How Crow Can You Go? An Adelaide Football Club Saga

Where will Adelaide finish?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The great thing about this “win-win” trade is that our win has already been realised (stronger draft, year early, rated Stocker top 10 etc) whereas the crows are sweating on a rock bottom finish from us to make it worthwhile.

Any finish above the bottom 3 and Adelaide fans may start questioning if it was worth it let alone if we finish higher than that let alone if we finish..

They have more riding on our results this year than we do theirs. Our worst case scenario we still end up with 2 first rounders out of it with our “bird in the hand” looking the goods so far.

Not so much, no. lol

Allow me to indulge you with a brief history lesson.

Once we were able to host upstarts like Adelaide at our traditional home, Princes Park. Now, that was a home ground advantage. As footy became a big business rather than just a sport, Princes Park was phased out and eventually we were forced to abandon it as an official AFL venue - and I mean forced.

Now it's either Docklands or the MCG, which we share with the other Melbourne teams. Neither are really our ground. Certainly we have no traditional ties with them - apart from winning 16 flags on the G. That was a nice tradition! :cool:
The interstate teams have to play at each of those venues at least 3-5 times a year. Almost like a second home for them - or should be by now.
Great post Biggus, but I got a feeling it was wasted on poor ol' Sloaney who's probably passed out on the couch by now :drunk::beercheers:

What most people forget in this trade is that last year's draft was far superior to the talent in this year's pool. Just look at Bailey Smith this season and how he has competed at pick 7. I watched him stiff arm Paddy Dow on the weekend (a former pick 3) and run away from him comfortably.

A player at Stocker's rating (10-20) last year would be a top ten selection this year and most years.

So if we rated Stocker top ten in last year's draft internally then I can't see how it's possible we lose this trade.

I'm sleeping easy.
Bailey Smith looks like a Daniel Rich/Rhys Palmer/Clayton Oliver type. Body already AFL able, so stands out among the new draftees. No real outstanding attribute above size/fitness which won’t improve much after first two years.

Will eventually get overtaken by players with skill/vision/x-factor, once their bodies are AFL able.

Bailey Smith looks like a Daniel Rich/Rhys Palmer/Clayton Oliver type. Body already AFL able, so stands out among the new draftees. No real outstanding attribute above size/fitness which won’t improve much after first two years.

Will eventually get overtaken by players with skill/vision/x-factor, once their bodies are AFL able.

You mention Oliver like it's a bad thing...kid is really good.

I get your point though, but he didn't waste a possession against us...he was clean and composed. Nothing to suggest he simply relies on his size and overall won't make it.

You mention Oliver like it's a bad thing...kid is really good.

I get your point though, but he didn't waste a possession against us...he was clean and composed. Nothing to suggest he simply relies on his size and overall won't make it.
He will make it as an AFL player, won’t be one you go to watch play like an SPS type does.

Adelaide's next 5 matches are really tough, they should lose at least 3, hopefully more.
St. Kilda, Fremantle, Port Adelaide and West Coast are simply better teams. Brisbane are flaky but should get the job done at home.

We should win at least 2 of our next 5, will be interesting to see unfold.

Adelaide's next 5 matches are really tough, they should lose at least 3, hopefully more.
St. Kilda, Fremantle, Port Adelaide and West Coast are simply better teams. Brisbane are flaky but should get the job done at home.

I'd love to see them lose all 5 thankyou very much .

Yep of your next 5 really u only one 2 in 22 last year my god delusional win a game and u act like u r flag favourites pretty funny really 😂

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I get a warning for that really soft as just like Carlton

This isn't a banter thread or Bay 13.

You were told to move on, you haven't, so now you've been removed.

Bye bye.

Yep of your next 5 really u only one 2 in 22 last year my god delusional win a game and u act like u r flag favourites pretty funny really 😂
Just another clown dribbling shit...we know because not one bagger has stated on bigfooty we will win the flag this year, at any stage.
Crows supporters on the other hand were declaring premiership favouritism before the season.
Enjoy the reality check with your delusional mates.
Hope Pyke is good at rebuilds.
In fact...no I don’t!

Got a reaction, will probably go back to his own board and act like he is something.

What a waste of effort

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back