe they belong in the big time.
Will be nice to see a few of our injured players returning to the NEAFL team to give them a chance to win a few games.
I don't usually bag players for leaving clubs because that's the way of the world but what I do dislike is these players bagging
the club that gave them the opportunity to play AFL at the top level.
Joke Of The Week !
Aaron Hall left the Suns ( actually we didn't want him) because he was frustrated playing in a losing team (good luck Aaron)
Your frustrations may just last a little bit longer.
Tool Of The Week
Steven May and his Melbourne cronies blaming Suns for him coming back to preseason training totally unfit.
So called professional on $700000Plus a year only has only one person to blame ,he sees him every day when he looks in the mirror.
I played with country footballers who got paid zilch but played football in peak condition.
Pathetic excuse.
Have a good week all Suns supporters .

We were paying $5 to win yesterday just saying. Who raked it in?
I got gunshy after losing a bit on the round 1 loss.

Clearly I'm not going to bet if we're going to continue to pick up dubs.

SUNS can attest to me being the world's unluckiest man though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not quite worth the cash out yet - hope we scrape the 8 and they throw the kitchen sink at me

haha, best of luck with it!
If we win this weekend I'd be taking your money.

I had Suns >2.5 wins for the season with a few basketball bets in a multi
Just need Suns to win one more and either Toronto or Milwaukee to win the East and I'm laughing.

haha, best of luck with it!
If we win this weekend I'd be taking your money.

I had Suns >2.5 wins for the season with a few basketball bets in a multi
Just need Suns to win one more and either Toronto or Milwaukee to win the East and I'm laughing.
Regular season or ECF?

I think you're laughing, The Bucks look the goods.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back