Fan threatened with eviction from MCG for barracking too loud

Remove this Banner Ad

Quite possibly the most moronic and over the top knee jerk reaction I’ve ever heard of. Congratulations champ. You deserve a hit chocolate before bedtime.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This poster is clearly drunk, and has justified my point. Gil, remove the grog!

Attitudes like this are why we need more security presence.

To be fair, I daresay it's also partly a response to external social pressures (and rightfully so as well).

But if we're employing that argument we're accepting that a number of people are going to get kicked out for this reason anyway. It doesn't detract from the argument that more security means more genuine troublemakers will get kicked out.

And people that don't think abusing someone else for no real valid reason isn't a dick move is the reason why we need more strict security.
The opposite meaning of my example can be true too.

But that’s not the problem, it’s the client edicts that are the problem in this case and that is what we are judging.

The nazi/communist analogies are obvious hyperboles, but enforcing corporate like compliance on sports crowds isn’t particularly great.

Especially when the afl have lied about its implementation, let alone its true purpose, which is corporate ass covering.
Old mate Gil and the AFl have dug a hole for themselves and they think digging more will get them out of it.

Nah, should ban all adults.

It's all about the kids after all. :rolleyes:
Oh yeah, it's such a hindrance that kids should be able to enjoy the footy.

Oh yeah, it's such a hindrance that kids should be able to enjoy the footy.

Care to explain how security guards wandering around poking their noses into everyone's business will enhance the footy experience for kids?

Actually, don't bother. CBF listening to an AFL plant.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why would an increased threat of being kicked out for anti-social behaviour make someone MORE likely to do something that will get them kicked out?

Probably that innate human desire to do the opposite of what we're 'told'. It's especially strong in Australians, if you hadn't noticed.

Also, I'm sure even the most recalcitrant punters would be more amenable to the idea of modified crowd behaviour if the AFL wasn't blatantly lying about its enforcement.

168259.jpg

The fans were up in arms over this particular issue well before the media caught on. Yes fans have been getting ejected from games forever but it’s only been the last couple of weeks where it’s been apparent that it’s happening merely for using words like “flog” and barracking too loud.
They guy who called Nicholls a bald flog got kicked out for doing it directly to him at the race in a threatening manner, it wasn't because of the word flog, it was how and where he said it. The AFL explained this, you can't personally abuse umps at the race.

The Colingwood bloke who was barracking loudly wasn't thrown out, he was just told to tone it down. He claimed he doesn't swear or abuse people yet evidence surfaced the next day of him doing exactly that and then he didn't want to talk to the media.

Care to explain how security guards wandering around poking their noses into everyone's business will enhance the footy experience for kids?

Actually, don't bother. CBF listening to an AFL plant.
Lol, "cBf LiSTenINg tO An AFl PlANt"

Because anyone that isn't concerned about enhanced security presence at football games is a plant. Nice reach there.
Probably that innate human desire to do the opposite of what we're 'told'. It's especially strong in Australians, if you hadn't noticed.

Also, I'm sure even the most recalcitrant punters would be more amenable to the idea of modified crowd behaviour if the AFL wasn't blatantly lying about its enforcement.
Completely disagree. Just look at the initial response to this thread. People were upset about a guy getting kicked out for allegedly calling an umpire a homophobic remark. Even if he did it, he abused an umpire in a way that made the umpire feel unsafe. And people were still upset. You're expecting people to be rational about this. They won't.
If someone is simply yelling loudly in the vicinity of children...now that will really bother some parents, but others will love it. That person gets booted or not?
Depends what they're yelling. If they're simply supporting their team, I truly doubt there will be a problem.

Thank **** when I go to games I go sit up the back of either level 3 or 4 and nobody can hear me carry on like a pork chop
You're doing a service to society, sir.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back