How Crow Can You Go? An Adelaide Football Club Saga

Where will Adelaide finish?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm pretty sure Carlton expected to finish this year better than bottom 4 and was worth the calculated risk/trade and were probably expevting Crows to be around 6-10 so the draft pick differential would not have been massive and seen to be worth the extra pick.

We were in no position to be taking risks. That's what up and running successful clubs can afford to do.

Not two win, bottom of the ladder teams.

Sorry, didn't realise 1-6 was irrelevant.

Given your injury list and the way Carlton's form is looking, I wouldn't exactly say it's ridiculous to make the assertion that you'll finish in the bottom 5.

I'd love to know who you think you'll beat to finish 13th or higher, though.
Quite possibly we will beat your lot of pretenders again and help derail and waste another season of high expectations.

I decided to go and ask SOS personally. He told me in confidence they rated Stocker Pick 6 last year behind Walsh BSOS Finbar Rankine & Caldwell. Ranked him Pick One in this years draft.

Had already done a deal to trade this years first round pick from Adelaide for Taranto & Caldwell.

He and the club are very happy.

Hinted next years second round pick for Papley & Cameron. Cunnigham as a FA

Next years first will be used for a Crouch brother

It's not pointless.

If people showed zero passion John Elliott would still be in power. So I guess those who bagged that administration demanding better were fair weather fans going by your summation.

Same with every other failure of a group running the club. If people say nothing, nothing changes.

Blind faith is the bastion of the gullible.

Bit silly calling for a régime change at the club over this trade.

Bit silly calling for a régime change at the club over this trade.

Not suggesting that, but if we give up the #1 pick and Stocker isn't looking like a top 5 pick come season end then many fans will lose their s**t and be looking to take out that absolute mind numbing frustration out on those in charge of the club.

The clubs needs to listen, of those 60k that signed up, many won't be renewing in the same amount of numbers if Sunday's form continues.

Hi mate, I did not watch enough of Stocker to rate him properly. In saying that HedgeFund rated him super high and above certain players. I have a feeling he was in the conversation of roughly where Jones was selected. Hedge I think mentioned, that he was close to Bailey Smith.

If that is the case, Bailey Smith and Jones are roughly top 5 for me in this current draft class. Bailey Smith could be close to a top 3 pick as well, so who knows.

I was going to ask you where you had Stocker, but I guess that doesn't matter so much now.
From what I have seen of him this year i'm pretty happy.

We’ve been through some of the worst years imaginable and members re-signed in droves.

We’ve just hit our membership record on the back of one of the worst years ever from a football club.

But yeah if Stocker doesn’t become elite by the end of the year the members will revolt!

******* spare me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's not pointless.

If people showed zero passion John Elliott would still be in power. So I guess those who bagged that administration demanding better were fair weather fans going by your summation.

Same with every other failure of a group running the club. If people say nothing, nothing changes.

Blind faith is the bastion of the gullible.

Be a member, vote at the AGM and support the decisions the board makes and then be positive about the club. Galvanised organisations make progress and succeed. Look at Richmond. Spitting on players, cutting up memberships by round 8 for years on end. Ben Gale and co brought in a mindset of unity and turned it around.
My main point is, have faith in the people we have in there and cast a vote on it if you want change. But constantly criticising their decisions (especially when emotional over a loss that is an outlier to current form preceding it) is futile and does not help.
Let’s see how the win/loss is at end of year before we contemplate judging that trade.

Not suggesting that, but if we give up the #1 pick and Stocker isn't looking like a top 5 pick come season end then many fans will lose their **** and be looking to take out that absolute mind numbing frustration out on those in charge of the club.

The clubs needs to listen, of those 60k that signed up, many won't be renewing in the same amount of numbers if Sunday's form continues.

I call BS

I call BS

Call whatever you like.

People were leaving at half time yesterday. Even more by 3/4 time.

Mumblings in the crowd weren't positive.

The dejected and disappointed looks on people's faces at the end of the game were all around.

Keep this kind of football up and gift the Crows the #1 pick and you think everyone's going to be keeping quiet about that?

Call whatever you like.

People were leaving at half time yesterday. Even more by 3/4 time.

Mumblings in the crowd weren't positive.

The dejected and disappointed looks on people's faces at the end of the game were all around.

Keep this kind of football up and gift the Crows the #1 pick and you think everyone's going to be keeping quiet about that?

And Stocker need to show he is a top 5 pick come the end of year? Please

Be a member, vote at the AGM and support the decisions the board makes and then be positive about the club. Galvanised organisations make progress and succeed. Look at Richmond. Spitting on players, cutting up memberships by round 8 for years on end. Ben Gale and co brought in a mindset of unity and turned it around.
My main point is, have faith in the people we have in there and cast a vote on it if you want change. But constantly criticising their decisions (especially when emotional over a loss that is an outlier to current form preceding it) is futile and does not help.
Let’s see how the win/loss is at end of year before we contemplate judging that trade.

People have been doing that for 20 years.

Look where that's gotten us.

Given we're bottom of the ladder and still being beaten by the bottom to mediocre teams we've proven nothing yet this season.

And Stocker need to show he is a top 5 pick come the end of year? Please

Absolutely he needs to show that potential, that's what we've given up to get him.

If he's just another run of the mill player it shows the recruiting department aren't up to the task.

If he's a top liner then they haven earned more trust.

Absolutely he needs to show that potential, that's what we've given up to get him.

If he's just another run of the mill player it shows the recruiting department aren't up to the task.

If he's a top liner then they haven earned more trust.

Amazes me the lengths people will go too.

Members leaving in their droves, cause Stocker didn't show he was a top 5 pick, by the end of the season

Lucky they all signed up even though Harry took a couple of years, same with SPS

I was going to ask you where you had Stocker, but I guess that doesn't matter so much now.
From what I have seen of him this year i'm pretty happy.

I had him around 20 but that was mainly due to low viewing. Very hard to make much of a statement on short videos. Still talking to a few Vic based people when Carlton picked Stocker, I was less concerned based on their thoughts.
I personally still struggle to rank him 6th in this draft class.

Amazes me the lengths people will go too.

Members leaving in their droves, cause Stocker didn't show he was a top 5 pick, by the end of the season

Lucky they all signed up even though Harry took a couple of years, same with SPS

I guess others simply have higher expectations than you do for all the time and money they have invested in the club.

There you go again, speaking for the collective. What next, studying body language to determine how long people have been members

My expectations are realistic, unlike many here

I can speak for the many people I sit around at the football. They all have higher expectations than you. Why?

Because they support a club that can't keep its mouth shut and often comes out with grand statements about plans going forward.

Fans buy into that spin and unfortunately the club doesn't deliver on its promises.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back