Toast Sam Walsh Rnd 4 Rising Star Nominee

Remove this Banner Ad

Thoroughly deserved Walshy. Barring mishap, you are at Winx odds for the overall award. As a nice side story, this old bloke who has been known to have a bet in the past, but economics have curtailed the practice of late loosened the purse strings preseason. Have $50 on at $9.50, much better than bank interest.

Not wishing your career away mate, but going to be remembered with the best of them.

Thoroughly deserved Walshy. Barring mishap, you are at Winx odds for the overall award. As a nice side story, this old bloke who has been known to have a bet in the past, but economics have curtailed the practice of late loosened the purse strings preseason. Have $50 on at $9.50, much better than bank interest.

Not wishing your career away mate, but going to be remembered with the best of them.

Geelong have worked things out well and opened up a premium role for Constable in the midfield.
They're going to win more games than us and clearly have the better understanding amongst players roles making life a little easier for all.
Walsh is and should be favourite, but boy, he's doing it the hard way.

Haven't watched the weekends game but what I see in Walsh, is that if he was used every time he positioned himself to take possession, his numbers may be quite a bit higher than they already are. He could have had games in the 35-40 possession mark.

This kid is going to be a certified A grade premium gun. Amazing that there was a view this was the "safe number 1" pick. I think he will rival Reiwoldt for best number 1 pick over the next decade. Once Cripps wins 3 brownlows and 3 flags he can hand it over to Walsh to continue the legacy!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Over the summer I read the training reports and Sam Walsh was highlighted in the reports. I went to the Hawks practice match & by halftime I was texting a family member re Walsh and used the word sublime to describe him.

If you haven't attended a game this year do yourself a favour and go and watch a very special talent. Jump on board the bandwagon. Let's hope he is putting pen to paper as has been rumoured.

I think I just fell in love with him....again!!!
Those 2nd and 3rd efforts are crazy!
Kicks the ball into the forward line (from outside 50)...ball is in play and Fisher snaps...who's there to high 5 Fisher...the man who delivered the ball - WOW!!!

Anyone know if the club are putting out vids of the announcement to him like they did last year?
May have been difficult seeing as though they were on the GC on Sunday.

I think I just fell in love with him....again!!!
Those 2nd and 3rd efforts are crazy!
Kicks the ball into the forward line (from outside 50)...ball is in play and Fisher snaps...who's there to high 5 Fisher...the man who delivered the ball - WOW!!!

Anyone know if the club are putting out vids of the announcement to him like they did last year?
May have been difficult seeing as though they were on the GC on Sunday.

My fav part ...

It's all the small things he does too.
Close to the end of the game, Ed kicks a ball out of GC's forward line towards the boundary. Gc player is closest and will definitely gather it up. We see Walsh get to the player with all effort (he must've already been spent as this was with less than 5 mins to go in the game). He makes up the distance and does enough to put pressure on the ball carrier to hand ball it out for a throw in and stoppage.

I'd say 95% of players would make it 'look' like they were trying to make a contest just for show and give a half assed jogging effort towards the GC player. But not Walsh...he's got that fierce hunger in his eyes.

Last edited:
He is just a true professional and has a real passion for everything footy.

If you watch closely after he kicks his goal, he pumps his chest twice to shows how much pride he has to be associated with......Virgin Australia :)

1555388968713.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back