Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Greater Western Sydney > 30 pts

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Last time the hawks were no good for 5 minutes they voted to merge with Melbourne.
Think you might want to get your teams right.

There was some intensity at times at least.

Less good Hawthorn, mechanically chipping with Hodge's monotone directors commentary over the top, is positively sleep inducing.

Would you like him to inject some supplementary commentary in to the game?

Or if four of our behinds were goals instead we'd win by an additional four goals?
Not seeing the logic...

Despite playing a crap game individually, Cameron still had and wasted four scoring shots, which he'd usually get at least 2-3 of. If he'd have converted, it would probably be paper over the cracks, but it wouldn't look nearly as bad.

GWS's record here doesn't make sense, the wide spaces should suit them.

The stats are a bit misleading. They simply don't play at the G very often and a lot of the poor results were back in their cellar dweller days. These days , a lot of their MCG games are against finalists so they are getting done by some handy teams. I agree today's result doesn't make much sense. Probably become partly a confidence issue for them now, going to a ground they almost never win at can be a bit daunting, even when most of your losses were when the team was fairly s**t. Great job by Clarko and his team in implementing the plan. Best coach in the competition by a very large margin. Hawthorn now have two wins against the current top 4, and both of them were coaching masterclasses by Clarko.

GWS were really poor, a better side would've blown them out of the water after half time. Still very pleasing win from our point of view a few players who have been down recently all chipped in today.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There was some intensity at times at least.

Less good Hawthorn, mechanically chipping with Hodge's monotone directors commentary over the top, is positively sleep inducing.
Your offsite commentary regime makes me drowsy

Why don't you shut your eyes and ask a friend to check if Bulldogs move back up above us on the ladder while they are shut. If you do, you have your answer.

Hawthorn jumping above the Bulldogs is hardly a result to be joyous about. Neither team is likely to be competing deep in September

Hi all,
Was mention made in the game coverage that Coniglio is nursing a broken finger or a broken hand?
I had understood the former but I read somewhere the commentators spoke of it being the hand(?)

For how terrible the Giants were, if Cameron kicks 4 straight instead of 0.4, the Hawks only win by 2 goals.

Both sides missed a few goals they should have got. If we kick all our behinds as goals and GWS don't we win by 75, so these "if only X had kicked straight" comparisons are a bit silly unless one side is way more wasteful than the other.

14k crowd. Where are the hawk supporters? Because it’s Mother’s Day? Sunday afternoon?

yes and yes.

Combined with this being our 5th appearance from the first eight rounds in the Sunday graveyard time slot.

it is almost like we are being fixture-punished by the AFL for not leaving Tassie to the Roos.

But there is always next week, where we get to play the Tigers.. At 3.20 on Sunday

Many Hawthorn fans are fed up with Sunday 3.20pm games. This is our fifth of the year, as well as a Monday 3.20pm for the Geelong game. It’s a shitful time slot that has effected our crowds all year.
Interested to know how not turning up helps the team. I'm a big fan of the timeslot

Interested to know how not turning up helps the team. I'm a big fan of the timeslot

Can be tricky for many. Some kids play sport in that timeslot. If you have really young kids, it can be unsettling to get them home after dark on a school night.

Combine mothers day with that, and I'm not surprised it was our lowest crowd for a while. Personally, I don't mind the slot myself, but after planning to go earlier in the week, couldn't when my presence was required at an afternoon mothers day appearance at my in laws. Will have to wait until next year to see Cogs live now (j/k - doubt he'll be coming to us).

Back