Preview Round 18 vs Fremantle at Optus Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He can’t get around the square on the SCG, how the hell is he going to run around Optus?

I might need comedic relief after losing my quaddie on Saturday...there's one positive I guess!

O'Riordan was good against Carlton and I think he has secured his place in the side for now. He's getting a little better every few weeks. A little more confident to go for marks and he's playing on progressively better forwards each week. He spent a fair bit of time on Cripps when he was playing as a forward last week and I think he's earning more faith from the coaches.

I'd love to see some better runners brought in this week to counter Freo. Clarke, Fox, Stoddart (along with Knoll/Amartey) for Dawson, Cunningham, and two of Ronke, Jack, and Hayward. That way you can play Knoll/Amartey and Fox as the rucks (oof, writing that down is sobering).

We thought that last week...then Jack was selected

Jack was the best performed player in the Reserves and was rightly selected. Particularly for the attributes required by the selectors last week, which was small mid/forward. I'd have omitted Ronke rather than Rose but I'm not privy to KPI's or longer term strategy.

This week we are looking to replace Cunningham. Stoddart is the right fit for that role.

Jack was the best performed player in the Reserves and was rightly selected. Particularly for the attributes required by the selectors last week, which was small mid/forward. I'd have omitted Ronke rather than Rose but I'm not privy to KPI's or longer term strategy.

This week we are looking to replace Cunningham. Stoddart is the right fit for that role.

Jack the best performed player was laughable and it showed. He was awful as he’s been all year at AFL level. Mind you if he plays this week we will give Freo one less player to worry about I guess.

Let’s hope you are right but why am I expecting some ridiculous inclusion that isn’t Stoddart...

Rose or Fox for Jack?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jack is worse than Foote last year
I was going to say that Ronke's form reminds me a lot of Foote at the moment. Doing a lot of busy work, covering lots of ground but not impacting play. Just off the pace of senior level.

I think Fox will come in for Dawson. I'd bring in Clarke for Ronke, release Hewett to a more assertive role and Jack forward.

How on earth does Jack survive...are we trying to make Freo win?

Bizarre that we didn’t even attempt to challenge Dawson’s ban. We would’ve had a good case IMO.

Really beginning to think we don’t want to do anything to upset the AFL these days..

On what basis?

Was it high- yes
Medium impact- yes (went off the field to be assessed, came back on but that’s usually medium)
Careless- yes

Which one are you challenging?

On what basis?

Was it high- yes
Medium impact- yes (went off the field to be assessed, came back on but that’s usually medium)
Careless- yes

Bring up the hypocrisy of other recent and similar cases and their outcomes, at least try something

How on earth does Jack survive...are we trying to make Freo win?

His form is better than Ronke's.

There is no "learning" benefit to him in dropping him to the 2's.

There is a "learning" benefit to others in having him on the field in the seniors.

He may well have been playing a role that you couldn't see that restricted his personal possession count.

There is a "learning" benefit to others in having him on the field in the seniors.

He may well have been playing a role that you couldn't see that restricted his personal possession count.

Play Rose and Fox. Jack can teach players in the NEAFL he was cooked a year ago. However we all know Horse won’t drop him willingly

L.
Bizarre that we didn’t even attempt to challenge Dawson’s ban. We would’ve had a good case IMO.

Really beginning to think we don’t want to do anything to upset the AFL these days..

Agreed. Very few suspensions are not challenged these days.

On what basis?

Was it high- yes
Careless- yes

The decision to "assess" is an arbitrary one. It doesn't of itself mean the impact was medium.

If our season was still alive I have no doubt we'd have appealed that.

Droll from BfB.

Play Rose and Fox. Jack can teach players in the NEAFL he was cooked a year ago. However we all know Horse won’t drop him willingly

Funnily enough Horse is the one paid good money to coach at the highest level and you're not.

I imagine, for instance, a contributing factor in Jack's favour would be the absence of a runner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back