Opinion Commentary & Media III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
G'day Rob,

Firstly, I'm well aware of the roles youve played over the past decade. I appreciate the work youve done more than you know but my frustration lies in the lack of content that Im not used to with north media. Yourself and Heath (and obviously others) set the bar quite high in terms of the consistent flow of content the media team would put out on a weekly basis (clearly led the league and was a point of pride) but its dried up considerably. I would just love to see more of the club on a daily basis. Basic interviews or similarly shot features with some overlay of training comes maybe once a week now. I understand theres 3 teams and theres alot of other work we don't see but media teams have atleast doubled in size in the AFL. We used to get one or two videos each day (which I was always keen to see come 4 or 5 o clock). I used to feel as though I'd spent time at the club each day with the comms you gave but now I have no idea whats going on.

P.S. I was a bit premature with the media conference because its usually up within a half hour on youtube or facebook and it was a good 5 or 6 hours post so apologies for that.

Cheers.

Thanks a lot for the feedback.

Certainly agree that the player content is our greatest asset and something we are hoping to keep growing.

It can be a little bit about judging the current climate in terms of angles and sentiment at times. Putting out multiple player interviews this week for example isn't going to be received well, given the on-field fortunes and frustration from fans, so we need to focus on things like VFL performances and those pushing up. It's a bit of a balancing act, as sometimes forcing content can have a negative impact.

A good example of this is how we highlighted Ben Cunnington's performance after the game on Sunday for our full-time Instagram post - it arguably made for a more negative vibe in the comments because it came across like we were trying to soften the blow of the loss.

Will definitely take your feedback on board, as we want to make sure the website/app are constantly ticking over with fresh content.

Thanks again and appreciate the support.
Rob.

Certainly agree that the player content is our greatest asset and something we are hoping to keep growing.

It can be a little bit about judging the current climate in terms of angles and sentiment at times. Putting out multiple player interviews this week for example isn't going to be received well, given the on-field fortunes and frustration from fans, so we need to focus on things like VFL performances and those pushing up. It's a bit of a balancing act, as sometimes forcing content can have a negative impact.

A good example of this is how we highlighted Ben Cunnington's performance after the game on Sunday for our full-time Instagram post - it arguably made for a more negative vibe in the comments because it came across like we were trying to soften the blow of the loss.

Will definitely take your feedback on board, as we want to make sure the website/app are constantly ticking over with fresh content.

Rob.
Everything the club puts out at present is on the nose. How is that WE ARE NEVER BEATEN video released that celebrates finishing 9th going? Yeah we showed 'em. How embarrassing to celebrate mediocrity. We have become the epitome of mediocrity and no matter how many fluff pieces are released won't change that.

We've lost our focus on why we exist because it isn't about winning premierships under this coach but hey as long as each player leaves the club with a house.

Everything the club puts out at present is on the nose. How is that WE ARE NEVER BEATEN video released that celebrates finishing 9th going? Yeah we showed 'em. How embarrassing to celebrate mediocrity. We have become the epitome of mediocrity and no matter how many fluff pieces are released won't change that.

We've lost our focus on why we exist because it isn't about winning premierships under this coach but hey as long as each player leaves the club with a house.
This isnt an oppurtunity to attack the one guy thats opened a bit of communication. Relax.

Is this it? Is this the start of some actual pressure being put onto the club to deliver onfield?
In a word, no.

He's the only journo to even give us a cursory glance.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The only thing more shitful than our team performance is having to scroll and skip through all the posts containing a side jab at the club.

Pull yourself together and have your whinge on the applicable thread, no one wants your constant 'put-down humor'.

Rob.

So when we are losing, we all go into hiding? Great leadership!

The only thing more shitful than our team performance is having to scroll and skip through all the posts containing a side jab at the club.

Pull yourself together and have your whinge on the applicable thread, no one wants your constant 'put-down humor'.
So you're whinging about the whinging not being in the appropriate thread?

And your posting this in a thread titled Commentary and Media?

How does that work?

So when we are losing, we all go into hiding? Great leadership!
He didn’t say that either. I appreciate hearing they are aware of the reactions and the difficulty of finding the right balance when the team isn’t performing well.

Some of us would like to hear an open acknowledgement of missteps and commitment to change, but there are a range of audiences they are reaching and I understand it isn’t easy.

No one or just you. Don't like it then tough, don't read it or put everyone on ignore like I am about to do with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back