Official Match Thread Season 27 Round 11 - Sin City Swamprats vs East Side Hawks at Underground Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Good early game day friends on both sides.

In honour of living in the past, I am probably the most attractive ex-Captain of the Swamprats.

In honour of keeping it current, I am the most current State of Origin Winning Captain.

In conclusion, damn I pretty good.

I'll make it 6 if the Cats win today - only 3 last week. This season's got so many twists and turns, I'm getting a serious case of motion sickness.
Which is why doing the AFL ladder predictor is fairly pointless - you'd probably have more luck with tomorrow night's lotto numbers.

Very good OP Yakker

That said, moral victories are one thing but actual victories are another thing.

I look forward to this week against the Hawks.

I know this is a fantasy league, but pretending you've ever had an actual victory is a step too far for me.

I know this is a fantasy league, but pretending you've ever had an actual victory is a step too far for me.

There is truth to that.

The teams I support don't have the greatest record and 5 losses in a row for the Swamprats...well, enough said there.

I would suggest to you to use your imagination though.

There is truth to that.

The teams I support don't have the greatest record and 5 losses in a row for the Swamprats...well, enough said there.

I would suggest to you to use your imagination though.

As said. it's a step too far to me. Some things you wouldn't even know how to begin to imagine it.

As said. it's a step too far to me. Some things you wouldn't even know how to begin to imagine it.

The headaches from trying to comprehend such things aren't worth the sacrifice in my opinion so I applaud your approach.

Well, I'm just thinking about how much I'm going to enjoy my Burra Pale Ale this weekend after kicking some Swamprat arse.

If you're not a fan of pale ales, Burra have an excellent selection.
What a refreshing post A93

Speaking of refreshing,

sportsmaniac89 would you like to discuss the exploration of the bitter palate as we introduce the Burra Brewing co delicious IPA?

I see your captain heard your pleas to play as a permanent full forward, after leading the Croweaters to glory.

Well, I'm just thinking about how much I'm going to enjoy my Burra Pale Ale this weekend after kicking some Swamprat arse.

If you're not a fan of pale ales, Burra have an excellent selection.

I'll pass on the Pale Ale!

A scotch will do me nicely thanks.

Hi Sporty,

Please elaborate on these newly found morals you profess to have discovered.

I think you've missed the point there with the greatest of respect.

I was talking about moral victories NOT morals in general.

Moral Victory - a defeat that can be interpreted as a victory on moral terms, for example, because the defeated party defended their principles.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'll pass on the Pale Ale!

A scotch will do me nicely thanks.

I think you've missed the point there with the greatest of respect.

I was talking about moral victories NOT morals in general.

Moral Victory - a defeat that can be interpreted as a victory on moral terms, for example, because the defeated party defended their principles.
Just to be clear, you're on record stating you have no morals?

Just to be clear, you're on record stating you have no morals?

I have morals, most definitely.

I'm explaining the context of my original moral victories comment.

Already Yakker? We are still recovering from a Bombers match thread, give us a bit of a break before you lump us with Loser Bear and the spamRats :mad:

Sorry mate, have a bit on tomorrow and had to get them out

Please enlighten us of the lost battle with which you claimed the moral high ground?

There's too many to count.

I have that many moral victories that if I seek to recount them, it might turn this thread into a farcical version of Ant Bear's 100th game where he recounted each and every game.

I think in the interests of all, we should avoid a repeat of that.

I see your captain heard your pleas to play as a permanent full forward, after leading the Croweaters to glory.

If you are loud enough for long enough, people give in.

Do you consider yourself a crusader?

You know, I'm not actually sure, to be honest.

I've never really thought of myself in those terms.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back