Autopsy Roast/Toast R1 vs Carlton & Changes for R2 vs Port

BOG

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Hasn't really had much of a shot to show his gains though. Don't reckon his one game working his way back from injury as the sub is enough to really judge him on.
I wouldn't mind see him push up to to wing, small forward is the hardest gig in footy, you need a lot of forward nous and talent to play there. He not get a gig in any forward line in the league.

Can't hang him for last years efforts after he's put in a body of work over the ps that was drawing high praise from just about everyone. he ****ed up one kick, we had a dozen other chances to win the game that weren't taken. To drop a guy for one blunder is an emotional call not a reasoned one.
I agree to a point Wookie... new year, new coach, fresh clean slate for everyone... harsh to make a call after one game.

I get all that.

But if I look at the bigger picture, rather than just the emotion of last week, I look at players like Mansell, KMac, Pickett as an example and go, they have had plenty of opportunity, we know what their best looks like, and in struggling teams, their best is not enough of a contribution. I would rather put 20 games into a kid to fastrack our bounceback, than continue to pick blokes who won't be taking us anywhgere.

If I look at KMac, everyone loves him at the club, he kills it every pre-season so it seems, he does all the right things that the coaches love him, but his footy for the last 18-24 months has not been up to scratch, yet he gets picked like hes a top 10 automatic selection. It's mind boggling.

Out:
Meatball
Gibcus
Young
MRJ
Mansell as sub

In:
Miller
Kosi
McCauliffe
Clarke
MRJ to sub

We should try Miller on Dixon. If we get destroyed then Balta will unfortunately just have to go back and we will need to hope that Kosi gives Lynch a legitimate helping hand.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting article by Caro in the Saturday Age.
Benny G and Blair met Balmey for lunch at the Rowena Parade cafe.
Tapped Balmey on the shoulder, told him his time at RFC had expired.
(Balmey was obviously blindsided.)
Personally, I think it showed disrespect to a great Richmond Immortal.

Yes it was posted in media articles thread

Balmey himself said it came from a good place, his health is declining. Sometimes you have to save people from themselves.

Tresize was very good,particularly in the first half, has a bright future, I can see him slotting into a similar role to Vlastuin ( minus the elite foot skills).
If he had Browns foot skills ( or if Brown had his grunt) we’d have an A grader.

Out:
Meatball
Gibcus
Young
MRJ
Mansell as sub

In:
Miller
Kosi
McCauliffe
Clarke
MRJ to sub

We should try Miller on Dixon. If we get destroyed then Balta will unfortunately just have to go back and we will need to hope that Kosi gives Lynch a legitimate helping hand.

I think we leave our forward line as is. Kosi and Lynch will be too slow, Just leave Balta forward/Ruck for now and develop him there. It's not like he doesn't have goals kicked on him anyway.

Yze spoke before the Carlton game of wanting to go smaller, clearly knows we need to be as fast as possible ahead of the ball, given our slow midfield. Miller and Trezise/Brown should come in for Young and Gibcus. Stick with the same structure. Would like to see McCauliffe come in for Prestia.

The next 2 weeks are a massive test, both teams have young quick midfields that will probably challenge us more than the Carlton/Melbourne types.

despite all the umpire cheating and 3 men out on thursday night, this little bastard couldve still won us the game when he had a shot at the end
He took way to long and in the end it was a nothing pass to the pocket. Should have just had a go.

I'm not dismissing them, just not sure they are what they think they are. And I'm not sure we are as bad as the footy world thinks we are, although injuries could take us down pretty easily.

I tend to agree they (CFC) still don't have that 20mile stare that the real contenders have. But i'm not sure there are any teams with that, and i thought the same thing last season. I think 2017 was a bit like that too tbh. Ultimately, someone has to win it & if you end up in the top 4, which i think they are a good chance to do, you are going to be well placed to win the luck lottery

Back