Trades Round 5 Trades, A.K.A - 'This round is already over for me, so let's focus on rage trades now...thread'

Remove this Banner Ad

Exactly the reason I used my cash to upgrade Setterfield to Heeney. Couldn’t trust Drew or Parker on field.

I’m tossing up between Scrimshaw and Duursma in my backline. Should we both go Scrimshaw, or both bench him??
Duursma is another one I could bench for Hore, he's been on my field all year. I think I'll back in Scrimshaw, seems like a safer choice to avoid a really low score but also doesn't have such a high ceiling.

Have to trade Setterfield otherwise I’m playing Balta on field.
No one I can or want to downgrade him to and the best upgrade options I can get to are Acres, Papley and Ainsworth.

:think:

Setterfield > Hore
Flynn > ROB

Cash generation like you've never seen boi

Gonna have to eat a s**t sandwich this week with Lunchmeat on the bench (sorry) and Setterfield suspended, means I have to field both Drew and Parker.

Traded Gibbons > Ross even tho I think Ross will be rested after this week cos of the stupid 4 day turnaround (don't know why the Tigs and Demons didn't play Thu/Fri)

Traded English > RO'B cos I don't think there'll be much difference in scores and RO'B should make a bit of cash over the next 6 or so weeks until I can trade him to Gawn after Gawns bye.

Anyway, 2/198 with Drew, Duursma and Rozee the only ones playing today

I’m going to hold Setterfield, and go with Parker on field for two weeks.... like I’ll wear his 30’s. But if he can get to 50 I’ll take that!

So I’ve done
Clark to Wilkie
Gibbons to Hayes

Leaves me with 218K which will allow me to do some DPP switching of rookies on my bench and then allow me to upgrade Duursma to a Laird next week

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Edit: Duursma > Young; Constable > Merrett

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Baker may be your best option then
I’m very wary of on field downgrades especially when the target has limited scoring potential. That would leave me playing two of Parker, Balta, Schultz and Baker on field which is not a great situation.

Ended up with
B: Laird, Witherden, Williams, Smith, Hore, Scrimshaw (Clark, Duursma)
M: Macrae, Cripps, Brayshaw, Rocky, Bcrouch, Walsh, Constable, Stack (Atkins, Hayes)
R: Grundy, Gawn (Cameron, Fort)
F: Danger, Kelly, Worpel, Rozee, Drew, Baker (Balta, Petruccelle)

Gibbons -> Hayes, Setterfield -> Baker.
Feel like Baker could hurt with security and score but allows me to get anyone I want next week, might even field Hayes over Stack. Thoughts?

Ended up with
B: Laird, Witherden, Williams, Smith, Hore, Scrimshaw (Clark, Duursma)
M: Macrae, Cripps, Brayshaw, Rocky, Bcrouch, Walsh, Constable, Stack (Atkins, Hayes)
R: Grundy, Gawn (Cameron, Fort)
F: Danger, Kelly, Worpel, Rozee, Drew, Baker (Balta, Petruccelle)

Gibbons -> Hayes, Setterfield -> Baker.
Feel like Baker could hurt with security and score but allows me to get anyone I want next week, might even field Hayes over Stack. Thoughts?
You might have to field Atkins/Hayes if Constable is rested

Is this a totally pointless trade

Setters to darling

Darling has started the year poor but showed last yr he can go big when he gets on a run. Playing port who are also leaking points to forwards this yr
I wouldn't be doing it myself. Darling hasn't been on my radar at all though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back