Toast Mad about Harry

Remove this Banner Ad

Was watching the one we refer to as "The Big H" and just couldn't help singing "I'm Just Wild About Harry" (apologies to Peggy Lee and Judy G - I was singing the Al Jolson version) - real toe-tapper there! He reminds me of a very mobile and slightly aggressive version of a high-voltage electricity pylon I once had an attachment to; also reminds me of Gigantor! Sorry for my silliness, I had a few drinks to calm the nerves while watching the game - calming drinks morphed into celebratory drinks and I really was rather taken with Gigantor, sorry "The Big H" - he is something special!!!

With McKay let's remember that he is just 21 and has played only 20 games. We saw at the weekend what he can do and will become but he will still have ups and downs as he develops and becomes more consistent. Exciting but patience still needed

21 and leading the league by a mile in contested marks. Played 3 really good games this year yet has been disappointing according to Caro. She has no **** idea.

How's Weideman going? Taken higher than Harry in the same draft. Apparently his poor performance is excused because he's still very young. Harry also seems to be at least on par with 2 metre Peter who was taken the draft before him.

I swear our players seem to get judged against a different standard.

Last edited:
we may not have had a forward/player with his hands since the other one - and yes that is neil balme he's schooling.........

show_image.php

I was a bit skeptical on Harry when we drafted him.

He was a beanpole who could take a mark and had good mobility, which is a great foundation. But he didn't kick many goals or get much of the ball at junior level. He seemed ALL potential (to me)....ie hit or miss.

Glad to admit he's a DAMN BIG HIT!

And he's only a baby in KPF terms, plenty more upside still.

Humble pie never tasted so good.

Takes time for tall blokes to grow int their bodies and mongrel up - Harry has the potential to be a match winner - all up to him - he has the support of McGovern and a bloke called Charlie to lean on. 12 months from now is scheduled lift off time for the side - will be a glorious time for patient supporters.

I was a bit skeptical on Harry when we drafted him.

He was a beanpole who could take a mark and had good mobility, which is a great foundation. But he didn't kick many goals or get much of the ball at junior level. He seemed ALL potential (to me)....ie hit or miss.

Glad to admit he's a DAMN BIG HIT!

And he's only a baby in KPF terms, plenty more upside still.

Humble pie never tasted so good.
McKay has always been a low possession player(around 10 per game). Getting 20 is a massive improvement. Finally got a decent number of uncontested marks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Like reading Knightmare draft thread but find he is so far off the money when it comes to his analysis on the players drafted to Carlton. He never really rated Cripps in his draft year and he certainly didn't rate Charlie. Also never rated Harry at all then last year reiterated his thoughts on the big man.

Responding to those you speak of from Carlton directly:

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/knightmares-2018-afl-draft-almanac.1188131/post-57050927

Also get real real excited about Tom De Koning because he really bagged the hell out of the selection and capabilities of Tom to the point where he said he shouldn't have even been drafted.

Chris Doerre / Knightmare from what I can tell is George Constanza, he has a reverse midas touch, always do the opposite.

Drafting is a crap-shoot, but Knightmare is often so far off the money that it is laughable.

Look at his 2013 phantom draft:

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/knightmares-2013-phantom-draft.983436/

Compared with the actual draft:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013_AFL_draft#2013_national_draft

The best three players from that draft are: Patrick Cripps (pick 13), Marcus Botempelli (4) & Josh Kelly (2). Knightmare had them at 31, 10 and 14. He had Blake Acres, Luke McDonald & James Aish as potential A-graders.

Then there was this beauty from Knightmare, Big Blue? Walsh at No. 1 would be a mistake:

http://www.espn.com.au/afl/story/_/...carlton-blues-mistake-sam-walsh-jack-lukosius

What the bleep?

