Official Match Thread Season 27 Round 11 - Sin City Swamprats vs East Side Hawks at Underground Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

1555898321884.png

Sin City Swamprats vs East Side Hawks at Underground Stadium

The Hawks are coming off 3 in a row with momentum building as we get deeper into the season. Looks like they are timing their run nicely. The Rats on the other hand have 5 in a row in the L column. New captain Far Kern is scratching his head it would seem because all tactical changes made in the last 5 weeks have not had the desired effect. Will the Rats turn their season around or will the Hawks solidify their top 8 spot and even sneak into the top 4?​

Players to Watch – Rats

Sarah smiles has been holding things together up forward. Sitting 3rd in the race for the Fred medal after 9 rounds the Rats will need him firing on all cylinders to get up over the Hawks.​

There is no doubt there is no love lost between sportsmaniac89 and elements of the Hawks. Will he stamp his mark on the game and walk off with a moral victory of will he go down in with a whimper? Looking forward to this match up.​

Since returning this season SparkleNarkle has been solid in the ruck position. Can he keep the momentum from last weeks BoG performance for the Rats and lead from the front this week?​

Players to Watch – Hawks

Golumless slotted 7 big ones against the Bombers in another impressive performance. Keep an eye out for another bagful from the league veteran as he climbs in the rankings for the Fred.​

Will The Jesus rise again after his Easter performance? A measly 5 hitouts last week is simply unacceptable. I don’t want to crucify the young bloke, but if he is truly going to build a following in this league he needs to do a little soul searching and pray for forgiveness from the Hawks faithful. Amen!!!​

The Hawks look to have found a promising young recruit in Ardent eagle . Plenty of eyes will be on the young rookie this week to pull out a big one.​

Prediction
The Hawks by 9 points
Captains please have your team sheets in by 11:59pm Melb time Thursday 25/04/2019​

To quote Elvis, "It's now or never."
Or Bon Jovi - (we) ain’t gonna live forever
Short breaks are just an excuse in both footy and qooty anyway .

Did anyone sing, "Did you enjoy Friday night at Optus Oval?" :)
Despite the result and the weather, I did, but only because I worked for the rest of the long weekend so it's the only break I got.
The 6 day break isn't an excuse though as were outplayed from the opening bounce.

Despite the result and the weather, I did, but only because I worked for the rest of the long weekend so it's the only break I got.
The 6 day break isn't an excuse though as were outplayed from the opening bounce.
How's your tipping going - 2 out of 8 for me!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ridiculous season: about as predictable as the sim.
The Sim is actually more predictable because it's the opposite of may the odds be ever in your favour

Horrendous. I'm averaging under 3 per round.
Ouch. Are you aiming for last? I don't think my average is much better, even though I'm certainly not aiming for last :( .

I had 2 that week. TWO.
This week I've somehow got 5 lol. Let's see what happens today!
Did you tip Geelong or Hawthorn?

The Sim is actually more predictable because it's the opposite of may the odds be ever in your favour

Ouch. Are you aiming for last? I don't think my average is much better, even though I'm certainly not aiming for last :( .

Did you tip Geelong or Hawthorn?
I think I tipped Geelong.

I think I did - I'm so ordinary right now, that I tried to pick my nose yesterday, but missed!!!
Did you accidentally poke your eye instead? :(

I had 2 that week. TWO.

This week I've somehow got 5 lol. Let's see what happens today!

I'll make it 6 if the Cats win today - only 3 last week. This season's got so many twists and turns, I'm getting a serious case of motion sickness.

Very good OP Yakker

That said, moral victories are one thing but actual victories are another thing.

I look forward to this week against the Hawks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back