Resource COLLINGWOOD MATCH REPLAY ARCHIVE

Remove this Banner Ad

Still can't access the archive

this is the screen I get for every attempt

View attachment 670722
No matter what game or quarter I try to load it brings this dopey thing up and all interaction with that dopey little console fails . . ggggrrrrrrrrrrr
Check your privacy settings in your browser. I had a similar problem with it and also twitter posts, then I changed both tracking and cookies, now works fine. Or see if you can watch without logging in, that also worked.

So, last night I actually had a dream about an old match - Rd 13 2009, Collingwood vs. Fremantle. I remember it vividly, because being the age that I am, it was actually the most attractive football I had ever seen Collingwood play.

We kicked 26.13.169 for the game, and I remember a heap of the goals were just glorious slots from the boundary and so on. I don't know what brought this to mind - Maybe just a wistfulness after two pretty (mostly) ugly wins in the past two weeks. To give you an idea of the kind of strange dominance from a bygone era we're looking at, Alan Didak had 39(!) disposals, Brad Dick(!) kicked 3 goals, and Shannon Cox got himself on the scoreboard.

But I did my best to track it down anywhere and couldn't even find highlights from the game, let alone the full thing. I noticed in posts earlier in the thread that both spook182 and Pie eyed mentioned having all of our games from that era, and so I figured it couldn't hurt to ask if someone could help me out with it.

So, last night I actually had a dream about an old match - Rd 13 2009, Collingwood vs. Fremantle. I remember it vividly, because being the age that I am, it was actually the most attractive football I had ever seen Collingwood play.

We kicked 26.13.169 for the game, and I remember a heap of the goals were just glorious slots from the boundary and so on. I don't know what brought this to mind - Maybe just a wistfulness after two pretty (mostly) ugly wins in the past two weeks. To give you an idea of the kind of strange dominance from a bygone era we're looking at, Alan Didak had 39(!) disposals, Brad Dick(!) kicked 3 goals, and Shannon Cox got himself on the scoreboard.

But I did my best to track it down anywhere and couldn't even find highlights from the game, let alone the full thing. I noticed in posts earlier in the thread that both spook182 and Pie eyed mentioned having all of our games from that era, and so I figured it couldn't hurt to ask if someone could help me out with it.

I will have a look through my hard drive VV.
I will ahve it if it was televised.

Soz VV,
I have every match but Pies v Freo and the first Pies v Crows match in 2009.
Will keep dredging the net though. Anyone else has it would great. Someone may have on DVD

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Soz VV,
I have every match but Pies v Freo and the first Pies v Crows match in 2009.
Will keep dredging the net though. Anyone else has it would great. Someone may have on DVD
Thanks for trying - It seems this match is a ghost. It's weird that there's not even highlights of it anywhere.

spook182 is the only chance left at a miracle.

Thanks for trying - It seems this match is a ghost. It's weird that there's not even highlights of it anywhere.

spook182 is the only chance left at a miracle.

Last edited:

MagpieBat Not a Magpie Bat, but a Magpie Legend!!! ;)

Has anyone got any matches from Name a Game, from seasons 1991-1998 inclusive? Willing to pay if need be.

Name A Game went under before I managed to ever get them, and my ex wife wasn't fond of me spending my hard earned, on myself :$

Last edited:
I liked that commentary team
Anthony Hudson I always liked, Robert Walls not at all, he just came across as being so dull, but I thought Michael Christian was a terrible commentator. Especially when he yelled it sounded about as bad as when Eddie McGuire yells!!

Anthony Hudson I always liked, Robert Walls not at all, he just came across as being so dull, but I thought Michael Christian was a terrible commentator. Especially when he yelled it sounded about as bad as when Eddie McGuire yells!!
they were the main commentary team when i first started following around 2005 so I guess I grew an attachment to their voices/styles and it leads to a bit of nostalgia. Can't stand most of the commentators today and hate channel 7 coverage.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back