Sam Walsh would have been chosen number 1 by 14 of 18 clubs. Sam Walsh was the best midfield prospect of the past five drafts. Sam Walsh is currently the best performed draftee (in his first five games) since Joel Selwood, maybe even Chris Judd. I am sorry, no way ever will Bailey Smith be a better midfielder than Sam Walsh. I said it last year, I say it now, and I will say it again in five years.

Knightmare hates Carlton. Everything we do he hates.

Just look at his predications, then always do the opposite of Knightmare says. THE END.

You’d think soon to be #1 target for the Sydney Siders with their penchant for the best forward in the league.

Harry is Carlton through and through.

Swans are in for years of mediocrity. Still have 4 more years of Buddy contract to pay out.

Honestly, Harry has finally cured me from my deep Josh Kennedy (Eagles) depression. I knew once we traded Kennedy that it would haunt us for a decade, and it did. But finally we now have our own Josh Kennedy version 2.

Finally we got a proper power forward. We got to keep him upright, all else will naturally fall into place.

If he was born a week later he would have been 2016 draft.

Would have been taken 1st pick easily 2016 as was his talent at bottom age.

Insiders have said he would have been taken in front of Daniher purely on talent alone as Daniher had plenty of 'help' from EFC in relation to training/eating/other...

His run on the weekend was no where near top speed for those who would care to know.

Needs 2-3kg's on his 'shoulder/arm' and he will unstoppable in 1v1 or on the lead or doubling back...

For those who know me I've been on this kid since before the draft as the mail was 'Winxs' like!

Last edited:
For those who know me I've been on this kid since before the draft as the mail was 'Winks' like!

Took me a moment to digest what this meant. Winx-like. :)

It's clear he's built some core strength also, even though he's still somewhat skinny through the legs.
Strength seems to have come on very quick to me. Russell-work?

Chris Doerre / Knightmare from what I can tell is George Constanza, he has a reverse midas touch, always do the opposite.

Drafting is a crap-shoot, but Knightmare is often so far off the money that it is laughable.

Look at his 2013 phantom draft:

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/knightmares-2013-phantom-draft.983436/

Compared with the actual draft:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013_AFL_draft#2013_national_draft

The best three players from that draft are: Patrick Cripps (pick 13), Marcus Botempelli (4) & Josh Kelly (2). Knightmare had them at 31, 10 and 14. He had Blake Acres, Luke McDonald & James Aish as potential A-graders.

Then there was this beauty from Knightmare, Big Blue? Walsh at No. 1 would be a mistake:

http://www.espn.com.au/afl/story/_/...carlton-blues-mistake-sam-walsh-jack-lukosius

What the bleep?

Sam Walsh would have been chosen number 1 by 14 of 18 clubs. Sam Walsh was the best midfield prospect of the past five drafts. Sam Walsh is currently the best performed draftee (in his first five games) since Joel Selwood, maybe even Chris Judd. I am sorry, no way ever will Bailey Smith be a better midfielder than Sam Walsh. I said it last year, I say it now, and I will say it again in five years.

Knightmare hates Carlton. Everything we do he hates.

Just look at his predications, then always do the opposite of Knightmare says. THE END.
Not sure why people say SW is the best first year since JS. Based on his first 5 games SW has got JS comfortably covered. He is currently Winning 37% more ball than JS.

In fairness to Knightmare he didn't rate Walsh as highly as other draftees before Carlton picked him and he was big enough to admit that he was wrong on HMcK and CC at the end of last year (still rated Weiters highly when others had dropped off him).

I like the fact he backs his opinion in and doesn't give in to group think but swings for the fences too much trying to pull a roughie. Does have an inflated view of his opinions.

I like the fact he backs his opinion in and doesn't give in to group think but swings for the fences too much trying to pull a roughie. Does have an inflated view of his opinions.

I trust Silvagni and Agresta way way WAY WAY more than Knightmare.

He was laughably wrong on Sam Walsh.

Lastly, drafting is a like throwing darts, every one will have misses. It is just that Knightmare always seems to crap on us just because we are Carlton. I place no stock on his thoughts.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back