Autopsy Rd 11 Carlton vs Essendon - So what did you get up to this weekend?

Who were our best players in round 12

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

This was inevitable from the moment the teams were announced.

We had 4 players with 100 games under their belt, 2 of which were Casboult and Fasolo who shouldn't even be getting a game and then you have Curnow who is a tagger not even playing in the midfield and an underdone Kruezer.

There is no experience anywhere on the ground to lead us, we should have Simpson, Jones, Thomas, Docherty down back 4 quality 100 game players which is why our defense was strong but none of them are playing. We should have got a senior mid or 2 in last off season and we should have Murphy in there to give us 3-4 senior mids but we have none.

Cripps is either injured or being seriously hampered and we are doing nothing about it, to have his 2 career worst games in the last 3 weeks when he has pretty much announced himself as the best player in the comp prior to that rings alarm bells.

The way we gave up in the lst half of the final qtr was very disappointing. Crippsy held go 11 touches...lack of support for him...AGAIN. Lowest losing score against Bombers since 1989. This outcome will continue until we bolster the team with seasoned players aged 24 to 28 who can mentor our very talented younger players.

There in a nutshell is why we are now in this present predicament. The club has plenty of cap space ... but no self respecting free or pre agent would take the chance of potentially burning up to 3 or 4 yrs. of their footy career on non finals footy by signing on the dotted line to play for the 'once mighty' Blues.

IMHO the only viable option the club has is to find a head coach with a new game plan with some scoring strategies and a new group of development coaches and to stick with their draft picks and hope like hell, Cripps doesn't get a case of too over whelming home sickness.

I need to whipper snip my front yard.

Cut my new pool cover to size.

Put up the netting on the kids trampoline.

I'm doing a partial renovation on my bathroom.

Wash the dogs.

Hang some pictures.

Put together some flat pack furniture.

Clean and detail my second car and sell it.

So much to do. It's going to take my next 12 weekends.

How about you?
I played the Hellboy board game over at Davemonkey's place. It's OK - worth another bash I reckon. Now we're going to have takeaway Thai.

Bolton sacking watch. We are nowhere near the level. Binges Like Cage from the second quarter.
Bring out the Bex.

I hope you all can see now what I have been seeing for years.

This is the worst list in AFL history and it is all backed up with solid facts and data.The coaching quality is equal to the list quality.

Misfits and rejects nabbed out of desperation when there were almost certainly better alternatives available.

Anybody you dares to argue with me needs a straight jacket.

Put your navy blue coloured glasses in the bin and get a full dose of reality.
I can't watch this crap any longer.

Maybe the club could seek out Monsanto as a new sponsor and run out with a Roundup insignia on its jumpers.

I've loved this club for over 50 years and was lucky enough to live through our golden era. I've been patient as we have all been asked to be, but there comes a time and like the club I am cooked!

You have been seeing it for years, yet we turned over almost our whole list in 4 years.

It's more than that. 7 out of the 22 today came from other clubs and one of them was Ed Curnow who has been a decent servant over the years.

I'll take my straight jacket on that particular point.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wish I didnt care so much. But I probably care too much. I wonder how much happier a person I would be if we could just win a few games.

I’ve been backing bolts all year. But now I’m not so sure. Surely this can’t be all coaching related though!?

I dunno. I ******* hate essendon
Bolts ciaching strategy is too inflexible. Rarely a Plan B. One of Clarko's strengths is his ability to react and change strategy mid game.

No Murphy, Simpson, Thomas, Docherty. Cripps down for the second week in a row. Ed the only other member of the leadership group playing. Other most experienced players include Kruezer (probably our best today), Casboult (also good but not a noted leader), Fasolo, then it's down to Plowman and Weitering.

All up, our on-field leadership stocks are desperately low. Not an excuse or even a complete explanation, but definitely a factor.

Great idea. Really shouldn't put that sort of thing off until a rainy day ... oh it was a rainy day. Throw out anything interesting? One man's trash is another man's treasure you know.

I have a nasty habit of hanging onto things to see if they'll be useful one day. But much of it was old garbage unearthed after I cleared a mammoth boxthorn patch - appears the old owner had an 'out of sight, out of mind' philosophy. I'd sort it myself and take it in, but by the time you do all that and 3-4 runs in with the trailer AND pay them to process recyclables, you might as well just hire the skip and let them sort it out.

Im convinced Bolts just hasnt got it after today, (i love his unity approach but that doesnt win games)all our coaches probably bar the defensive coach.... theres no connection with the fwds, our clearance setup is amicable, heppel and mcgrath consistently unmanned at stoppages.... our development and skill set is non existent. As a supporter im lost at the moment.
Nice guys finish last. That’s the bottom line.

Time to get a mongrel that will shake things up.

Back