GEE...we are a...LONG way ahead of the rest of you minnow franchisees!

Remove this Banner Ad

a Bay PUS's head exploded

There are a lot of Bay PUSsycats heads exploding in this thread, along with your chances of winning the flag

Now do one for Collingwood's grand final winning percentage

It's higher than your pathetic finals win % over the last 7 years, which is why you won't be winning another one any time soon. Stuck on 9

View attachment 689710

What a pathetic 7 years, not even close to the standard... Happy you asked now? :tearsofjoy:
That’s it..!? Some amateurish random graph you’ve drawn up yourself..? :tearsofjoy::thumbsu:
It's higher than your pathetic finals win % over the last 7 years, which is why you won't be winning another one any time soon. Stuck on 9
Wow that was a lightning fast reply, are you feverishly smashing the refresh page button hoping for me to post? :$

Anyway why are you only using 7 years out of our 160 to create your masterpiece here? Seems like too small a sample to get a fair conclusion, yeah?

Could it be you’re trying to manipulate the whole story a little bit just to impress yourself? ;)

There are a lot of Bay PUSsycats heads exploding in this thread, along with your chances of winning the flag

And yet we have the same number of flags :)

Why did you stop at 7 years? Why not go back 10 or 12? 15 even.

You know, I actually started to like Collingwood a little bit - Bucks seems like a nice guy as a coach, the players are mostly I offensive (and some even likeable, like Big Cox) and, compared to the Richmond unwashed, most Collingwood supporters seem humble.

Then there's this muppet :)

That’s it..!? Some amateurish random graph you’ve drawn up yourself..?

Are you saying it's not accurate, or you're just clutching at straws?

Wow that was a lightning fast reply, are you feverishly smashing the refresh page button hoping for me to post?

Could it be you’re trying to manipulate the whole story a little bit just to impress yourself?

I could ask you exactly the same questions, friend, except that would be a distraction from the actual topic at hand

Anyway why are you only using 7 years out of our 160 to create your masterpiece here? Seems like too small a sample to get a fair conclusion, yeah?

Funny, you didn't say that when you were repeatedly asking about the 7 year pre-flag records of WCE, Swans, Hawks and Pies... only now you've seen that data doesn't help you, you don't like it. LOL

And yet we have the same number of flags

Nope. We have 15 and 2 wooden spoons. You have 9 and 5. Sorry U19s and reserves don't count :tearsofjoy:

Why did you stop at 7 years? Why not go back 10 or 12? 15 even

Because the thread topic is about how you're going to win the flag this year (in June), and my rebuttal is about your abysmal finals record since the last time you played in a GF, which was 7 seasons prior. If you want to console yourself by going back 10, 12, 15 or 100 years that's up to you

Last edited:
Are you saying it's not accurate, or you're just clutching at straws?
How would I know if it’s accurate, I’m asking you to prove it to me with more than some hastily drawn grid you created yourself using Microsoft office. :$
Funny, you didn't say that when you were repeatedly asking about the 7 year pre-flag records of WCE, Swans, Hawks and Pies...
I didn’t ask anything about the Hawks tho. Are you ok or is jumping at shadows just a side effect of your medication? :think:
only now you've seen that data doesn't help you, you don't like it. LOL
I’ve seen nothing that backs up your claims besides the aforementioned grid you created to support your :cherries::handok: of 7 years.

Try again but try better. :)

How would I know if it’s accurate, I’m asking you to prove it to me with more than some hastily drawn grid you created yourself using Microsoft office...

So you're just clutching at straws then. If you believe my numbers are wrong, feel free to look it up yourself

I’ve seen nothing that backs up your claims besides the aforementioned grid you created

Again: please quote me on these 'unproven claims' you say I'm making. You guys brought up the finals records of other teams in the 7 years prior to their flags, not me. I just did a little legwork for you because you're too lazy. Now you found out it doesn't favour you, you want me to prove it? Nice backflip, judges say 10 points

So you're just clutching at straws then. If you believe my numbers are wrong, feel free to look it up yourself
So no link, no official website & nothing but your opinion.

And here you are expecting us to just take your word for it. Good luck with that. :tearsofjoy::thumbsu:
Now you found out it doesn't favour you, you want me to prove it?
Exactly, show some proof. :shrug:

It’s ok, I know you can’t but I just like watching you wriggle in your tin searching for a way out of this.
I bet you thought drawing up that graph would cover you in glory & no one would question it either. :$

This is your question. Here is my answer. If you don't like it, tough ****

View attachment 689714
No, that’s not a correct answer, that’s a % you “claim” is correct.

