Autopsy Roast & Toast vs Bulldogs & Changes for R10 vs Brisbane

Best on ground

• 1. N. Vlastuin

Votes: 85 87.6%
  • * Other

Votes: 12 12.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Does it matter? 34 next year and he can't do nearly half the things he used to be able to do plus he looks disinterested when he plays as well. Time, he hangs em up when his contract is done, or he goes up north to the suns for a short-term retirement fund contract.
read above champ

We would've possibly been destroyed more if he was playing as the tractor count would've increased by one. I f he's the difference in what you witnessed Sat night after watching him perform pitiful for over two seasons in the seniors then we are truly in trouble.
Stats were used to show the deficiencies in our team and that we don't need another tractor in our side. It's a tried and failed experiment even with Hopper and TT as we witnessed last year.
You don't need to be all that quick bullocking under a pack, unlike the wing. Would love Hopper and TT playing right now, and they will be playing for a while longer. Last year was different, very little to be positive about, we still had the same old faces doing progressively less each week. I think we have unearthed some players.

Does it matter our recruits haven't been all that fantastic the last 4 seasons i'd say, we have no real stand outs that we can throw in like Harley Reid straight away and get value out of them.
we can afford an oppo player in his prime

You don't need to be all that quick bullocking under a pack, unlike the wing. Would love Hopper and TT playing right now, and they will be playing for a while longer. Last year was different, very little to be positive about, we still had the same old faces doing progressively less each week. I think we have unearthed some players.
.........but you want kmac back ?? You're living in the past and need to move forward as your last sentence suggests this and yet contradicts your highlighted comment. How can you possibly unearth new talent if kmac , JGTI, Pickett and co. are still running around? Our list is weak and we need to spend this year rotating our juniors around to see who can cut it and not waste our time with dead wood still . TT and JH of course will be around for awhile JUST ON THEIR CONTRACT LENGTHS and they play, but you can't have them surrounded with all the players I've mentioned and add Dow and Banks to the list as i don't see these two juniors not making it.

im not sure you should keep a 28 year old whos career is almost over at the expense of first rounder
That has merit but there’s a dearth of leadership. Nank is quite frankly embarrassing as a leader and aside from vlastuin and maybe Dan Rioli - both north of 28 - can’t see anyone else. Thoughts?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would they come now? Might be better to wait a few years until we get in to the premiership window again before loading up on free agents.
we could easily be top 4 next year if injuries permit

still got big sexy, balta tarranto and big tom browne on the list

We sold the farm for two a few years ago where did that get us?
yeah but we'll have cash to spend

it was only a few weeks ago that we beat the league leaders

things arent as bad as they seem

we could easily be top 4 next year if injuries permit

still got big sexy, balta tarranto and big tom browne on the list
Season 6 What GIF by The Office

That has merit but there’s a dearth of leadership. Nank is quite frankly embarrassing as a leader and aside from vlastuin and maybe Dan Rioli - both north of 28 - can’t see anyone else. Thoughts?
I think we just let him go and take the first rounder

lunacy to match a crazy offer for a 28 y o

We would have beaten any side that day, it was first and only time we played four quarters we haven't done it since.
im not sure u can with the amount of injuries louie has delivered

After an extraordinary period of injuries I’m willing to give the players a mulligan for the weekend. I feel it’s really only the first quarter and a half of GC game and the weekend where we’ve been less than acceptable in effort and desperation.

If it lingers I’ll be disappointed, but right now I’ll excuse it as nearly every team has games they’d prefer to take back from an effort point of view.

FWIW, when viewing the ‘tracker’ GPS details in the AFL app the pure numbers suggest we were running our arses off from a kms point of view, and I’d say it’s those GPS numbers which Yze is referencing when he says post game he can’t question the effort. If we genuinely weren’t trying the distance we are running would be well down, and it isn’t.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Strap in mate because that was the first one of the year and it is going to look shithouse for the rest of the year. I completely agree that our year up until the last game looked largely 100% positive. The kids were putting in their all and we were hanging around for long periods and falling over in the last quarters. However by the way that Yze has spoken about some of the older players and them getting "Frustrated", we are going to see a lot more of what we saw on the weekend. It just seems to be the way of young developing sides (apart from North this year). When we were up and about I was praying that we would play all the sides that went deep into the finals in the first 5 weeks because they are a bit lethargic then. It would mean that you would get a nice ride in June and July as all the young developing teams have hit that "I don't give a heck" stage of the year where it is cold and all they can think about is the footy trip and a warm preseason.

This week I’d drop Pickett, rest Prestia and Dusty (think he might be injured anyways)

Out: Pickett, Prestia, Dusty, MRJ, Banks, Graham

In: Trezise, McAuliffe, Cumbo (not sub), Baker, Ryan, Green

Sub: Coulthard

I’d be telling the new players this is your spot in the team until you lose it. Graham, Pickett, McIntosh, Grimes can all play in the magoos and prove they are good enough (or retire). Dusty and Prestia will replace Mansell and Dow unless they perform at an AFL standard which to date I would say they have about once this year. Cumbo gets a full game to prove himself, if not, back to the magoos.

Short to play midfield/wing and Trezise to take his place down back. Bolton to play more midfield minutes.

.........but you want kmac back ?? You're living in the past and need to move forward as your last sentence suggests this and yet contradicts your highlighted comment. How can you possibly unearth new talent if kmac , JGTI, Pickett and co. are still running around? Our list is weak and we need to spend this year rotating our juniors around to see who can cut it and not waste our time with dead wood still . TT and JH of course will be around for awhile JUST ON THEIR CONTRACT LENGTHS and they play, but you can't have them surrounded with all the players I've mentioned and add Dow and Banks to the list as i don't see these two juniors not making it.
I don't want to bring him back, but you know they will. So at least try and so something proactive, rather than the same old same old.

This week I’d drop Pickett, rest Prestia and Dusty (think he might be injured anyways)

Out: Pickett, Prestia, Dusty, MRJ, Banks, Graham

In: Trezise, McAuliffe, Cumbo (not sub), Baker, Ryan, Green

Sub: Coulthard

I’d be telling the new players this is your spot in the team until you lose it. Graham, Pickett, McIntosh, Grimes can all play in the magoos and prove they are good enough (or retire). Dusty and Prestia will replace Mansell and Dow unless they perform at an AFL standard which to date I would say they have about once this year. Cumbo gets a full game to prove himself, if not, back to the magoos.

Short to play midfield/wing and Trezise to take his place down back. Bolton to play more midfield minutes.
Trezise was concussed. Prestia ran the game out, surely he will play again.
I'd bring Smith in. Was a little quieter than usual, but has been very good all year.
Agree re Pickett and maybe Dusty if injured. Tempted to bring in Bauer, but needs a bit more game time probably. Would like to see Coulthard play from the start.

Back