Preview Geelong V Hawthorn Monday 22 April @ MCG 3:20 pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol EAD hawk supporter
Claims to be Nakkers brother. We’re not fooled.
Seems to post when Nakia is suspended a lot and has the same hatred for Guthrie.

It has truly been an impressive melt today.
Get help Nakkers

That could be anyone of 150 posters here
Is true.

I’d rather back in players selected for the club, nearly gave up on Stanley after the Swans capitulation last season. Everyone can improve.

Is true.

I’d rather back in players selected for the club, nearly gave up on Stanley after the Swans capitulation last season. Everyone can improve.
Not if they don’t think they need to. Guthrie fits that bill I’m afraid. Very happy with himself.... at least that’s what I’m led to believe from the lack of effort he puts in.
You’re bang on about Stanley though... most improved at the club in the last 12-15 months.

Any chance of waiting until after the match to bitch about players - like actually see how they play and then critique they efforts rather than just filling this thread with hypotheticals
Today's critiques will be repeated after the match regardless of how they play.
That's why they are called pre-judices.
You moral compass, you.:D

Ok, for the meat tray, pick the final 4 interchange. Looks like Cam Guthrie is in for Charlie Constable

View attachment 657851

My 4 are Cam Guthrie; Sam Menegola, Gryan Miers; and Jordan Clark
Just remove the bottom half. Guthrie will be nothing but a liability against Hawthorn. If he is included, it sends the worst possible message to the young players and shows that nothing has changed at all.

Is true.

All I can say to that is ...YES SIR JACK

Every player on our list is there for a reason..maybe it works , maybe it doesnt ... I wish them all the best but I know only about half at any stage can succeed in even getting a game.
CG's selection is important for him. If there was any doubt in the past ..enough younger players are being selected to tell anyone that they must play as required to get selected and stay in the side.

Just remove the bottom half. Guthrie will be nothing but a liability against Hawthorn. If he is included, it sends the worst possible message to the young players and shows that nothing has changed at all.
CG is in for Constable.
CC is managed- prudent.
CG is easily AFL standard, and what needed to be changed was not the omission of CG- you get away with that because he was injured, otherwise he would have been in since rd 1.

All I can say to that is ...YES SIR JACK

Every player on our list is there for a reason..maybe it works , maybe it doesnt ... I wish them all the best but I know only about half at any stage can succeed in even getting a game.
CG's selection is important for him. If there was any doubt in the past ..enough younger players are being selected to tell anyone that they must play as required to get selected and stay in the side.
Except Guthrie apparently.

How do you figure its a message to other players...he hasnt walked back into a winning side? Id prefer to look at what he does this year and critique him on that ..

I think Einstein specifically had Guthrie and his enablers in mind when he came up with this quote:

"Stupidity is doing the same thing over and over again, and expecting different results"

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think Einstein had Guthrie and his enablers in mind when he came up with this quote:

"Stupidity is doing same thing and expecting different results"
Like keep posting the same diatribe about valued players and expecting the MC to agree?

How do you figure its a message to other players...he hasnt walked back into a winning side? Id prefer to look at what he does this year and critique him on that ..
People are acting like we got done by 6 goals against Norf last week.
4 points against a really good team and we're on the top of the ladder.
It was our experienced players who let us down last week anyway.
Guthrie straight back in for a younger player. And will stay in no matter what
It's a poor message.

Based on last year's form, he should be forced to earn his spot back through the VFL. He does not deliver enough at this point in his career to be an automatic inclusion. It's not about whether he's good enough to be best 22 currently or not; it's a matter of setting standards. Making Guthrie earn his spot back sets the standard that there are no automatic inclusions, and that the caliber of performance he produced last year, for his age and experience, was no sufficient to stay in the team. If that upsets him and his brother, so be it. They can go elsewhere - maybe to Port with Motlop, where Hinkley will do what Scott refuses to.

People are acting like we got done by 6 goals against Norf last week.
4 points against a really good team and we're on the top of the ladder.
It was our experienced players who let us down last week anyway.
Guthrie straight back in for a younger player. And will stay in no matter what
It's a poor message.
He is a better player than what you are denying. Let's see how he goes. Hard to believe so many are already down on him before he's had a fair go at it.

Based on last year's form, he should be forced to earn his spot back through the VFL. He does not deliver enough at this point in his career to be an automatic inclusion. It's not about whether he's good enough to be best 22 currently or not; it's a matter of setting standards. Making Guthrie earn his spot back sets the standard that there are no automatic inclusions, and that the caliber of performance he produced last year, for his age and experience, was no sufficient to stay in the team. If that upsets him and his brother, so be it. They can go elsewhere - maybe to Port with Motlop, where Hinkley will do what Scott refuses to.
It's hard to find a better post in this thread.

He has been injured. Would not even be a talking point otherwise. We are lucky he is right to go.He has done VFL time and is ready. Simple.
Lucky we've started the season unbelievably well and better than anyone could of hoped.
Or maybe it hasn't just been luck, and we've picked players more suited to a different brand of footy.

He is a better player than what you are denying. Let's see how he goes. Hard to believe so many are already down on him before he's had a fair go at it.
I guess people have seen it all before and know what to expect. Plays VFL with no intensity, comes back into the AFL side and cruises around there too.

Monday will be no different. One handed tackle attempts, jogging when chasing, handballs to stationary targets, etc, etc.

He's a better player than many, actually most players in our team when at his best.
How often does he bring it? and what intensity will he bring?
It's not crazy that many are doubters.

I guess people have seen it all before and know what to expect. Plays VFL with no intensity, comes back into the AFL side and cruises around there too.

Monday will be no different. One handed tackle attempts, jogging when chasing, handballs to stationary targets, etc, etc.
He's a better player than many, actually most players in our team when at his best.
How often does he bring it? and what intensity will he bring?
It's not crazy that many are doubters.
It's only that we've had the extra 4 weeks to wait for his return.
Until the calf, he was IN for rd 1, according to everybody here. A few wins with him out of the team, and he cops the blame as being the reason we are "different". Like the news report said, he is a welcome return. Pity he still has the hair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back