Discussion Round 4, 2019 - Photos and Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Unless it's against Carlton/Melbourne (navy back)/Adelaide or a black team, I would prefer this. There's absolutely no clash here and Geelong in navy shorts is mint.

I mean, it’s not a clash but it just goes against everything we stand for on the board, and also goes against everything we thought we knew in regards to light/dark

The Cats guernsey being even more white this year with the cut-off sleeves doesn’t exactly help

Oh god...
I know it doesn't ultimately matter, but what is the point of these umpire clash uniforms if they won't even make their shorts, armbands and socks (at the least!) the same colour? Looks so amateur

Yeah the new umpire look is ridiculous. The bright green is sort of lame but I do understand how it doesn't clash, it's identifiable, it's appropriate across all leagues and standards and divisions... but you need the AFL to actually patronise it and stick to it.

The mishmash of like four different colours for some games is amateur too; genuinely think most country games would look tidier.

Bring this back (never realised how sick the collar was here – it's like those 90s Adidas Equipment soccer ones). Have a lime green version available for clashes. I'd even make the shorts lime, too. Have the same pattern, design for both and just switch the colours up.

Love this hawthorn kit. Gold with the brown V, white shorts, and the gold socks. It looks great. The best thing about it is the thick brown stripe on the shorts. That's proper footy stuff

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know a lot of people like this Hawthorn kit, but something about it feels cheap to me, looked good in photo shoot, but don’t like it in reality.

North can now look at returning to white jumpers, at the end of the day the difference between us and North was we would rather wear white shorts than inverse our jumpers. If the policy has changed then North have a decision to make.

Those blaming us for forcing the change, my gut feel is Collingwood will wear white with black shorts (Carlton at a minimum) at times this year and you can’t allow that then stop us from doing the same thing.

Yeah the new umpire look is ridiculous. The bright green is sort of lame but I do understand how it doesn't clash, it's identifiable, it's appropriate across all leagues and standards and divisions... but you need the AFL to actually patronise it and stick to it.

The mishmash of like four different colours for some games is amateur too; genuinely think most country games would look tidier.
They do generally stick to one colour but there's almost no colour now that would work for every game. The dark green works for yellow games but agree it must be within a full kit or it looks amatuer.

I think the umpires should bring back this look:
e612e5d08f30790eb4d09774fb684047
ellis2.jpg
265aab6f80.jpg
They can wear either Yellow, Green or Red depending on what jumpers the two competing teams are wearing, and with solid black shorts and socks it'll avoid the ugly look that we saw yesterday evening (mismatching shirts and socks)

And for those that love nostalgia, the coloured PlayStation logo on the front and PlayStation2 on the back would be amazing!

Probably a crazy conspiracy theory, but I get the impression that allowing Geelong to wear navy shorts at home against all logic is in someway placating a Collingwood move to the white based jumper?

Collingwood have been more than happy to wear white based jumpers for at least the past two seasons. Maybe a guarantee they won’t be stuck in white shorts at home is all they need to move back?

We only play Carlton once and Collingwood is the away team so I think we'll be in white jumper with white shorts.

Wow, I just presumed they would play twice, When’s the last time Carlton v Collingwood only happened once in a season?

Probably a crazy conspiracy theory, but I get the impression that allowing Geelong to wear navy shorts at home against all logic is in someway placating a Collingwood move to the white based jumper?

Collingwood have been more than happy to wear white based jumpers for at least the past two seasons. Maybe a guarantee they won’t be stuck in white shorts at home is all they need to move back?
Yeah I dunno. It's a strange backflip in policy that's for sure. I honestly think Geelong have just requested to wear them then again they've not (publicly) complained otherwise. Be nice to hear it from them, has anyone tweeted it asked them? Or old mate Keane?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back