Autopsy Roast & Toast vs Bulldogs & Changes for R10 vs Brisbane

Best on ground

• 1. N. Vlastuin

Votes: 85 87.6%
  • * Other

Votes: 12 12.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Gotta laugh at people wanting big change. We lost 6 possibly 7 blokes to injury over the weekend. 4 in the seniors and 3 in the ressies. Our injury list is back up to 15 (possibly higher). There is no f......g way guys like Pickett will get dropped. K Mac and Baker are 2 straight back in. Coulthard hopefully as well.
We are easily the smallest team in the comp right now. This week pick the biggest bodies that we have left that aren't injured to offer some protection. Kmac and McAuliffe have to come in.

I watched the VFL yesterday. Your onto it mate. Kmac when switched into the middle in 2nd half helped halve our contests and won his own ball. With Hugo starting to grab that wing spot with both hands, and with Taranto , Hopper and Ross out for a while a big bodied Kmac in the interim in the middle is not a bad option right now I reckon.

What the actual?? We have people calling for the recall of Macca to play midfield ? That is why none of us sit on list management or selection.

I’ve heard some rippers in this BF forum, but when both our eyes need to be on developing for the future Macca to the midfield might just take the cake.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Short should have a run in the VFL
Macca can take his spot

It took us 2-years too long to get Macca into VFL …. he finally, finally gets dropped and spends one game there and people are calling for his recall. GTFO… sorry, but Macca shouldn’t play senior footy again if we are serious about developing for the future.

Pickett should join him, and if he doesn’t turn things around Broad shouldn’t be too far behind.

All great servants and flag heroes for life - but they are not helping us and we need to get the remaining 15 games into Smith, Green, Coulthard etc….

What the actual?? We have people calling for the recall of Macca to play midfield ? That is why none of us sit on list management or selection.

I’ve heard some rippers in this BF forum, but when both our eyes need to be on developing for the future Macca to the midfield might just take the cake.

Mate, I'm only saying this as an interim measure because of the injury situation. And no, I've never considered Kmac a mid but it's desperate measures right now. 😅

Gotta laugh at people wanting big change. We lost 6 possibly 7 blokes to injury over the weekend. 4 in the seniors and 3 in the ressies. Our injury list is back up to 15 (possibly higher). There is no f......g way guys like Pickett will get dropped. K Mac and Baker are 2 straight back in. Coulthard hopefully as well.

IMG_1439.gif

Na bro it’s the New coaches fault

IMG_3959.jpeg

You had me listening until you said motherless last for two years ...

This year is due to injuries ... let's just make the most of our good draft picks this year ... sacrifice some goats at the end of the year ... or whatever you do for good luck and make a run at it next year.

Balta, Taranto, Hopper, Lynch (and probably Gibcus) are all A-graders bordering on elite talent ... we are not bloody North Melbourne or West Coast or Hawthorn ... we have a much better list than that
Hopper, Lynch and Gibcus might all be completely stuffed yet. I hope not but….

Hopper has had a lot of injuries, even before coming over.
Lynch out for best part of two years and getting older
Gibcus will he catch up on development that he has missed and make it? Hows his body going to stand up?

Balta and Taranto sure thing

Mate, I'm only saying this as an interim measure because of the injury situation. And no, I've never considered Kmac a mid but it's desperate measures right now.

Fair enough, but if we keep playing Macca and keep getting belted the pressure on the club and Yze will intensify.

I vividly remember the first 9 x rounds of 2010 when Dimma started. We were getting flogged but Dimma was smiling and the youngsters were enjoying their footy. Players like McMahon were on the list but played VFL all year.

If we keep playing senior ‘hacks’ like Macca the future looks dim. If we play K Smith, Coulthard and the like, and get flogged, there’ll be limited pressure as it’s clear it’s the future we have an eye on.

I’m not saying to not play the likes of Nank, Prestia, Dusty etc…. just don’t keep playing 30+ players who are genuinely not helping us week to week … Macca, Pickett, Naismith, Grimes and even soon Broad.

The page needs to be turned over post bye so we can head into 2025 with some optimism … the playing list and Yze … and supporters … need it.

I know and I lowered myself responding to some. It’s got to be one of best lines on here as he played one decent quarter and ten minutes in the last before he was taken apart by Caleb Daniel’s 😝

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fair enough good call, I just think it will get worse before it gets better, this team relies on Tom Lynch way too much. We need 2 years of some solid draft talent to come in. I'm not sure this season alone is going to help fill all those list holes.
Hopefully it’s a good start , I’d like to think we may be able to entice a couple, of frimge youngsters on outer at good clubs , like josh fahey , use psd as leverage

https://www.abc.net.au/listen/programs/abc-afl-daily/afl-daily-pod-ep-21/103840934

Paul Roos on the Tigers for the first ~15 min; nice to hear some non shock-jock / doomsday reporting on us.

Main points:
  • Not all doom and gloom; with our best 22 on the park we are a very competitive team that is just lacking depth at the moment highlighted by injuries.
  • Body of work this year is still positive; playing good football for big patches of this year
  • Far too early to make a proper assessment on our situation due to the perfect storm of injuries.
  • Throwing everyone out to “pLaY tHe KiDs!!1!” Is a dangerous fallacy that can lead to detriment of confidence and development of younger players.
  • Most important thing to maintain a system of balance between old, mid and young age players (what we didn’t do right in 2022-23)

Most of his hit outs went to the opposition and he continually fumbled the ball when he did lay hands on it. He had a shocker.
Well who would have guessed that his hitouts went to them, they dominated in the middle. Had a stat on the TV and he had 15 hitouts to advantage from memory, which is a lot, but that didn't translate to us taking the ball away because it may have been a bar of soap he was palming the way our mids went.

Will everyone melt if these are the changes

In: McIntosh, Grimes, Baker, McAuliffe
Out: Graham (injured), MRJ (injured), Banks (injured), Campbell (injured)

Only other change I reckon we’ll see is Cumbo out for Green/Coulthard

Will everyone melt if these are the changes

In: McIntosh, Grimes, Baker, McAuliffe
Out: Graham (injured), MRJ (injured), Banks (injured), Campbell (injured)

Only other change I reckon we’ll see is Cumbo out for Green/Coulthard
If you put Cumbo in the outs people will 100% melt lol

The criticisms of Young and Miller are unfair. Given the quantity, quality and speed of the ball coming out of the centre, even Rance and Astbury at their best would have had limited impact.
Spot on. The backline is the least of our worries.

backline still a worry.
Young and Miller not exactly brimming with x factor and untapped potential. Grimes is still the equal of either of them.
The best are still Broad and Vlaus and Rioli... and Short who now seems a bit inconsistent and below his best.
Gibcus was the big hope :(
Brown is showing potential and Tresize and K Smith as well.

Back