Autopsy Roast/Toast R1 vs Carlton & Changes for R2 vs Port

BOG

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Never really understood that either. When he had the GF debut, all his most memorable moments were either in the middle of the ground or in the forward half. After that he basically has lived everywhere but - wing, and generally dropping more to back flank
Yep, good enough to debut in the guts in the caldron of a GF, but not good enough after that 1 game.

Ben Miller (23 disposals, 10 marks, nine rebound-50s)

"Probably the best game I've seen Ben play. I thought he was an outstanding leader of our back six. He won the ball back for us, he took three contested marks, he had an impact with his big spoils and I thought he used the ball well. Really pleased for Ben and looking forward to seeing that on a consistent basis."

"Probably the best game I've seen Ben play. I thought he was an outstanding leader of our back six. He won the ball back for us, he took three contested marks, he had an impact with his big spoils and I thought he used the ball well. Really pleased for Ben and looking forward to seeing that on a consistent basis."
That's a hell of a game and great timing.

Brown and Trezise good too

Judson Clarke very good

McAuliffe sooner than later

The best thing for our club right now is for the kids to force themselves into the side through weight of numbers in the VFL. Sonsie needs to knock the door down. Cumbo needs to knock the door down with a series of good games. Samson Ryan needs to dominate games one after the other. When the kids come into the team in form then they have their best chance of staking a beat 22 claim through good performances at the highest level.

Force the selectors to pick you.

That's always been the way.

The best thing for our club right now is for the kids to force themselves into the side through weight of numbers in the VFL. Sonsie needs to knock the door down. Cumbo needs to knock the door down with a series of good games. Samson Ryan needs to dominate games one after the other. When the kids come into the team in form then they have their best chance of staking a beat 22 claim through good performances at the highest level.

Force the selectors to pick you.

That's always been the way.
Like Mansell and MRJ.

Wouldn't think so. He's more your Vlastuin/Broad/Grimes replacement and none of those are missing this week.

Only room for so many medium defenders.
Agreed re Tresize, nothing to do with form, more to do with the role he plays, we have plenty of medium defenders.

Good to hear Morris giving him a wrap for his disposal in last weeks VFL practice match. It’s the only deficiency in his game and it’s not that bad.

If he can improve that then maybe he should be considered as an option to play wing. Kicking skills haven’t held Kmac back for 9 seasons in that role (not having a crack at Kamdyn who has played his role as a defensive wingman in a successful era )

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sonsie needs to play. No questions asked. We absolutely cannot afford to toy with him.

100% agree with this.

* finishing 9th with the 4th oldest team in the league. Come bottom 3 with the youngest and hurry this shitshow up so we can get back to competing in Prelims

Agreed re Tresize, nothing to do with form, more to do with the role he plays, we have plenty of medium defenders.

Good to hear Morris giving him a wrap for his disposal in last weeks VFL practice match. It’s the only deficiency in his game and it’s not that bad.

If he can improve that then maybe he should be considered as an option to play wing. Kicking skills haven’t held Kmac back for 9 seasons in that role (not having a crack at Kamdyn who has played his role as a defensive wingman in a successful era )
James Trezise (16 disposals, four marks, one rebound-50)

"James is in some really good form. He continues to win the ball back for us and he used the ball particularly well on Thursday. He is ready, should the opportunity arise at the next level."

TigerImposter -->
excited control GIF

But did he? He was injured vs Dees in first few minutes and then played on Thursday. So he did ok in scrimmages and ran well... Sounds like the usual 'great pre-season' you hear from every club...
He did. Notice I said nothing about Maurice?

bakes leaving is good we can get Mansell in the bl and develop another sfwd instead of shoehorning not-fwds in there

pity we have to deal with a checked out Baker all fugn year but

2024 gonna be wheat from chaff blow out the dead wood finish the tatters of the dynasty off and set to build from about 15th i rekn
mansell can't kick for s**t. no thanks.

Back