I know this is getting sticky for you but show the actual number of finals these clubs won in the 7 years leading up to their flag year please.

Oh and you can remove the Hawks as I didn’t ask for theirs, that should save you some time. :cool:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

show the actual number of finals these clubs won in the 7 years leading up to their flag year please

Here you go friend, since you asked so nicely:

7 years_games.jpg

So now you can clearly see that the other teams, with the exception of the COLAs, played basically the same number of finals as geelol over the last 7 years, except with a much better win %. Happy you asked now?

And in case you're wondering, Richmond were 0-3 like the soft utensil campaigners we all know they are, while the Doggies were 2-5 (29%) - that's the territory the Cats are occupying now. I won't dignify either of these squibs by including them in my table.

you can remove the Hawks as I didn’t ask for theirs

That's okay friend, I'm happy to include some bonus info for you. In the 7 years under discussion, the flag was won by WCE, Richmond (lucky flogs with 0 injuries), Dogs, (lucky flogs from ), Hawks (3) and Swans, so those are the relevant teams. And I included the Pies since everyone seems to want to talk about them in this thread

Last edited:
Happy you asked now?
I am actually & I’m doubly happy you went to all that trouble for me.

But what I’m mostly happy with is that if we win the flag this year we will have done it without losing a Grand Final in the last seven years like West Coast, Hawforn, Collingwood and Sydney have all done.

Thanks for pointing out what winners we are when it comes to the big dance. :cool::thumbsu:

Nice backfire.

376BEC59-4DAB-4F13-B6A8-3D8F3D44AF27.jpeg

LOL, so now the "hastily drawn grid you created yourself using Microsoft office" is indisputable gospel :tearsofjoy:

what I’m mostly happy with is that if we win the flag this year we will have done it without losing a Grand Final in the last seven years

That has nothing to do with the number of finals played so you could have worked it out from the previous table I posted - but I know you're a bit slow so don't worry...

Anyway, yep because - at the risk of repeating myself - your finals record hasn't been anywhere near good enough to make a GF given that requires 2 or even 3 wins, and your record is "1 in a row". And if that trend continues, you won't be making the GF this year either and, as I also mentioned before, the only way to win flags these days is to play in GFs (apparently there was some flog competition a couple of centuries back where flags were awarded based on votes by the media, can you believe that? what a joke!)

And that is why Collingwood, and Carlton, and Essendon (all foundation clubs along with the Cats), and Hawthorn, and the Tigers (front running latecomers) all have more flags than you - because they've all played in more GFs than your minnow team. And ALL the other teams, who have won less flags than you, have played in less GFs than you. See a little trend there?

So IF you do win the flag this year - which would be an appropriate discussion for some time around Sept rather than June - having not lost a GF in the last 7 years, you would then be in the exalted company of the Tuggers and Footscray, who did the same - just as you are in their company with your 3-9 25% finals win rate :$

And if that gives you a gooey feeling, you're welcome sao

Thanks for pointing out what winners we are when it comes to the big dance

Actually there are no less than 10 teams that have as good or better GF win % than you. You don't even make the top 8 of current teams. So congrats :cool:

/thread, June grand final parade cancelled due to acid rain

Last edited:
That has nothing to do with the number of finals played and you could have worked it out from the previous table I posted, but I know you're a bit slow so don't worry...

Yep, that's true, because - at the risk of repeating myself - your finals record hasn't been anywhere near good enough to make a GF given that requires 2 or even 3 wins, and your record is "1 in a row". And if that trend continues, you won't be making the GF this year either and, as I also mentioned before, the only way to win flags these days is to play in GFs (apparently there was some flog competition a couple of centuries back where flags were awarded based on votes by the media, can you believe that? what a joke!)

And that is why Collingwood, and Carlton, and Essendon (all foundation clubs along with the Cats), and Hawthorn, and the Tigers (front running latecomers) all have more flags than you - because they've all played in more GFs than your minnow team. And ALL the other teams, who have won less flags than you, have played in less GFs than you. See a little trend there?

So IF you do win the flag this year - which would be an appropriate discussion for some time around Sept rather than June - having not lost a GF in the last 7 years, you would then be in the exalted company of the Tuggers and Footscray, who did the same - just as you are in their company with your 3-9 25% finals win rate :$

And if that gives you a gooey feeling, you're welcome sao

/thread, June grand final parade cancelled due to acid rain
Phew, what a rant. :sweat:

So essentially what you’ve proven here is we’ll have the best GF record out of the 4 clubs you listed if we win this year.

