Autopsy Roast & Toast vs North Melbourne Rd 11, 2019, & Changes for Geelong rd 12

Best players vs North Melbourne

• Ryan Garthwaite

Votes: 6 3.5%
  • David Astbury

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Dylan Grimes

Votes: 12 6.9%
  • Nathan Broad

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • Shane Edwards

Votes: 11 6.4%
  • Bachar Houli

Votes: 139 80.3%
  • Brandon Ellis

Votes: 7 4.0%
  • Dion Prestia

Votes: 56 32.4%
  • Kamdyn McIntosh

Votes: 4 2.3%
  • Jack Higgins

Votes: 5 2.9%
  • Jason Castagna

Votes: 20 11.6%
  • Dan Butler

Votes: 6 3.5%
  • Dustin Martin

Votes: 135 78.0%
  • Tom Lynch

• Noah Balta

Votes: 4 2.3%
  • Ivan Soldo

• Trent Cotchin

Votes: 52 30.1%
  • Nick Vlastuin

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • Sydney Stack

Votes: 117 67.6%
  • Liam Baker

Votes: 63 36.4%
  • Shai Bolton

Votes: 8 4.6%
  • Josh Caddy

Votes: 5 2.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Lol tonight just confirmed we are their biggest fixture. They will have beers at the club rooms tomorrow. Their season is now considered a success.

Onto next week where our mind was all night. We’ll beat Geelong and normal programming will resume.

Our smalls were pathetic bar Georgie and Baker
Don’t let that stat padding in the last qtr make you think any different
Hopefully Rioli has a good game tomorrow. If he does he’ll probably be straight back in against Geelong.

I think we really did miss his pressure tonight, he would have at least chased North’s back line.

Was confident in a loss tonight. North were always going to fire, triple threat of new coach, their grand final and the game bringing at Marvel.

It’s also the downside of playing such a young team, there will be games where they falter and stumble at some point and don’t know how to pick themselves up. Against Essendon and Fremantle are good examples. This happened earlier. You still have players like Bolton, Stack, Baker, Balta, Soldo, Lunch (in our system), Garth and can even add Higgins to that list being in his second year.

Over a quarter of the team under 50 games, there will always be inconsistencies that we just hope we have to learn from. It’s all part of the journey we are on this year.

In a nutshell I’m not unconcerned, but I’m not throwing the baby out with the bath water either.

bad, bad game. our other 3 loses were due to the opposition having a better structure than us and injuries during the game. plus we were in the games till 3/4 time. that lose was due to effort, missed tackles, nth ferocious tackles, effort at the ball, where were our forward crumbers, how many times were we out numbered 2-4. a bad performance and hope we can regroup for next week

Our smalls were pathetic bar Georgie and Baker
Don’t let that stat padding in the last qtr make you think any different

Baker put in mate , stack had a go all night

Last edited:
o well, never really cared about the afl anyway only care about our vfl side. barely paid attention to the match

tenor.gif

My take on the game:

Firstly, we got them at the worst possible time. If we played them three weeks ago, we would have won comfortably. But they have just had their coach pushed out, one they love and respect. They would seriously blame themselves and I wouldn't be suprised if they had made a pledge privately that they would play their absolute guts out.

Credit to them, they played some seriously good footy.

However, that doesn't really excuse our performance either. Didn't think we were overly bad, played well in the first half but in the second we just seemed to fall off. We again struggle to play against teams that don't allow us to play our pressure based style or that beat us in the air.

THen again, every team has weaknesses that are obvious when they lose.

Cotchin, Dusty, Stack, Prestia, George can hold their head high.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was confident in a loss tonight. North were always going to fire, triple threat of new coach, their grand final and the game bringing at Marvel.

It’s also the downside of playing such a young team, there will be games where they falter and stumble at some point and don’t know how to pick themselves up. Against Essendon and Fremantle are good examples. This happened earlier. You still have players like Bolton, Stack, Baker, Balta, Soldo, Lunch (in our system), Garth and can even add Higgins to that list being in his second year.

Over a quarter of the team under 50 games, there will always be inconsistencies that we just hope we have to learn from. It’s all part of the journey we are on this year.

In a nutshell I’m not unconcerned, but I’m not throwing the baby out with the bath water either.

Yeah can't cop this. Everyone expected North to be up for it except the players it seems. We were bullied all game.

Not sure why we had to have Doug Nicholls round yet again. Why? AFL virtue signalling?

We were 2nd to the ball all night and outnumbered at contest after contest. An indictment on our two-way running.

Out-marked everywhere.

No apparent adjustment to the game plan after half time, which is a worry.

North deserved the win, but how on earth has the AFL fixtured us to play them as the away team every year since 2012?

At some stage in my lifetime we might be able to string together 4 in a row against that s**tstain of a football club.

Votes very tough. Gave 1 to Grimes for belting the ball into Ray ‘the f’bag’ Chamberlain.

Cannot stand the umpires fawning over Ben Brown.

Hate Cameron Ling as a commentator.

We need some soldiers back otherwise we’re destined for an elimination final.

Lots of players were shit trucks so not worth singling out. Game got away early from some pretty favourable officiating but we did ourselves no favours when we were still in touch.

One thing that gets me is clearances. Goldstein and Cunnington alone smashed us. I know some aren't sold on hitouts to advantage or clearances because it has always been our 'thing' to allow (sort of) dirty opposition clearances as we set up well behind the ball and then attack from the turn over. But it's just not working anymore. I didn't believe in it either until Grundy and Co picked us apart in the prelim and it's just continuing this year. It's going to work against most teams in the comp, but when we're up against genuinely good stoppage teams we're on a hiding to nothing. Prestia is our only genuine inside mid at the moment. Cotchin will take a few games to get going again and we're really missing Lambert. We have to have more than that though and the sooner Ross is ready the better. Should be our focus this off season too. We need to start getting first use so we're not under such constant pressure 24/7. Cunnington alone was the difference imo and it's not the first time he has done it to us.

Why do we always take so long to get it up forward? by the time we do our forward line is flooded and Lynch is competing with 5 defenders because Castanga is the only other one that can actually compete in the air. Bolton was pretty much unsighted all game and when he was seen it was doing something selfish or shit.

We need a better option than Garth down back, not tall enough, big enough or fast enough to compete with decent tall forwards. Not to mention the fact that with his lack of speed he still gives his opponents anywhere from 2-5 metres every time.

Back