How Crow Can You Go? An Adelaide Football Club Saga

Where will Adelaide finish?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe if multiple people keep missing the point no matter how many times you explain it, then the point is wrong?

By that theory who is to say the person picked at 30 wasnt every teams 2nd pick?
It doesnt make any sense no matter how many times you repeat.

The guy wasnt in the top 2 or 3 picks for a number of clubs who actually had the chance. That is all the evidence we have.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. Lot of posters judgment being clouded by the fact that SOS is untouchable apparently.

That said, dont young teams generally drop away int he 2nd half of the year when the legs get tired and the body isnt used to the rigours of 22 rounds of AFL footy?

They do but we have enough know that are old enough to push through 22 games and enough that Russell can rotate and keep fresh. Like I said injuries will be the key

If teams above us rated Stocker as a first round pick, then he would have been selected in the 18 selections prior to us. It would take some insane chance for him to be rated top 10 but then somehow not be picked by any single team above us. You are simply being opposing for the sake of it.
It wont matter where he was rated by other clubs or SOS, if he can be a good regular member of our 22 for 100 games or more the trade was worth it.

But that doesn't say that Stocker's not going to be any good.
taking the bullcrap aside, I think most of us hope Stocker comes on and becomes a good player. Re players taken - the crows picked tom Doedee with their 2nd 1st rounder 3 years ago when most clubs apparently didn't have him going inside the first 2 rounds. He has turned out a top player after cutting his teeth at reserve level (knee injury has wrecked this season for him but I am sure he will bounce back). I think the big query is the cost Carlton have paid to secure him and with very little other draft capital last year after Walsh was taken and this year without a 2nd rounder, there was not a lot of choice for them. Ultimately, your recruiters would have had intimate knowledge of the Anderson's and Rowell's and Greens of this years draft and were prepared to lose the ability to access them to take the punt with Stocker and a 1st rounder wherever that falls. The real cost of the trade won't be known for some time but it looks like a big opportunity cost has been paid for Stocker as ultimately although there is some improvement this season, the results have not been there. I suspect Carlton won't pull the trigger on a similar trade come the end of this year unless there is considerably more coming back in such a trade

It wont matter where he was rated by other clubs or SOS, if he can be a good regular member of our 22 for 100 games or more the trade was worth it.

And I'm confident he will be very handy. Arrow is just being contrarian for the sake of it and is failing to understand my point.

taking the bullcrap aside, I think most of us hope Stocker comes on and becomes a good player. Re players taken - the crows picked tom Doedee with their 2nd 1st rounder 3 years ago when most clubs apparently didn't have him going inside the first 2 rounds. He has turned out a top player after cutting his teeth at reserve level (knee injury has wrecked this season for him but I am sure he will bounce back). I think the big query is the cost Carlton have paid to secure him and with very little other draft capital last year after Walsh was taken and this year without a 2nd rounder, there was not a lot of choice for them. Ultimately, your recruiters would have had intimate knowledge of the Anderson's and Rowell's and Greens of this years draft and were prepared to lose the ability to access them to take the punt with Stocker and a 1st rounder wherever that falls. The real cost of the trade won't be known for some time but it looks like a big opportunity cost has been paid for Stocker as ultimately although there is some improvement this season, the results have not been there. I suspect Carlton won't pull the trigger on a similar trade come the end of this year unless there is considerably more coming back in such a trade
I think it's a case of quantity over quality at the moment. We hope we have enough quality already and we need to bring in as many good players as soon as possible. This way they can all grow together. Yep it's a big price to pay but we wont know the outcome for a while yet, SOS was either right or he was wrong.

You're actually going to try and sell me on the idea that all 18 teams have different top 10s? This is beyond ridiculous now.

Never said all sides, ever, but it is not impossible that half the sides, could/would have different players rated at 8, 9, 10

If you go back to the mock drafts, you posted as evidence, you will see different players at different picks

Never said all sides, ever, but it is not impossible that half the sides, could/would have different players rated at 8, 9, 10

If you go back to the mock drafts, you posted as evidence, you will see different players at different picks

But in not a single one was Stocker any higher than pick 19.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Of the three I linked to before, Jones was at 14, 15 and 9.

So my statement about different recruiters rating players differently is valid?

Anyway, we have flogged this to death, if you can't accept what I or others, have stated as possible scenarios, nothing will convince you

A little exercise, go back to all of those mock drafters, from say 5 or 6 years ago, let's see what their strike rate was like.

Once you do that, check out how each recruiter went, with picking the best player at every pick

That said, dont young teams generally drop away int he 2nd half of the year when the legs get tired and the body isnt used to the rigours of 22 rounds of AFL footy?
Like the Lions last year?

No, teams on the up show solid performances with narrow losses before generally stringing wins together in the last half of season. Most years we see this before they rise up into the 8 the following year.

Maybe if multiple people keep missing the point no matter how many times you explain it, then the point is wrong?

By that theory who is to say the person picked at 30 wasnt every teams 2nd pick?
It doesnt make any sense no matter how many times you repeat.

The guy wasnt in the top 2 or 3 picks for a number of clubs who actually had the chance. That is all the evidence we have.

No I am very confident you’re just being obtuse.

Say Carlton had picks 1, 3 and 13 but didn’t select Stocker.

Your argument is we couldn’t have therefore rated Stocker in the top 10?

And that’s all the “evidence” you can put forward to support the argument?

What complete and utter nonsense.

You love twisting things, I have already posted evidence that I rated him at 16, check the link

Bolters, Silders are opinions, I think WC got a bargain in Williams, believe the Pies overpaid in Quaynor

So you're using the mock drafts as evidence that Jones was rated lower than he went, but then when I ask for evidence that Stocker was rated HIGHER than he went, you say it's your opinion that he would have gone at 16? Which by the way is not top 10 as you have previously stated.

So you're using the mock drafts as evidence that Jones was rated lower than he went, but then when I ask for evidence that Stocker was rated HIGHER than he went, you say it's your opinion that he would have gone at 16? Which by the way is not top 10 as you have previously stated.

I never once said I rated him at 10, I said, others would rate many players differently

Just using your so called evidence

Want me to keep going with the other sides and their possible rankings?

heck it's excruciating watching some brains read a post, completely misinterpret, go sideways with their argument and then refuse to alter their view.

A lot here have more patience than me!

No I am very confident you’re just being obtuse.

Say Carlton had picks 1, 3 and 13 but didn’t select Stocker.

Your argument is we couldn’t have therefore rated Stocker in the top 10?

And that’s all the “evidence” you can put forward to support the argument?

What complete and utter nonsense.

I'm really not, even some of your own supporters are saying the same thing.
You're looking at it with your navy blue glasses on and ignoring the evidence that is in front of you.

Yes its not conclusive, but the evidence points to other teams not rating Stocker as highly.

They could all be wrong, as its irrelevant once the player is picked... but your point is unprovable and the evidence we do have points the other way.

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back