Toast Sam Walsh Rnd 4 Rising Star Nominee

Remove this Banner Ad

Finally Sam has his nomination - after he was clearly robbed in rounds 1-3! :p

The writer of this article seems to think so too.
Carlton’s Sam Walsh has finally earned an AFL rising star nomination

We'll start winning some games soon, then we'll get to see what Sammy can do in a winning team!
Soooo rapt that our people stuck to their guns, kept the no.1 pick and drafted this kid. :)

I wished we’d drafted Rankine.*

Just kidding!!! Love you Sam!

* I’m sure Rankine will be a jet but Sammy has and always will be my man.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Rankine will be some sort of player, but I agree. So pleased we drafted Walsh.

You've watched alot of junior footy. Where do you rank him amongst the elite mids that have through recently?

Mentioned a few times, one of best bust proof draftees I have ever seen.

May not have the xfactor of a Taranto etc, but will be extremely consistent for a long long time

Mentioned a few times, one of best bust proof draftees I have ever seen.

May not have the xfactor of a Taranto etc, but will be extremely consistent for a long long time
Going back a bit, but I thought the same about Cotchin.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeap, have also mentioned that Walsh reminded me of a Cotchin clone and I believe that will be his floor.

Hoping he reaches a Whitfield ceiling
Lachie was a jet as an alternative 18 year old. Saw quite a few of his games that year.

Yeap, have also mentioned that Walsh reminded me of a Cotchin clone and I believe that will be his floor.

Took Cotchin 4 years to be playing the football Walsh is playing. Will be able to pencil Walsh in for 35 possession every single week for the next 15 years.

Wow. Sure, he's no Bailey Smith but reckon he'll do just fine.

Hard to understand where the likes of some come across regarding Walsh.
It's like he can't get any better.............but just you watch out for everyone else. :)

The ground I have seen this kid cover to get to contests in the first 4 games is Ed Curnow like. You can see he wills himself to the next one …. then the next one.

Except his footy iq and disposal obliterates Ed's sorry to say.

Never in my life have I seen a kid so prepared for the big league. A good head on his shoulders too. Love him!

I demanded we picked this player throughout last year. You can thank me later. :p

Remove this Banner Ad

Back