D25B57EA-4129-4044-91A3-827763871669.gif

Cheers friend, but I could’ve told you that a few pages back. :)

P.s, nice backfire. :thumbsu:

Nope. We have 15 and 2 wooden spoons. You have 9 and 5. Sorry U19s and reserves don't count :tearsofjoy:

Because the thread topic is about how you're going to win the flag this year (in June), and my rebuttal is about your abysmal finals record since the last time you played in a GF, which was 7 seasons prior. If you want to console yourself by going back 10, 12, 15 or 100 years that's up to you

Oh jeez you're a bit spesh, aren't you?

My "same number of flags" was in relation to your very specific 7 year window :)

We've only played in 1 grand final in that period, giving us a 100% grand final winning rate.

What's your grand final winning rate from that same period? :(

We've only played in 1 grand final in that period, giving us a 100% grand final winning rate. What's your grand final winning rate from that same period?

If you read my previous post, and my below comment, several times, and maybe have someone explain the big words to you, you might eventually come to realise that GF win % is a meaningless stat, which is why the only people who bring it up are those who are still languishing in the single-digit flags era and need a straw to clutch at

Do you know who has never lost a GF? GCS and GWS

So essentially what you’ve proven here is we’ll have the best GF record out of the 4 clubs you listed if we win this year

IF it happens, you'll have the equal-best GF win % of the preceding 11 seasons - a highly recognised stat which is constantly being bandied about as a benchmark of success /sarc - along with Richmond and the Doggies, catapulting you into equal 9th place on the all-time GF win % table. A dream come true I'm sure

You'll also continue to have played less GFs than the 6 teams above you on the Flags won table - a highly recognised stat which IS constantly being bandied about as a measure of success

I could’ve told you that a few pages back

I highly doubt it and if you could, you would have, since you tried everything else to debunk my data (which you have now accepted as gospel) and failed

Last edited:
Let's take a look at the top GF win % teams, since you guys are so keen on it

GF win %.jpg

An average of 6 flags each :tearsofjoy: what fitting company for you, the single digit minnows

For reference, you're currently =10th with 50% overall

Which record would you rather have?

A. Footscray, with 67% GF wins and 2 flags
B. Geelong, with 50% GF wins and 9 flags

Answers on the back of a postcard please...

Last edited:
So if we win the flag this year we’ll have the best GF win rate out of Sydney, Hawf, Collingwood and West Coast.

Cheers Saveloy Rockstar for pointing out how good we are when it comes to winning Grand Finals. :thumbsu:

2B32AD18-C143-4F20-8AEC-825295ABA286.jpeg

So if we win the flag this year we’ll have the best GF win rate out of Sydney, Hawf, Collingwood and West Coast

IF it happens, you would have a better GF win % over a 7 year period - the most meaningless stat ever contrived - which someone once said is:
Anyway why are you only using 7 years out of our 160 to create your masterpiece here? Seems like too small a sample to get a fair conclusion, yeah? Could it be you’re trying to manipulate the whole story a little bit just to impress yourself?

:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy: Could it be you’re trying to manipulate the whole story a little bit just to impress yourself, campaigner?

Cheers Saveloy Rockstar for pointing out how good we are when it comes to winning Grand Finals. :thumbsu:

You haven't done it yet idiot. More premature ejaculation

Man, you know the thread is over when campaigners have to award themselves future dream flags to claim a meaningless stat victory :cool:

IF it happens, you would have a better GF win % over a 7 year period - the most meaningless stat ever contrived - which someone once said is:
Au contraire, it’s the period you’ve been using for the last few pages to show that Geelong are s**t, now it’s backfired on you it’s suddenly “meaningless”. :$:thumbsu:
Could it be you’re trying to manipulate the whole story a little bit just to impress yourself, campaigner?
Hey I’m just going with the info you provided, that same info that places us above West Coast, Hawthorn & Collingwood in our ability to win Grand Finals rather than lose them.

Ouch. :)
You haven't done it yet idiot. More premature ejaculation
Ahh but when we do I’m sure you’ll no longer be on the bay to celebrate with us anyway. :$
Man, you know the thread is over when campaigners have to award themselves future dream flags to claim a meaningless stat victory
This same “meaningless” stat you’ve spent hours researching and even more hours debating?

Must taste a little bitter that you’ve just unwittingly elevated us above your own club as well as Hawf & West Coast when it comes to who statistically performs better on the big day. :cool:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back